New guest conduct policy at Scarowinds after complaints

The policy page mentions that cars off dropping guests (presumably parents dropping off their kids) will be handed a copy of the rules. I think this is mostly about communicating expectations more clearly.

Rowdy guests were ejected from the park last weekend. Perhaps we'll see more bans and fewer warnings, since no one can claim ignorance.

I personally feel like this is just a PR spin. The policies aren’t new, they are just communicating more. I guess it is a start but given the crowds that SCarowinds attracts I don’t believe that it will be effective. 

I also believe that the “improvements that the guests can’t see.” Is just a buff. It is kind of a former workplace of mine saying they have cameras in the parking but when something actually happen in the parking lot they came asking us to report anything we knew. We later discovered there were no cameras btw. 

On 9/20/2019 at 2:03 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Sure would be nice if these rules were actually enforced consistently chain-wide instead of given lip service.   

This...

The line jumping is rampant at both CP and CW, and it's not going to stop as long as it works... You don't let them pass you in the queue, they just hop over/under the railing and keep going... I've heard every excuse for it in the book, and apparently I'm the asshole for not letting them by...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2019 at 1:57 PM, malem said:

Carowinds has posted a new guest conduct policy for Scarowinds after complaints about fighting made the local news last weekend. 

Horseplay and running are now expressly prohibited during Scarowinds.

I really wish the running rule was enforced. Except for maybe rope drop. Don't ruin running of the bulls.

I was at Kings Island 4th of July weekend and a thunderstorm came up one of those days. Seems like lots of kids started running like mad for no reason. running into me too. I find that annoying. Normally someone bumps into me fine I don't care it happens. But running for no reason during a storm its just stupid.