Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

17 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I saw this and kind of laughed. This would be cool all right, but in reality, it was probably just a couple of employees messing around. Another example of employees trolling enthusiasts was when someone placed the old wood by the Son of Beast gravestone in the midst of all of the Son of Beast RMC rumors.

But an employee wrote 2020 giga in the snow and guess what.... it happened. Not saying you are wrong but its a possibility 

• Like 3

I haven't read this entire discussion, but I do want to give my input. I don't think they will be putting a coaster there. I think they will put a plaza with more flat rides and dining options. A coaster would be hard for them to afford after Orion, and it would likely interfere with the woodlands of The Beast. I don't think they will put another smaller coaster there, either. Back to my plaza point, I think that the Antique Autos mark a new set of flat rides coming. We haven't seen flat rides in a while. They might retheme the area around Vortex. Who knows, that's just my idea.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 6:33 AM, Nutterie said:

I don't think they will be putting a coaster there. 

Oh, they are sooo gonna put a coaster there! A big, photogenic one, too!

21 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

With signs being a multi-inverting coaster, what elements are you all looking for?

I don't even know, but I hope they surprise us. There's so many ways they could go with that space.

• Like 4

On 10/6/2019 at 9:40 PM, Rivertown Rider said:

One thing that is going to be difficult when they demolish Vortex is going to be trying to keep all of the trees that have grown up around it over the years.  Unfortunately, I see most of those disappearing because it would be too hard to work around them.

That seems to be the direction the park has went.  Cut down trees instead of working around them (the land clearing for Diamondback and Orion instead of building the coaster through the trees like The Beast).  Also the tree removal around The Beast the last couple years ( around the station, between the first tunnel and the brake run, and between the brake run and the long 2nd tunnel).

Any bad tree is now cut down and not replaced with the exception of the new trees on I-Street.    Overall, the park is VERY hot when the weather is hot, as there is little shade now on the walkways.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, super7 said:

That seems to be the direction the park has went.  Cut down trees instead of working around them (the land clearing for Diamondback and Orion instead of building the coaster through the trees like The Beast).  Also the tree removal around The Beast the last couple years ( around the station, between the first tunnel and the brake run, and between the brake run and the long 2nd tunnel).

Any bad tree is now cut down and not replaced with the exception of the new trees on I-Street.    Overall, the park is VERY hot when the weather is hot, as there is little shade now on the walkways.

The emerald ash borer has a lot to do with the tree removals you see around the park.  

• Like 1

I know at Cedar Point, they were going to build a monster record-breaking 200 foot B&M floorless coaster, but they went with Maverick instead. This means that B&M is capable of exceeding 200 feet on a floorless coaster, and they could make something record-breaking for Kings Island. B&M could also maybe go for the North America inversion record with ten inversions or even incorporate a launch. I, personally see a record-breaking ten inversion B&M floorless coaster as a good replacement for Vortex and a good way to market the ride to the general public.

Source: https://www.coaster101.com/2019/06/27/7-things-i-learned-about-cedar-point-from-john-hildebtandts-book/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I don’t know if you all thought about this, but maybe they can add something like a vekoma shockwave.

I want to believe  Vekoma is a better company than it use to be. They have done some great things across the world and I would love to see something totally different installed at KI. If we had to get another B&M as our next coaster then a floorless would be my choice. 

I agree with others on that a wing coaster is not in the cards for KI right now with Cedar Point and holiday world so close. As far as a dive coaster I am not really a fan of the B&M dives. I want something more intense than that. Kings Island going forward needs to focus on variety from a roller coaster stand point we all know KI needs more intense flat rides. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm a little concerned on the new vekomas. Mainly because of the older vekomas. But they do look better than the old ones. I hope they are smooth though.

Have you seen the reviews for lech coaster? There is no way they won’t be smooth. I could be wrong, but I think an elite launch coaster with lots of inversions like the new vekomas would be a great fit for KI.

11 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I know at Cedar Point, they were going to build a monster record-breaking 200 foot B&M floorless coaster, but they went with Maverick instead. This means that B&M is capable of exceeding 200 feet on a floorless coaster, and they could make something record-breaking for Kings Island. B&M could also maybe go for the North America inversion record with ten inversions or even incorporate a launch. I, personally see a record-breaking ten inversion B&M floorless coaster as a good replacement for Vortex and a good way to market the ride to the general public.

Source: https://www.coaster101.com/2019/06/27/7-things-i-learned-about-cedar-point-from-john-hildebtandts-book/

I think this would be ungodly expensive.  haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I made a little thing here if we were to get one of the newer Intamin launch coasters.

I give you Equinox!

Beyond vertical drop with 7 inversions.

Launch into double vert loops and half way up top hat  and then backward up the spike and through the loop  and over the top hat. A boy can wish this would make it way to the park.

Used the same station as Vortex but reversed.

Enjoy!

Equinox.png

• Like 7

Here is my top 3 models of what I would want to see replace Vortex, whenever it may be.

3.     Though I do not want this this to happen, A B&M dive fits really well here. When I first heard about the removal of Vortex, my mind immediately went to a Dive like Yukon Striker at CW. Not only would this fill the land that Vortex occupies, it would work really well on Vortex's rough terrain.

2.     Intiman launched. Something like a blitz like Maverick or Taron would fit well here and would give Kings Island something they really don't have. Also, one of Intiman's new launched coasters wold be really cool.

1.     RMC. Whether it be a woodie or steel/hybrid, I would love to see something so picturesque and eye catching, take up the most prime land in the park. Extra points if it has a launched lift-hill like Lightning Rod, my #1.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

What if we got something like Der Schwur des Karnan? It wouldn't have a ton of inversions, but the special elements would more than make up for that. Plus, they could theme the tower really well and it'd stand out against the skyline.

EDIT: Can someone overlay Karnan onto The Vortex plot?

Karnan.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1