Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

27 minutes ago, Marc3E said:

i really just don’t feel like we’re gonna get a dive at Kings Island and certainly not in Vortex’s plot... We already have a five at Cedar Point... and before anyone says anything about Banshee and Raptor, Banshee and Raptor are totally different styles of inverts... Raptor is from the 90’s and Banshee is 2010’s... with vest restraints... a lot of Dives tend to be pretty similar rides and it would be too little time in between valravn and whatever this is, and GP is just gonna be like “they just copied Cedar Point” which hurts attendance... so my theory, they’re never gonna get a Dive unless B&M changes it up a lot somehow...

There is logic to your statement and I agree a dive wouldn't be my personal go-to coaster for that plot of land, I just created it for fun!

I don't think the GP really nitpick about coasters as much as the enthusiasts do though. 

I think you'll start to see variations of dives pop up around North America (personally I think there's not enough of them over here). I think if we ever got a dive it would focus more on theming and quality more than stats. I'd be interested in seeing B&M make something like a higher capacity Euro-fighter that focuses more on inversions rather than height

• Like 3

There is logic to your statement and I agree a dive wouldn't be my personal go-to coaster for that plot of land, I just created it for fun!
I don't think the GP really nitpick about coasters as much as the enthusiasts do though. 
I think you'll start to see variations of dives pop up around North America (personally I think there's not enough of them over here). I think if we ever got a dive it would focus more on theming and quality more than stats. I'd be interested in seeing B&M make something like a higher capacity Euro-fighter that focuses more on inversions rather than height

i’d like to see an intamin launch there but sadly we know that ain’t gonna happen...

I thought of a perfect way to keep the old station for the next coaster and be able to make it so the lines aren’t overflowing into the midway. If you didn’t know under The Vortex station, there is an old switchback (not sure if they are still there) that was used for The Bat. I found this out when my dad told me about it when he rode it when it was open. He said that rarely, if ever, spilled in the midway. What they could do is bring the underground switchbacks back (I’ve heard that it was used as a break area) and put a coaster in it. My guess is either a surf coaster (I’m guessing it will be a stand up esque ride but more in a jet ski seating) or a Mack multilaunch ala Copperhead on steroids. Do I think this will happen? Jokes over. Do I think they will keep the old station. Probably not. I think they’ll keep it for a haunt building until a new coaster is under construction 

7 minutes ago, ThrillKingsOryan said:

I thought of a perfect way to keep the old station for the next coaster and be able to make it so the lines aren’t overflowing into the midway. If you didn’t know under The Vortex station, there is an old switchback (not sure if they are still there) that was used for The Bat. I found this out when my dad told me about it when he rode it when it was open. He said that rarely, if ever, spilled in the midway. What they could do is bring the underground switchbacks back (I’ve heard that it was used as a break area) and put a coaster in it. My guess is either a surf coaster (I’m guessing it will be a stand up esque ride but more in a jet ski seating) or a Mack multilaunch ala Copperhead on steroids. Do I think this will happen? Jokes over. Do I think they will keep the old station. Probably not. I think they’ll keep it for a haunt building until a new coaster is under construction 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the station’s already been demolished.

On 6/1/2020 at 7:19 PM, SonofBaconator said:

What's a GP?

Just now, dbackdreams said:

Thanks that makes alot of sense.  but what does it matter if its a GP or somebody like me who dreams of Diamondack.  Oh yeah, I miss Vortes too!!!

Since GP don't know as much about roller coasters and their stats, they may have very different opinions on things, like a new addition. While roller coaster enthusiasts may pick out small details about a coaster and discuss them, a GP may just view it a another roller coaster in the park. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Since GP don't know as much about roller coasters and their stats, they may have very different opinions on things, like a new addition. While roller coaster enthusiasts may pick out small details about a coaster and discuss them, a GP may just view it a another roller coaster in the park. 

