Vortex Is Leaving After This Fall Season

THE_BEASTmaster

At the risk of being stoned, I won't miss Vortex.  It used to be a nice coaster but the coaster had turned into a head banger and that snap curve into the brake run before the corkscrew was nasty.  There was a reason why the coaster was usually a walk-on.  Also, the lift hill seemed tall but the first drop seemed far less than 138 feet.  I wouldn't complain if they put in a launched multi-looper but do hope that they have a lift hill design.  Maybe talk to RMC about a T-Rex to get the single rail with capacity.  I rode it in 1987 and I rode it last year and it was showing its age.  Or I was.  Or both of us were.

8 minutes ago, Skibum said:

At the risk of being stoned, I won't miss Vortex.  It used to be a nice coaster but the coaster had turned into a head banger and that snap curve into the brake run before the corkscrew was nasty.  There was a reason why the coaster was usually a walk-on.  Also, the lift hill seemed tall but the first drop seemed far less than 138 feet.  I wouldn't complain if they put in a launched multi-looper but do hope that they have a lift hill design.  Maybe talk to RMC about a T-Rex to get the single rail with capacity.  I rode it in 1987 and I rode it last year and it was showing its age.  Or I was.  Or both of us were.

You can’t say a large wooden fence looks any better though. Also, Vortex’s first drop in the back row was easily the best first drop in the park in my opinion. In terms of replacement, I would be fine with any good-looking coaster that has plenty of inversions like a Mack Multi/launch, Intamin Blitz, or a B&M Floorless. Also, I have heard that RMC has shelved the T-Rex design for the foreseeable future, so I would rule that one out completely.

Also, for those of you that have been to the park for training and have had the opportunity to walk past Vortex’s old location, how did it feel in that area of the park without Vortex?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

You can’t say a large wooden fence looks any better though. Also, Vortex’s first drop in the back row was easily the best first drop in the park in my opinion. In terms of replacement, I would be fine with any good-looking coaster that has plenty of inversions like a Mack Multi/launch, Intamin Blitz, or a B&M Floorless. Also, I have heard that RMC has shelved the T-Rex design for the foreseeable future, so I would rule that one out completely.

Also, for those of you that have been to the park for training and have had the opportunity to walk past Vortex’s old location, how did it feel in that area of the park without Vortex?

Well, a fence never tried to beat the daylights out of me from my recall.  Regarding the fence's look, I guess it depends on what they build behind the fence.  I would definitely appreciate an offering from Mack (ex. Blue Fire) or an Intamin Blitz/Megalite.  

21 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree! Best first drop in the park. RCT test results know watsup! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gabe said:

Given the drop in revenue due to COVID-19, I'd speculate that once the fence is up, we'll be looking at it for quite a while.

I agree as well but you never know. I'm not sure what Cedar Fairs cash reserves are. I also think the park is thinking of new ways to generate cash flow once the park returns to normal. Maybe an extended operating season. 

I think an increase in season pass cost and add-ons will be coming. The cost of missing a season will be passed on to the consumer at some point.