Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

14 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I did a couple more. One with HangTime and one with Valravn.

Screenshot_20200517-003004.png

Screenshot_20200517-003010.png

I like these, but how accurate are they? Hangtime is way smaller than Steel Vengeance in terms of area, but in your cutouts, they both perfectly fit the Vortex area. You can’t shrink or enlarge aerial views of other coasters, so they perfectly fit Vortex plot. In order to make an accurate one of these, you would need to make sure the scaling is spot on. I could copy The Beast and shrink it to fit Vortex’s plot, but in real life, it wouldn’t fit. I do appreciate these cutouts of yours however, and I can’t say I have done anything better, but I just wish they were a little more accurate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like these, but how accurate are they? Hangtime is way smaller than Steel Vengeance in terms of area, but in your cutouts, they both perfectly fit the Vortex area. You can’t shrink or enlarge aerial views of other coasters, so they perfectly fit Vortex plot. In order to make an accurate one of these, you would need to make sure the scaling in spot on. I could copy The Beast and shrink it to fit Vortex’s plot, but in real life, it wouldn’t fit. I do appreciate these cutouts of yours however, and I can’t say I have done anything better, but I just wish they were a little more accurate.

i was literally just about to say something like that... yeah no Steel Vengeance would not fit in Vortex’s plot of land.. Vortex’s plot is not big enough for Steel Vengeance...
  • Like 1

Its not accurate. When you're on Google Maps, Bing, or whatever you have to take a screen shot of the plot of land then screenshot the desired coaster from the same distance. The pictures above look like they were zoomed to take up space. There's no way Hangtime is that big.

I took Dominator from KD and moved it to fill Vortex's space. I didn't zoom the coaster to fill the space but rather kept it its actual size and didn't try to fill the untouched land. It may look slightly off because of the angle of the coaster doesn't match up with the angle of the other rides. Not trying to sound narcissistic but the picture below is more accurate in terms of size. 

@TOPGUN1993 used to post really good swap pics if I recall.

edit_final.png

• Like 4

11yos idea for replacing Vortex "at least 10 inversions, 400ft drop with a waterfall behind it and a tunnel that goes under a pond" :blink::lol: Glad she still has imagination.

Even if they choose to not have a coaster with inversions there are still flat rides that could make up for that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think an S&S coaster like Steel Curtain would look nice. I'd want it to be more drawn out though and not as compact so it wouldn't look just like the Steel Curtain but still have about the same amount of inversions (maybe more).

I’ve played around with that and gotten 13 inversions in that space.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

I’ve played around with that and gotten 13 inversions in that space.

I don't know if Cedar Fair would bless us with more than 8 inversions on a coaster but it would be nice if it ever happened.

If we got at least 10 then we'd beat Steel Curtain's record and gain back a majority of the inversions we've lost these past few years

• Like 2

I saw a thread about that stupid American Dream mall in NYC earlier on Reddit, and it got me thinking. If the place does go out of business (which, let's be honest, it probably will) what if Cedar Fair snatched up the Takabisha clone and the Gestlauer spinning coaster and put them here? I know it's not the best option, but it's still two coasters (including the worlds steepest coaster) and they would be a hell of a lot cheaper than anything else they can build right now.

EDIT: FAIR, NOT POINT.

I saw a thread about that stupid American Dream mall in NYC earlier on Reddit, and it got me thinking. If the place does go out of business (which, let's be honest, it probably will) what if Cedar Fair snatched up the Takabisha clone and the Gestlauer spinning coaster and put them here? I know it's not the best option, but it's still two coasters (including the worlds steepest coaster) and they would be a hell of a lot cheaper than anything else they can build right now.

EDIT: FAIR, NOT POINT.

man that’s gonna suck if they go out of business after just opening...

On 5/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, Marc3E said:

Man that’s gonna suck if they go out of business after just opening...

Who? Cedar Fair? I doubt they'll go out of business. I've heard worst case scenario, Cedar Fair will just make a lot of budget cuts like they did this year for next year as well. We might just have a year one year where the parks just say nothing is coming, but enjoy your day here.

6 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Who? Cedar Fair? I doubt they'll go out of business. I've heard worst case scenario, Cedar Fair will just make a lot of budget cuts like they did this year for next year as well. We might just have a year one year where the parks just say nothing is coming, but enjoy your day here.

Read the post he was replying to - it was in reference to American Dream Mall...

no, american dream mall
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Is that a batwing, cobra roll, sea serpent roll and a cutback? Delicious. 

Yeah I tried to design it with Vortex's footprint in mind. Its my take on a dive machine with more inversions similar to a traditional looper. The elements had to be drawn out to lengthen the ride time and lessen the intensity. I made this one to be around 210ft tall but I believe if we ever got anything like this it would either be 200ft tall and have a 200ft drop or be something like 190ft with a 210ft drop; its Planet Coaster so its not too elaborate.

The batwing would go where in the area between Vortex's double loops once stood if you're looking for a reference. I exaggerated with the cutback and should've went with a helix. 

• Like 2

I think a nice sized dive coaster would be an excellent addition to The Vortex plot.  Slightly unpopular opinion.....it doesn't need to break any records.  Just create a fun, exciting and unique layout that is visually appealing from the midway like Vortex was and it exciting to ride and I would love it.  I know the enthusiast population will scream if it's not at least "X" feet tall with "X" specific elements.....but I think a dive would fit it really well in that corner of the park.

SonofBaconator.....I really like your layout idea.  Has B&M done a cobra roll on a dive yet?  I feel like that would be a lot of fun.  

• Like 1

i really just don’t feel like we’re gonna get a dive at Kings Island and certainly not in Vortex’s plot... We already have a five at Cedar Point... and before anyone says anything about Banshee and Raptor, Banshee and Raptor are totally different styles of inverts... Raptor is from the 90’s and Banshee is 2010’s... with vest restraints... a lot of Dives tend to be pretty similar rides and it would be too little time in between valravn and whatever this is, and GP is just gonna be like “they just copied Cedar Point” which hurts attendance... so my theory, they’re never gonna get a Dive unless B&M changes it up a lot somehow...

• Like 2