Removals for 2020

Rivertown Rider

Carrying over the discussion from the Haunt thread, there is currently another funeral visitation area set up this year.  In addition, two new graves and tombstones have popped up tonight.

What one or two things do you think are getting removed for the 2020 season?  Do you think it is a ride or a building or a Haunt?

I personally would be surprised if it is a coaster as I can't see them removing one after removing Firehawk last year.  Most of the flats have been pretty reliable this year with maybe the exception of Viking Fury but it still seems pretty popular.  Congo Falls, I could eventually see disappearing but that would be down the line if they put a new coaster in Action Zone. 

Interestingly I saw on someone's Facebook group someone posted a picture of Slaughterhouse.  Could both Slaughterhouse and Madame Fatale's be going away and in 2021 we get a Rivertown expansion back in that area?

What do you think is going away or do you think anything is going away?

• Like 4

Since there were no new mazes this yea might be retiring two mazes for new ones. As stated nothing jumps out as being likely to be removed. If Viking Fury was removed I hope they would just replace it with a new swinging ship as those are a great fun family ride and I love it's location in the park.

Slaughterhouse and Madame Fatale's are my favorite mazes there so woudl hate to see them removed but if it was for a big expansion of Rivertown I'd be ok with it.

Also agree that I can see Congo Falls, and possibly Invertigo, removed for a new coaster/major ride in Action Zone (hopefully part of a major revamp of the area) but with Orion opening next year don't see a major new coaster for a few years. See the two of those going together as they make a large plot of land together and both are older, with many boomerangs being removed from parks. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rlentless said:

If it's a coaster, would it be Invertigo?  Since they have 12 chairs in the funeral visitation?  Because it has been named Invertigo for 12 seasons . . I hope not but just speculating.

I am not sure that is the reason, but I do see Invertigo as a fair contender to be removed. As far as we know, Vekoma is no longer making parts for it, and Stinger’s parts from Dorney Park will only last so long.

• Like 3

If Gerstlauer were come to KI, it'd have to be at least on the scale of HangTime (which is 16 riders), but even that'd be towing the line IMO of limited capacity.

As intriguing as a ride like that would be, I'd rather just go with B&M for the Dive. And no just because Valravn exists doesn't mean that can't happen. ;)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BeastForever said:

If Gerstlauer were come to KI, it'd have to be at least on the scale of HangTime (which is 16 riders), but even that'd be towing the line IMO of limited capacity.

To be fair, many people think it will be replaced by a Mack launch coaster which only seats 16 passengers per train. At least, that is what Copperhead Strike has.

• Like 2

Correct. But the point I was making is that if its a vertical drop coaster theyre looking to add next, then a B&M dive would be the better alternative to something from Gerstlauer.

Most launch coasters in general usually have pretty low riders per train anyway, so 16-20 riders is typically just what you have to settle with.

Now the ultimate win, however, would be to have the two-train station a la Maverick to make it 24-32 per dispatch.

That having said, as much as I would like the next coaster to be a launcher, if I had my money on it I would bet a B&M dive. It would be unlike anything we have currently, and would fit quite nicely into the Invertigo/CF plot of space.

• Like 4

On 9/22/2019 at 12:16 AM, Rivertown Rider said:

Viking Fury

On 9/22/2019 at 12:32 AM, Kifan6754 said:

Viking furry

16 hours ago, purdude86 said:

Viking Fury

NearChubbyCottonmouth-size_restricted.gi

(Source.)

It's fine, I'm not bitter towards that ride after working it or anything. ;) 

16 hours ago, purdude86 said:

If Viking Fury was removed I hope they would just replace it with a new swinging ship as those are a great fun family ride and I love it's location in the park.

I do agree with this, though. VF has a really beautiful location in the park. When its day comes, I hope its replacement is equally as picturesque.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

NearChubbyCottonmouth-size_restricted.gi

(Source.)

It's fine, I'm not bitter towards that ride after working it or anything. ;) 

I do agree with this, though. VF has a really beautiful location in the park. When its day comes, I hope its replacement is equally as picturesque.

I think a Mack multi launch or an Intamin blitz would look great in that plot of land over the pond. 

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think a Mack multi launch or an Intamin blitz would look great in that plot of land over the pond. 

As much as I agree that would look great, I hope when it is time for Viking Fury to leave, it gets replaced with another swinging ship ride. KI is already short on flats, and a non looping swinging ship is a ride that can appeal to a wide range of people.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am not sure that is the reason, but I do see Invertigo as a fair contender to be removed. As far as we know, Vekoma is no longer making parts for it, and Stinger’s parts from Dorney Park will only last so long.

Who says that Vekoma is no longer making parts for Invertigo?  Just because Stinger was removed from Dorney doesn`t mean that parts aren`t still being made/available.  

• Like 1

Would they host a funeral for a non-returning haunt? I haven't been to Haunt, but I guess my assumption was that haunts tend to come and go over the years. Maybe I'm wrong, though. 

I know VF was down quite a bit this summer, but I really hope that's not what's being lost. I haven't convinced my son to try it yet, lol. But it's in such a beautiful location, it's an amusement park standard and I have a lot of fond memories of riding it with my grandmother. 

I heard some people mention Vortex (because everyone mentions Vortex when it comes to removal rumors) but I have serious doubts about that one. It's been a park icon for more than 30 years. It's not only historic, it's been a part of the Kings Island skyline for three decades. I would think a ride like that, especially when it's still working fine, you'd give a full final season to. 

I wouldn't be sad to see Invertigo...um, go. It's an anticlimactic ride and I haven't taken the time to wait in that long line for about a decade. 

Boo Blasters, I'd be okay losing. But again, don't see it happening. Kids still love it and it gets the people in, and it's cheaper just to keep it going. 

But who knows!? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cdubbs727 said:

Would they host a funeral for a non-returning haunt? I haven't been to Haunt, but I guess my assumption was that haunts tend to come and go over the years. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

As did I, I'm almost positive ive seen posts saying "this attraction will not be returning" from other Cedar Fair parks. 

1 minute ago, cdubbs727 said:

Boo Blasters, I'd be okay losing. But again, don't see it happening. Kids still love it and it gets the people in, and it's cheaper just to keep it going. 

To add to this. I do not see Boo Blasters Getting removed. I see it getting re themed as it is in Planet Snoopy and right on International Street. No sense in tearing down the dark ride I doubt we will see a roller coaster that close to international street. Gut the inside and give us a new theme inside. With guns and characters working at 100% again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Who says that Vekoma is no longer making parts for Invertigo?  Just because Stinger was removed from Dorney doesn`t mean that parts aren`t still being made/available.  

That is what happened with the Vekoma Flying Dutchman at least which was a reason why Firehawk was scrapped. It seems as if Vekoma does not support their older (rarer) ride models like the Flying Dutchman. The Invertigo model is also pretty rare, so it is very possible that Vekoma no longer makes parts for it.

• Like 1

I'm sure Vekoma is willing to supply parts for any of their rides, for the right price. As older installations reach the end of their service lives, it becomes a cost/benefit analysis.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:50 PM, JonahWilliamson said:

To add to this. I do not see Boo Blasters Getting removed. I see it getting re themed as it is in Planet Snoopy and right on International Street. No sense in tearing down the dark ride I doubt we will see a roller coaster that close to international street. Gut the inside and give us a new theme inside. With guns and characters working at 100% again.

An interesting tidbit: if Boo Blasters remains past 2020, it will have beaten Phantom Theater to be the longest lived theme our dark ride building has seen.

• Like 4

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:50 PM, JonahWilliamson said:

Bring back the Phantom!

• Like 6