Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

28 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

wooden based

Ok ok, now how about an Iron horse with steel scaffolding like Invadr at BGW. I’m hoping that what ever they build doesn’t result in them removing all the trees around Vortex (Particularly the ones by that weird turn thing after the first drop).

• Like 1

I’ve seen a few people talking about getting a RMC Raptor. They do look to be a fun ride, but they are not people eaters. They’ll need a coaster that moves patrons quick through the line. Back when Vortex opened the line stretched way out from the station but still moved fairly well.  If they reuse the station (which I hope and pray they do) they’ll need something with at least three trains with higher capacity.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

wooden based

I've been on both a "wooden" and a hybrid RMC. There is no difference in feel whatsoever. What RMC markets as their "wooden coaster" is closer in feel and smoothness to Adventure Expess than Beast or Racer. RMC uses a steel track bolted to a wooden structure for complete smoothness.

If they do go with RMC they might as well go with the iron horse track so they can make it have several inversions.

• Like 4

Personally, i'm not sure if The Bat/Vortex station is going to be reused again. The reason I say this is because I do think Cedar Fair would want to have a larger queue if we were to get a new coaster in that land. The current queue area for Vortex is very short compared to other major coasters in the park and I just don't see much land that can be used to expand the current queue without going into the valley or blocking the brake run/transfer track area. I think what will happen is that we will see a new station built farther away from the pathway and a new queue going where the current Vortex station is.

• Like 1

Oh boy, I'm gonna get trashed for this.....

I can see Wicked Twister taking up some of the land freed up by Vortex. Why? Cedar Point has been rumored to be removing WT for a while, and moving it onto The Vortex land would allow them to showcase a new addition while still having enough room for another coaster down the line. Invertigo has been rumored to be on the chopping block for a while now as well. A couple of flats (I'm thinking a clone of Lumberjack from Canada's Wonderland and a unique flat ride of some sorts), Wicked Twister, a restaurant, and (later down the line) a Mack multi-launch would be a perfect use of space.

• Like 2

Just now, LintemuthStudios said:

Oh boy, I'm gonna get trashed for this.....

I can see Wicked Twister taking up some of the land freed up by Vortex. Why? Cedar Point has been rumored to be removing WT for a while, and moving it onto The Vortex land would allow them to showcase a new addition while still having enough room for another coaster down the line. Invertigo has been rumored to be on the chopping block for a while now as well. A couple of flats (I'm thinking a clone of Lumberjack from Canada's Wonderland and a unique flat ride of some sorts), Wicked Twister, a restaurant, and (later down the line) a Mack multi-launch would be a perfect use of space.

I don't see Wicked Twister coming to KI. In fact, if CP removes it, they'll probably scrap it. CF hasn't really relocated coasters that much since the Kinzel era. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Call me dumb but I would prefer not to have another wooden based coaster next to The Beast and Mystic Timbers

I see your point, but look at it from this angle. KI could market that section of the park as the Wood coaster capitol of the world. (In 2023 Challenge the legendary Beast, ride the Mysterious Mystic Timbers, and if you dare test your courage and take on the wood coaster with the most inversions, fastest speeds, and monumental heights. Insert name of coaster here) Just a thought.

By the way a RMC wood coaster like Wild Fire would be my 1st choice. 2nd would be a Mack multi launch way more like Helix than Copperhead Strike.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The person who overlaid Steel Vengeance onto The Vortex plot of land, could you do the same with an overhead of Valravn? I want to see how it looks. Thanks. 

I'm not the person who overlaid Steel Vengeance, but I overlaid X2 earlier.

valravn.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

What about an RMC T-Rex? They're going into production soon.

Who says they are?? I heard a model in between the raptor and Trex was going to be built. Now whatever that means we do not know. Will it be two seats or one like the raptor we will see. 

I think they talked up the Trex too much and now realize it does not make sense to build a Trex shorter than 300 feet. So now they are trying to accommodate parks that want a single rail style ride that can handle high capacity crowds but not be a gigantic 500 foot coaster. So coming soon will be the raptor XL or the mini Trex take your pick. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hueney020 said:

Who says they are?? I heard a model in between the raptor and Trex was going to be built. Now whatever that means we do not know. Will it be two seats or one like the raptor we will see. 

I think they talked up the Trex too much and now realize it does not make sense to build a Trex shorter than 300 feet. So now they are trying to accommodate parks that want a single rail style ride that can handle high capacity crowds but not be a gigantic 500 foot coaster. So coming soon will be the raptor XL or the mini Trex take your pick. 

We already know what that's going to be, it's the new Jersey Devil Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure (it has 12 single rows instead of 8 like the normal Raptors). And they're going to build a T-Rex under 200 feet before they go higher.

• Like 2

I know someone said back that Cedar Fair doesn’t want to spend the capital on coasters like they used too. I was at the park Sunday thinking if Vortex was at the end of its life Flight Deck and Adventure Express aren’t far behind.  In all honesty Invertago should go too. There are a lot of coasters that could be considered for removal and I personally see a lot of changes for KI more quickly rather than more slowly. Not to mention the water park and kids area both could use an update. The park seems to have gotten old really fast. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

Or they could call it the RMC Apato

2 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I know someone said back that Cedar Fair doesn’t want to spend the capital on coasters like they used too. I was at the park Sunday thinking if Vortex was at the end of its life Flight Deck and Adventure Express aren’t far behind.  In all honesty Invertago should go too. There are a lot of coasters that could be considered for removal and I personally see a lot of changes for KI more quickly rather than more slowly. Not to mention the water park and kids area both could use an update. The park seems to have gotten old really fast. 

Yeah, no. They're not going to remove that many coasters in a short time frame. It seems to be a 'Soul for a soul' kind of situation. We lost Son of Beast, Vortex, and Firehawk, and in return we gained Banshee, Mystic Timbers, and Orion. Next one to fall will probably be Invertigo or Bat, demolished shortly before/after whatever goes on The Vortex land opens. And Adventure Express is another park classic, I doubt it goes anywhere any time soon.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

We already know what that's going to be, it's the new Jersey Devil Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure (it has 12 single rows instead of 8 like the normal Raptors). And they're going to build a T-Rex under 200 feet before they go higher.

That is not the case though. They already said the raptor models can go up to 200 feet so there is no reason for the Trex. All they did with The trains was add some cars and the coaster layout accommodates the longer trains. like I said I think they over hyped the Trex model. 

Unfortunately, I don’t see King’s  Island going over 14 coasters just from a cost stand point with labor. So I do agree with taking one out while adding a new coaster. Just sucks that we had 2 coasters leave while only 1 is going in.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hueney020 said:

That is not the case though. They already said the raptor models can go up to 200 feet so there is no reason for the Trex. All they did with The trains was add some cars and the coaster layout accommodates the longer trains. like I said I think they over hyped the Trex model. 

Unfortunately, I don’t see King’s  Island going over 14 coasters just from a cost stand point with labor. So I do agree with taking one out while adding a new coaster. Just sucks that we had 2 coasters leave while only 1 is going in.  

Just because Raptors can go up to 200 hundred feet doesn't mean that T-Rex's can't go below 200. The only difference between the two types is one has two seats a row (or more) and the Raptor only has one.

Also, don't forget that we just got Mystic Timbers. So technically, two coasters in, two coasters out. Makes sense.

• Like 3