Holiday World's Voyage To Be Closed for 2019 Halloween Season For Re-tracking

Oof. If you were planning to go to Holiday World for their Halloween event and were hoping to get some night rides on The Voyage in, I had bad news: that won't be happening this year. The Voyage is slated to get yet another massive re-tracking, and thus must be closed for the rest of the season.

From what I can tell Raven, Legend, and Thunderbird will all be open though. Giant traditional wooden coasters like Voyage need lots of upkeep, especially with how intense Voyage is (even with the MCBR on) and this is more proof of that. Hopefully when Voyage re-opens in 2020, it is a smoother ride for at least another short while (until the next inevitable major retrack).

Holiday World has closed coasters for the fall season in the past to get a head start on major maintenance projects. They have typically given advance notice of the downtime, the construction projects aren't always easy to predict.

As annoying as it is to have rides down, it's better to not ride something on a particular visit than to have an inferior experience on a ride in need of maintenance. Always good to see parks investing in the long term.

• Like 4

I'm guessing an evaluation revealed more work needing done than initially expected. They stated that their plan was to close it after the season but realized they woudl need more time than slated so had to closer it sooner and that's why there wasn't an earlier notice.

I understand it a lot but still very bummed about it. Friends and I bought tickets for yesterday awhile ago. Luckily found out about the IT issues Friday night so we changed our trip, but then to find this out immediately following the changed date has soured teh trip a bit in my mind but overalls till looking forward to it and hopefully The Voyage will run amazingly again starting next year, though I haven't ever really found it to be that bad.