That makes perfect sense.  My friends make fun of me because i know everything about Diamondback the fastest tallest meanest coaster ever to hit Kings Island.  Like how fast it goes down that hill.  And how you can come out of your seat at the top of them hills and almost go upside down back in the back.  My favorite seat is in the the middle because its the least scary.  I wish I could ride in the front or back car ive heard they are better.

• Like 1

I think a MACK Rides Xtreme Spinning Coaster would be a perfect fit at Kings Island. It would make up for the inversions lost with Vortex and Firehawk, and it would be different enough from Backlot Stunt Coaster and Flight of Fear with its spinning trains. I also think it would look GREAT in Vortex’s plot of land. Something like this one going to Plopsaland would be nice in my opinion.

• Like 2

Here's something I thought of. If CF were to work with Intamin again (Ik it's unlikely) I would like to see them add something similar to that Jurassic Park coaster going to Universal Orlando. With what has already been constructed there, it looks like it'll be a great ride. I think something like that in The Vortex plot would be nice!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's something I thought of. If CF were to work with Intamin again (Ik it's unlikely) I would like to see them add something similar to that Jurassic Park coaster going to Universal Orlando. With what has already been constructed there, it looks like it'll be a great ride. I think something like that in The Vortex plot would be nice!

It would be a fantastic thing to build. A new age intamin would have a nice seat in the park lineup. Sadly, unless the velocicoaster goes exceptional, I doubt it’ll be coming any time soon. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I think a MACK Rides Xtreme Spinning Coaster would be a perfect fit at Kings Island. It would make up for the inversions lost with Vortex and Firehawk, and it would be different enough from Backlot Stunt Coaster and Flight of Fear with its spinning trains. I also think it would look GREAT in Vortex’s plot of land. Something like this one going to Plopsaland would be nice in my opinion.

yuuuuuuucccckkkkie!!!!  i wuold vomet all over the place.  nooooooooooo

• Haha 1

I would like to see an Intamin Blitz, like Taron, or a Megalite in Vortex's plot.  My big thing is that I don't want them to go for the inversion record.  Vortex was okay but it just wasn't very imaginative.  Banshee's inversions feed into each other and also utilizes the uneven terrain to really give the coaster a speed burst after the first heartline roll.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 3:35 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Doesn't have anything to do with Vortex, but someone made this neat from gate upgrade concept with a b&m flyer. 

Here's the video: 

Here's the front gate upgrade drawing:

Why do I have a feeling this would mean the demise of Invertigo and/or Congo River Falls?  Pass on removing more roller coasters.

37 minutes ago, hotrodyoda said:

Why do I have a feeling this would mean the demise of Invertigo and/or Congo River Falls?  Pass on removing more roller coasters.

Because it would mean the demise of both. I understand that we don't want more coasters removed, but from a business standpoint, it'll make sense to remove rides that aren't popular and/or are costly to keep running. Also, with the amount of money CF will likely be losing this year, I expect multiple rides chainwide to bite the dust here eventually. 

What if they filled in the whole Vortex plot with water. Make up for all the water that rivertown has lost over the years. And it would be pretty from the Coney Island side too. Put a flat where Vortex’s station was (s&S power swing over the water’s edge). And the water would butt up against The Beast lift hill turn-around and bring back some of the vibe from it’s original over-water construction. Eventually use the rivertown arcade or a new rivertown building next to the Larosas as the station house for a big RMC topper track woodie around the perimeter and over the water with a finale batwing where Vortex’s old batwing was, diving under the water.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hotrodyoda said:

I think Invertigo's years are numbered personally. Its life might've gotten extended with Stinger's parts but I don't see it lasting past the decade. 

I also believe another Paramount built coaster will be on its way out within the decade but I'll leave that for another time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I think Invertigo's years are numbered personally. Its life might've gotten extended with Stinger's parts but I don't see it lasting past the decade. 

I also believe another Paramount built coaster will be on its way out within the decade but I'll leave that for another time.

I thought Surf Dog will be around for years.  It's a good coaster and will probably be an ACE coaster classic.

• Like 1