Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

2 hours ago, dbackdreams said:

Thanks my dude!!!!  But this roller caster looks boooooorrrrriiiiinnnnnnggggg.  Dad said we may go to bush garden if this stupid virsu ever goes away.  

I think it is so cool that an old president of the county of the united states opened up his own theme park. Was it the dad president or the son president???

Busch Gardens is actually named after the Busch family who own the company that manufactures Budwiser beer(Anheuser Busch). The park in Tampa opened as a bird and beer garden before amusement park rides were added. The park in Willisburg was built later. It is themed to a trip around the world instead of focusing on having animals. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, DiamondBeast said:

Busch Gardens is actually named after the Busch family who own the company that manufactures Budwiser beer(Anheuser Busch). The park in Tampa opened as a bird and beer garden before amusement park rides were added. The park in Willisburg was built later. It is themed to a trip around the world instead of focusing on having animals. 

They could still benefit from a Jeb themed turtle exhibit.

• Like 3

And speaking of which, Pantheon looks like a great coaster, but I don't think that amount of land where Vortex sat is enough room in that area. You're more likely able to put in a ground up rmc the size of Twisted Timbers in that plot of land. I still believe that's what we'll get there in a couple years. Kings Island will have to have a bounce back year next year though.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 12:08 PM, DiamondBeast said:

Yuck!!!! Beer is gross and nasty and makes people drunk and I don't want it!!!!! If people drunk to much that may get the stupid virus. 

On 9/6/2020 at 11:08 AM, SOBwasaSOB said:

I don't think you are going to like the answer to this question....lol

You was right I don't like that answer gross and if they make try drink beer I'm just a kid 

18 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Stay away from the stuff, junior. Plus, you should also work on that sentence structure.

I am because that stuff gross. I working on my writing but it is hard. My brain think backward like I see what I want to say but it hard to write it out. I hope it get better as I get older my teacher said she see better stuff.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

I am because that stuff gross. I working on my writing but it is hard. My brain think backward like I see what I want to say but it hard to write it out. I hope it get better as I get older my teacher said she see beter stuff.

No worries, you get your point across.  Keep listening to your teacher and I am sure you will continue to grow and learn.  As for the beer, leave it to us heathens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SOBwasaSOB said:

No worries, you get your point across.  Keep listening to your teacher and I am sure you will continue to grow and learn.  As for the beer, leave it to us heathens.

Sob man did I just cuss lololol!!!!!  I'm glad you understand me because I know it hard. One day I get better and right better. But thank you are nice and awesome but be careful with the gross beer 

• Like 2

On 9/5/2020 at 4:37 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The reason it isn't likely to happen at KI is Cedar Fair's relationship with intamin.

There have been a handful of individuals who think KI should get an Intamin. Not trying to sound rude to those who want one but I'd like to see them intellectually and logically explain why Cedar Fair would buy from Intamin again taking into account the broken relationship they have with them, the reliability issues, and the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on repairs and maintenance.

41 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

There have been a handful of individuals who think KI should get an Intamin. Not trying to sound rude to those who want one but I'd like to see them intellectually and logically explain why Cedar Fair would buy from Intamin again taking into account the broken relationship they have with them, the reliability issues, and the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on repairs and maintenance.

The biggest reason I could think of is to get a hot product. If Cedar Fair deemed the risk acceptable then I could see it happening. Especially if other installations show better reliability. I don't think this will happen but it's far from impossible. Cedar Fair has shown their relationship to be cordial in the past at least to the public.

• Like 1

Now that I've had a good look at the area, I'm ruling out a launch coaster that'll go above 70+ mph (one of my hopes) unless they go the S&S route with some sort of ultra fast acceleration (also knowing how long a launch track coasters like Storm Runner take to get to 70 mph).  

Also, unless its a dive coaster (I don't want a B&M period, but its still a possibility) or a Gerstlauer with a vertical lift, I'd rule out something there going for the 200 ft mark.  Vortex was only 148 ft (granted, it had a pretty shallow lift hill compared to modern lifts). 

• Like 1

You know, for as much as I would hate to say it, I think a RMC ground up hybrid would make for the perfect compliment in that area of the park. You have the terrain, you have the space, you have the capacity to maybe even make a true Son of Beast (If the park would even dare touch that IP anymore) right next to the original. Maybe even have some interactivity with The Beast and make it work around the area. I'll admit, the ride would probably be cramped and there is probably better areas in the park that elude me now that would be a better fit. However, I think it would be a good way to maybe integrate the two areas of the park with classic Coney getting a new icon coaster. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^RMC can do a-plenty with that space.  You could put a 170 ft RMC Topper Track there easily with some good length. 

Zadra cost Energylandia $16,404,915.90 which is pretty darn affordable for the ride it puts out.

I daresay if KI payed RMC that same amount for something similar to Zadra, they'd be able to get more out of it since Zadra's cost probably had shipping and all that extra contracting factored in.

I hope the CF not having a good relationship with RMC thing is just a rumor because I'd kill for something like Zadra.

I'm wondering if KI would never opt for something like that though because GP would immediately think its like Son if Beast

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I daresay if KI payed RMC that same amount for something similar to Zadra, they'd be able to get more out of it sice Zadra's cost probably had shipping and all that extra contracting factored in.

I certainly hope so.  Kings Island may have to try to differentiate it from SteVe.  I honestly had more fun on Twisted Timbers than SteVe so I would not be upset if Kings Island builds a "budget" RMC for cheap and installs a TT size ride. 

One thing I want from an RMC hybrid at KI is for them to install their first vertical loop (with good hang time preferably).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's my list of roller coasters that I think WILL/MIGHT replace Vortex ordered from most likely to least likely:

1. B&M Dive 
  2. B&M Wing
  3. Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster
  4. Launched B&M Wing
  5. Mack Multi-Launch
  6. The NEW Vekoma Flying Dutchman model/prototype

Here's my list of roller coasters that I WANT to replace Vortex ordered from rides I want to replace it the most to the least:

1. The NEW Vekoma Flying Dutchman model/prototype
  2. Mack Multi-Launch
  3. Launched B&M Wing
  4. Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster
  5. Intimin Blitz Coaster
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Someone I know came up with the name Outback Rider. That would work for a Rivertown themed ride there. 

The name "Outback Rider" gives me Maverick at Cedar Point and Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City vibes (even though I've never ridden Outlaw Run). I can see that being the name for an RMC, Mack Multi-launch, Intamin Blitz or Multi-launch, and, if possible, a big Out-n-Back GCI. I could see it break the speed record for whatever type of roller coaster it ends up being, or it could, possibly, break the record for the fastest coaster. But due to the pandemic that we're in, Kings Island might just put in something small. Who knows? Maybe they might put in a temporary, small, low-budget attraction. And then maybe in the future, when the park has more money, might replace the small attraction with something even BIGGER. Kind of like what Disney did with Camp Minnie Mickey which was temporary and was supposed to be replaced by was supposed to be a land called "Beastly Kingdom", but then was scrapped and then eventually replaced by what is called "Pandora: The World of Avatar".

16 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Outback is mainly an Australian term...having it said in an American park seems wrong.

Backwoods or badlands would make more sense

Boomerang Bay vibes intensifies

In all seriousness though, I think it should be something tied to Coney Mall. Coney Mall. YTD, CM has one anchor coaster, RiverTown has two, three if you count Mystic. Coney is the perfect spot for something to hark back to the past, while bringing modern thrills. Heck, maybe something like a modern take on the Aeroplane concept would go really well back in that area.  However, with that being said, I think we have a lot of options to run with and I'm looking forward to see what the park can do.

• Like 5