Vortex Is Leaving After This Fall Season

THE_BEASTmaster

54 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

No you cannot. Improper use of random characters violates the TOS.

I don’t consider Orion a cheap giga. If we are going to talk about cheap rides, there are so many others to choose from.

Can you or someone please explain why I can't use that term? Seems like an unnecessarily unneeded word to censor. Almost as if I'm forced to talk about something in a positive light even if I don't want to......

I'm late to The Vortex game--

It was my first upside down roller coaster I ever rode when I was like 12. I disliked it so much that I avoided going upside down again because I was so afraid to feel that dizzying sensation again. I didn't ride an upside down coaster again until I was 25. So no, I'm not a fan of Vortex.

And I'm not an expert on Kings Island nor coasters-- but the last few years I've visited (I go about once a year), Vortex was often down for  hours, broken down at the top of the lift hill, or when it was running-- it sounded terrible. 

As a pretty much tourist in the park, I have to say that impressions of Vortex weren't great over the past few years. I am going to miss seeing it in the park though. It was beautiful.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaestroJr said:

I really don’t get why people keep arguing about Orion being a “Giga”. Regardless of its lift hill, it has a 300ft drop which makes it the technical definition of Giga. Arguing about it is irrelevant at this point, as long as the ride is good. It’s like arguing about the grass being green. 

With a little marketing magic, make it what ever you want. RMC toppler track is marketed as a woodie. which it isn’t. Or Fury325 is marketed as a multi world record “fastest and tallest giga coaster” which it’s not.  I’m just a purist and these things bother me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tr0y said:

With a little marketing magic, make it what ever you want. RMC toppler track is marketed as a woodie. which it isn’t. Or Fury325 is marketed as a multi world record “fastest and tallest giga coaster” which it’s not.  I’m just a purist and these things bother me. 

I get ya Troy, I agree, I’m just saying the official definition of a Giga is 300 ft drop or height. So technically, they’re is nothing to argue about bout I do think it’s all about marketing, sure. 

Out of the respect of Kings Island and the massive new coaster that is being added, we feel that using the term Budget and Giga together is very disrespectful. This is most likely the biggest investment that park has ever made.  Just because it does not break new records for a Giga coaster or meet some expectations, does not make it a coaster on a budget. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Out of the respect of Kings Island and the massive new coaster that is being added, we feel that using the term Budget and Giga together is very disrespectful. This is most likely the biggest investment that park has ever made.  Just because it does not break new records for a Giga coaster or meet some expectations, does not make it a coaster on a budget. 

I don't care how tall or is or if the coaster breaks records. If its a fun ride that does not feel like Diamondback 2.0 that is good enough. I will be there pass holder preview day. I bought fastlane again for this. I'll likely break my own record of 15 visits in a year to ride this thing over and over. If only I had a way to ride it media day but I know that a pipe dream that won't happen.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I don't care how tall or is or if the coaster breaks records. If its a fun ride that does not feel like Diamondback 2.0 that is good enough. I will be there pass holder preview day. I bought fastlane again for this. I'll likely break my own record of 15 visits in a year to ride this thing over and over. If only I had a way to ride it media day but I know that a pipe dream that won't happen.

Yup; I think all the crying and complaining over "is it a giga" or "is it not" is silly. I've ridden Magnum, Millennium Force, Diamondback and Top Thrill Dragster -- all different coasters. And you know what? the height makes little difference on the experience to me. I think Mystic Timbers is just as thrilling as Millennium Force, and I think Magnum's airtime is just as much fun as that on Diamondback. Numbers mean little. Just give me a ride I can scream on and smile at, and I'm happy.  

• Like 4

Just now, cdubbs727 said:

Yup; I think all the crying and complaining over "is it a giga" or "is it not" is silly. I've ridden Magnum, Millennium Force, Diamondback and Top Thrill Dragster -- all different coasters. And you know what? the height makes little difference on the experience to me. I think Mystic Timbers is just as thrilling as Millennium Force, and I think Magnum's airtime is just as much fun as that on Diamondback. Numbers mean little. Just give me a ride I can scream on and smile at, and I'm happy.  

