Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

6 minutes ago, BB1 said:

Boomerang Bay vibes intensifies

In all seriousness though, I think it should be something tied to Coney Mall. Coney Mall. YTD, CM has one anchor coaster, RiverTown has two, three if you count Mystic. Coney is the perfect spot for something to hark back to the past, while bringing modern thrills. Heck, maybe something like a modern take on the Aeroplane concept would go really well back in that area.  However, with that being said, I think we have a lot of options to run with and I'm looking forward to see what the park can do.

I don't know what name/theme that CF would go with to tie with Coney Mall that wouldn't sound cheesy. 

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't know what name/theme that CF would go with to tie with Coney Mall that wouldn't sound cheesy. 

Comet, Wildcat, Shooting Star, Aeroplane, Cyclone, basically any more classic sounding name would work. Heck, you could even make it aviation themed as Lunken Airport is really close to the OG Coney Island. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BB1 said:

Comet, Wildcat, Shooting Star, Aeroplane, Cyclone, basically any more classic sounding name would work. Heck, you could even make it aviation themed as Lunken Airport is really close to the OG Coney Island. 

Those would work, however with the way CF is going in theming, Idk if they'll use a name that already exists at another park. They could always tie those names into the theme like they did with Orion. Aviation theme would work if they built a wing coaster there (Skyraider comes to mind). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

Love this idea. I always have thought a ground up RMC named “Wildcat” would be great to replaced BLSC.

13 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Those would work, however with the way CF is going in theming, Idk if they'll use a name that already exists at another park. They could always tie those names into the theme like they did with Orion. Aviation theme would work if they built a wing coaster there (Skyraider comes to mind). 

I mean Wildcat was an original coaster at Coney Island though, it ties with the history of the park. Ditto on the Wing coaster concept, however for as much as I would love to see a top tier launched Wing at the park, I don't know if CF wants to one up a headliner at CP with a coaster at KI. I actually believe a Wing is arguably the biggest hole in their park, something that is borderline family and borderline thrill while being a B&M that packs a punch in the lineup. 

• Like 1

If the antique autos didn't replace the old Flight Commander area it would be cool to see a wild mouse named Wildcat in County Mall to mimic that old amusement park/Coney Island feel.

Theoretically they could still add a wild mouse coaster to Coney Mall, just place it between the Juke Box Diner and the Coney Refreshments eateries.

• Like 2

Why not utilize the space behind the International Show Place and behind the Eiffel Tower for a wild mouse?  That area of land has been vacant for years (they once set up a temporary Haunt in a tent in that location) after the old Salt Water Circus building was torn down.  Diamondback`s transfer track and turn into the station sit on part of that land, but there still might be room to fit a wild mouse in there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Why not utilize the space behind the International Show Place and behind the Eiffel Tower for a wild mouse?  That area of land has been vacant for years (they once set up a temporary Haunt in a tent in that location) after the old Salt Water Circus building was torn down.  Diamondback`s transfer track and turn into the station sit on part of that land, but there still might be room to fit a wild mouse in there.

That wouldn't be a bad idea either! However if I was calling the shots I would put a Premier Sky Rocket II there (or next to Flight of Fear)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbackdreams said:

I want to see a B&M coaster where Vortex was. I saw one like was really cool. It was a modern fly coaster, I think it looked awesome!  Go to you tube and look at magical mountains in cal.  It's out there and look so fun. 

I assume you mean Tatsu @ Six Flags Magic Mountain? 

I would like to see the ol Vortex spot used for a multi launched coaster. Preferably Intamin or Mack. I've had my fill of B&M for now.

• Like 2

a Different Spin- How about a Mack coaster similar to Time Traveler? We could use a unique spinning launched coaster that would be fun. CF doesn't have any of those types that i know of.   The land and dips would certainly play well with the design of them.   and it could fit both the transition from Coney Mall to frontier 

• Like 4

On 9/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, dbackdreams said:

I want to see a B&M coaster where Vortex was. I saw one like was really cool. It was a modern fly coaster, I think it looked awesome!  Go to you tube and look at magical mountains in cal.  It's out there and look so fun. 

Tatsu! The pretzel loop on that and Manta at Sea World Orlando are probably the most intense elments Ive heard about or had the pleasure to ever experience on a coater(in the back). 

• Like 1

Coaster wise, I think a multi launch would be great. Most likely would be a Mack, but I would love to see CF give Intamin a call to build something like Velocicoaster or Taron there. However, I still wouldn't be surprised if they don't put a coaster here. What if maybe where the station was they put a multi level restaurant/activity building there. IK this won't happen, but maybe do something similar to Topgolf there lol. 

• Like 2

For this concept, I used the combined space of Vortex and Backlot Stunt Coaster. I also put a multi level restaurant where The Vortex station was. The restaurant would be a sports bar and would open a year or two before the new coaster opens. It would feature 2 or 3 levels and would have interactive games and VR activities inside along with patio seating and a viewing deck. The coaster would be an intamin multi launch and would be a mix of Maverick, Velocicoaster, and Pantheon. The name is Outback Rider

2020-10-05_20.59.55.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

For this concept, I used the combined space of Vortex and Backlot Stunt Coaster. I also put a multi level restaurant where The Vortex station was. The restaurant would be a sports bar and would open a year or two before the new coaster opens. It would feature 2 or 3 levels and would have interactive games and VR activities inside along with patio seating and a viewing deck. The coaster would be an intamin multi launch and would be a mix of Maverick, Velocicoaster, and Pantheon. The name is Outback Rider

2020-10-05_20.59.55.jpg

So there’s been this thing called a pandemic????  It kinda hurt their numbers a bit this year and they might be scaling back on big spending. 

28 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

2020-10-05_20.59.55.jpg

Sign me the heck up!  It is a pipe dream for sure, but what a beautiful dream it is.  Also, Brent that came off a little condescending.  This is just a bunch of enthusiasts saying what they want, it is fine to think big.  If i took it the wrong way, i apologize.  It is hard to tell with just text to go by.

• 3 weeks later...