Removals for 2020

Rivertown Rider

I would LOVE to see Backlot Stunt Coaster be removed. The ride to me has little purpose. Its a quick ride, its theme doesn't really go with the Coney Mall theme, Paramount built the ride, ... thats about it. So, remove BLSC!

21 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

So much could be done with the Boo Blasters building. I wouldn’t mind seeing a highly themed log flume. 

Are you suggesting a Enchanted Voyage styled ride? If you're talking about a log flume, I would suggest resurrecting Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal. As for the Boo Blasters building, I personally think Kings Island NEEDS to have a haunted house. Maybe not specifically Boo Blaster's, but some sort of haunted house (**cough** **cough** mix of Phantom Theater and Boo Blasters **cough** **cough**) 

• Like 4

This is an interesting read from Emotional Rollercoasters on Instagram. They claim that the International Street renovation was only phase one of the redesigned entrance (I don’t recall this, but hey, this person works there). I could see Invertigo leaving and some of its land being taken up by an expanded entrance with new ticket booths and whatnot. This would also go along well with the arrival of the park’s biggest coaster ever. Carowinds did the same thing with Fury 325 even though that ride interacts with the entrance.

• Like 4

On 9/24/2019 at 7:21 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

This is an interesting read from Emotional Rollercoasters on Instagram. They claim that the International Street renovation was only phase one of the redesigned entrance (I don’t recall this, but hey, this person works there). I could see Invertigo leaving and some of its land being taken up by an expanded entrance with new ticket booths and whatnot. This would also go along well with the arrival of the park’s biggest coaster ever. Carowinds did the same thing with Fury 325 even though that ride interacts with the entrance.

Yeah, I think that's interesting and would make sense. I feel like Congo Falls and Invertigo are kind of pushed off in a corner ... they're technically in Action Zone, but they feel kind of out of it. And neither are great rides. Cedar Point really changed its atmosphere with GateKeeper, and I could see Cedar Fair wanting to do the same with Kings Island (although IS is a much more breathtaking entrance to the park than Cedar Point's Midway is, and part of the charm is that there aren't roller coasters bombarding you as soon as you walk in). 

I do think that the main gate needs some renovation. I can't see them going for a full tear-down, because you'd lose A LOT of real estate -- two bathrooms, guest services, several shops. Plus, I feel like they're starting to use the International Restaurant a bit more strategically throughout the year ... I wonder if it's a test to gauge whether there might be an interest for re-opening the restaurant. But I feel like something needs to be done to make the building feel a little less seventies. 

• Like 5

To me, there's too much against Invertigo including the red flag of now using a used train that has a bit of mileage for it not to be a possibility.   Its also out of the way, a model that I imagine Vekoma doesn't do a lot of support for anymore considering its one of only 3 operating, and from what I see each visit, dwindling ridership.   

• Like 5

Here’s my 2 cents.

1 - I don’t see Invertigo going this season, perhaps maybe in the near future. It just got the stinger trains and most likely a lot of other parts  out of stinger. I get people don’t like the ride but it takes up a small footprint and likely doesn’t have a high cost to staff. Will it still be here in 10-15? Probably not, but I just don’t see it leaving this season 

2- I don’t understand why Vortex would be removed any time soon. The ride still has very high ridership but more importantly is the fact that it’s a work horse. There are Arrow loopers far older than Vortex that are still operating and in my opinion Vortex is the best traditional arrow looper. There’s parts still available for it so I’d assume doesn’t have a high maintenance cost. If any Arrow at Kings Island is going to be removed I’d put my money on The Bat.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

After Invertigo I think Vortex

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'd look at other CF arrows and see what happens to them. Vortex is arguably the best looping arrow looper in the chain so it would most likely be the last one to go. I'm sure KI would want to keep it as long as possible.

hmmmm...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Here’s my 2 cents.

1 - I don’t see Invertigo going this season, perhaps maybe in the near future. It just got the stinger trains and most likely a lot of other parts  out of stinger. I get people don’t like the ride but it takes up a small footprint and likely doesn’t have a high cost to staff. Will it still be here in 10-15? Probably not, but I just don’t see it leaving this season 

2- I don’t understand why Vortex would be removed any time soon. The ride still has very high ridership but more importantly is the fact that it’s a work horse. There are Arrow loopers far older than Vortex that are still operating and in my opinion Vortex is the best traditional arrow looper. There’s parts still available for it so I’d assume doesn’t have a high maintenance cost. If any Arrow at Kings Island is going to be removed I’d put my money on The Bat.

This aged like fine wine...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2