That is exactly right and you are forgetting one. If numbers were really that important everybody would hate Maverick.

To be fully honest guys, I don't care about height Orion height. The part of this coaster that annoyed me was length. Undeniably, this Giga is short and has an extremely long break run. I don't think you can argue that... I think we could have done better with Orion honestly, It's just when I see the Layout out of this coaster combined with the length of it, I feel like we could have done better. Orion will be a good coaster and I won't give my final judgment until I ride it. Though, compared to other Gigas, Orion simply looks underwhelming. Maybe budget was too extreme of a term, but every time I look at Orion, It doesn't feel complete. I can't go on and state all the things I feel could have been done better with Orion, but simply I'm not the biggest fan of the layout. The most frustrating part about this is that it feels as if there is no right way to express disappointment in this coaster without someone thinking your unappreciative or a person who only cares about stats. There is a lot more I want to say, but for now I'll leave it at that.....

(sorry I know this is still A Vortex thread)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Xdog42 said:

To be fully honest guys, I don't care about height Orion height. The part of this coaster that annoyed me was length. Undeniably, this Giga is short and has an extremely long break run. I don't think you can argue that... I think we could have done better with Orion honestly, It's just when I see the Layout out of this coaster combined with the length of it, I feel like we could have done better. Orion will be a good coaster and I won't give my final judgment until I ride it. Though, compared to other Gigas, Orion simply looks underwhelming. Maybe budget was too extreme of a term, but every time I look at Orion, It doesn't feel complete. I can't go on and state all the things I feel could have been done better with Orion, but simply I'm not the biggest fan of the layout. The most frustrating part about this is that it feels as if there is no right way to express disappointment in this coaster without someone thinking your unappreciative or a person who only cares about stats. There is a lot more I want to say, but for now I'll leave it at that.....

This threads become so derailed I forgot it was The Vortex thread and thought it was the Orion construction thread...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Xdog42 said:

The simple answer to this is then don't ride it. That's more opportunities for the rest of us.

Rides that are higher and go faster need longer brake runs. There's no argument there, just simple facts.

• Confused 1

That's crazy, it ran like a champ last Saturday. This makes me believe even more they found something wrong with the ride, and that's why they made the decision to retire it. Vortex is very rarely has issues causing it not to open for the day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

RIP Vortex. It was my first experience with a looping coaster, and for a long time it was my favorite roller coaster. But in recent years it was just too painful to go on. The last time I rode on it I was screaming in pain instead of having fun and I decided I wouldn't get on it again. Still sad to see it go though. I still remember when there would be a huge line for it.

• Like 2

But to be fair, we are customers and Kings Island is a business. If customers complain to any business that produces a product that the customers are for any reason not pleased with.... I guess thats just capitalism and an expression of free speech. Though with all due respect, I am super excited for the new coaster it's literally such a huge step up from Diamondback. Also if we want more things to come we have to support Kings Island when they treat us well! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ArrowChainLiftNoiseMakesMeHappy said:

But to be fair, we are customers and Kings Island is a business. If customers complain to any business that produces a product that the customers are for any reason not pleased with.... I guess thats just capitalism and an expression of free speech. Though with all due respect, I am super excited for the new coaster it's literally a such a huge step up from Diamondback. Also if we want more things to come we have to support Kings Island when they treat us well!

Let people talk.  Pretty sure if Kings Island was making Cedar Fair $1 Billion/year we'd get whatever 800-foot-drop-coaster we demanded. Till then...such is life.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ArrowChainLiftNoiseMakesMeHappy said:

But to be fair, we are customers and Kings Island is a business. If customers complain to any business that produces a product that the customers are for any reason not pleased with....

There's a saying, "the customer is always right." That saying is wrong. :P