Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

On 7/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, coaster sally said:

"Kentucky Kingdom has a couple dope coasters".  There, fixed it.

I'd say they have 4 dope coasters.  Lightning Run is outstanding, Thunder Run is just plain fun and the airtime is amazing.  Storm Chaser, well what can I say about it but Oh Wow.  KY Flyer packs a wallop and is fun.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 3:01 PM, coaster sally said:

KI needs to be on their toes.  KK will be only the second park to have a pair of RMC's....

Two RMC's don't make one park better than another. Two RMCs certainly improve a park's line-up but KI is still the superior park. I've talked about KI not underestimating KK and from what @BeeastFarmer has convinced me, they seem pretty responsive to what other competing parks are doing

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dbackdreams said:

Is that what going to vortes land RMC that awesome I can't wait I bet spooky like the bast is

I think they are talking about Kentucky Kingdom, not Kings Island.

6 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Two RMC's don't make one park better than another. Two RMCs certainly improve a park's line-up but KI is still the superior park. I've talked about KI not underestimating KK and from what @BeeastFarmer has convinced me, they seem pretty responsive to what other competing parks are doing

It's like comparing Cedar Point to Kings Dominion.  Both are great parks, but are too different to compare item for item.  KI has definitely taken notice of KK though.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 8:33 PM, FOFirehawkFAN said:

Kings Island is the biggest park without a modern entry plaza, I would love to see them do a B&M flyer worked into a new entry plaza like Fury 325 at Carowinds or GateKeeper at Cedar Point.  Fly right by the guests entering like Manta at Sea World.

As far as what should go in Vortex's old space I would love to see something similar to Mystery Mine at Dollywood, we need a good themed indoor/outdoor coaster that is just plain fun.

Just my opinion. While I’m all for updating the entry area I think a coaster would ruin the I street area. I’m fine with a new coaster that’s runs in the area of Invertigo but anything over the entrance would be too much for Kings Island tbh. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

Just my opinion. While I’m all for updating the entry area I think a coaster would ruin the I street area. I’m fine with a new coaster that’s runs in the area of Invertigo but anything over the entrance would be too much for Kings Island tbh. 

I feel the same way. It would take away from the Eiffel Tower in my opinion.

• Like 7

In the last few days there has been more work being done at The Vortex site. There has been a significant amount of soil moved around within the site (even though all footers are removed).

Furthermore the site doesn’t match the recent CF trends to fill in the sites of prior rides.

It looks more like a grading project is going on rather than a fill project, creating a flat plot of land for future projects.

Vortex:009A8EC1-011F-465B-9B4C-50E121778500.jpeg

3D910431-0006-43C1-BC8E-51C1F4624DD7.jpeg

Stinger:

Volcano: 

While it seems like expansion is far off, the fact they’re not filling the site is peculiar. Thoughts?

• Like 2

They probably want to have the site prepped for future expansion whenever they finally decide to give the green light. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they plant grass here for the time being seeing that a replacement seems pretty far off. One thing is for sure, the plot will certainly look empty no matter how much they try to hide it.

• Like 2

Given the current economic climate, and the fact that several of Cedar Fair`s parks remain closed, I would not look for them to be expanding/building anything for right now.  The chain is trying to conserve cash right now, not spending it.  Especially since KI just opened Orion.  There will likely not be any additions for next year, especially since we just got Orion this year.  I would NOT check the Mason permit office.  As others have said, they are likely just finishing up removing the last of Vortex`s footings and grading the site for eventual seeding for grass.

• Like 4