Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

Sorry but I don't want anything crossing over or coming near to The Beast's land. Orion has been the only coaster to come close and that's as far as I would like it to go. Personally whatever replaces Vortex, I hope they use the cleared land and nothing more. Vortex had a low angle lift hill which took up a lot of space where as most manufacturers nowadays incorporate steeper lift hills to save space.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Sorry but I don't want anything crossing over or coming near to The Beast's land. Orion has been the only coaster to come close and that's as far as I would like it to go. Personally whatever replaces Vortex, I hope they use the cleared land and nothing more. Vortex had a low angle lift hill which took up a lot of space where as much manufacturers nowadays have steeper lift hills to save space.

Agreed. Beast needs its seclusion, it's an important part of the theme.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Sorry but I don't want anything crossing over or coming near to The Beast's land. Orion has been the only coaster to come close and that's as far as I would like it to go. Personally whatever replaces Vortex, I hope they use the cleared land and nothing more. Vortex had a low angle lift hill which took up a lot of space where as much manufacturers nowadays have steeper lift hills to save space.

I get what you are saying which is why I don't find it the most realistic. However, I would be okay if they used some of it, but made sure they did whatever they could to keep The Beast's secluded feel. This coaster only goes under the hill right before the long straight section and does a cutback over the drop before that hill and that's the only way it comes close to The Beast's track. If I would change one thing about this is I would have a much lower drawn out wave turn and would go straight to the cutback so that it doesn't take up that much space and they can keep most of the trees there. Think of what they did with White Water Canyon when they put in Mystic however with this much less trees would be removed and you would only see this coaster once while on Beast. I may make a more updated concept.

EDIT: Here is a more updated concept using a better software (I used my phone photo edit app and Google Maps on my last one) This time I'm using Google Earth Pro and Pixlr Editor so I can get a better look.

KI RMC (1).jpg

• Like 5

I have a few ideas that are a little out there but would love to see happen. I’m definitely in that group of people who would kill to have a massive RMC at our park, but I do not see Kings Island implementing something huge anytime soon or cutting down more trees near The Beast. However, I’d like to bring up the idea about BLSC and it feeling very out of place as moving it would create even more space for a future investment. After spending a lot of time on google earth, I decided that the space between FoF and racer would be the perfect fit for Backlot. It would be very easy to slap on a space theme and possibly create a second entrance to Area 72 near the north side of The Racer. There are several reasons why I think this could be a viable option- perhaps Cedar Fair (around 2023-24 / whenever they had the next large installment planned) might be thinking about how they can bring a new experience, upgrade a section of the park, save a whole lot of money AND open up more land for their future record breaking / massive investment. Area 72 would start to feel more of a complete section of the park and would have 3 coasters. Now that brings me back to the original topic. Say a few more years go by and Cedar Fair is finally ready to start spending copious amounts of money again- they would have a very large plot of land that could fit a large RMC. The entrance could be through one of the buildings in Rivertown or somewhere near there and the coaster itself would cross over the path in between BLSC and Vortex. I also think that if they were to go with an RMC, it would be an amazing opportunity to resurrect Son of Beast. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cheesy Gordita Crunch said:

Here’s a little visual for what I’m talking about! 

Key: 

Light Green- Landscaping upgrades

Light Blue- New flats

Red/Black- Area 72 Expansion + new entrance 

Yellow- Future RMC

Purple- Upgraded pathways throughout rivertown

Dark Green- Ivy tunnel 

1A693F4F-BB75-45A1-B836-31F2A706A150.png

I like some of your ideas especially the newly upgraded pathways and the ivy tunnel. Those pathways really could use some love. I think Backlot Stunt Coaster is out of place as well, but I don’t see the park relocating it anytime soon. I would love to see it revamped into something that fits the theme of Rivertown. I would love if Kings Island gave it a forest theme and replaced the shipping containers with a ton of trees and theming. I unfortunately don’t see any of this happening anytime soon, but maybe Kings Island will at least repaint the rusty and faded shipping containers and billboards. They probably won’t do anything with the coaster until they put something in Vortex’s plot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I like some of your ideas especially the newly upgraded pathways and the ivy tunnel. Those pathways really could use some love. I think Backlot Stunt Coaster is out of place as well, but I don’t see the park relocating it anytime soon. I would love to see it revamped into something that fits the theme of Rivertown. I would love if Kings Island gave it a forest theme and replaced the shipping containers with a ton of trees and theming. I unfortunately don’t see any of this happening anytime soon, but maybe Kings Island will at least repaint the rusty and faded shipping containers and billboards. They probably won’t do anything with the coaster until they put something in Vortex’s plot.

I think just adding some more landscaping around it would help it blend in better.

Even just looking at the original concept animation, if they added some of the shrubs, trees, and flowers, it would help. Just some small improvements would go a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYzjGI3-RH0

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Came up with this Intamin blitz concept. Also in this concept, I relocated the gliders to where the basketball game was and renamed it Flying Eagles I also put a Gerstlauer skyroller where The Vortex station was. The flying eagles relocation would come in 2022 as part of the 50th anniversary celebration and a brand new water splash pad would open in Planet Snoopy which would be rethemed to Camp Snoopy that same year (just a concept and my prediction) the gerstlauer skyroller would open in 2023 and would be named Skyhawk. The Intamin blitz would come after a 7 year coaster drought due to Covid-19 and the fact that Orion costed 30 million dollars. The coaster would open in April 2027 to rave reviews. Remember these are just my ideas and nothing has come from the park. I give you MUSTANG!

KI intamin blitz concept.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Hawaiian Coasters, how far off the ground is your proposed station for Mustang? I was just trying to figure that out in your renderings.

It depends on which side. It actually sits along the hillside that goes down into the valley by Beast's station. The right side is a little lower off the ground than the left side since the right side is at the top of the hill and the left side is at the bottom. If someone wants to bring this rendering to life in Nolimits2 or Planet Coaster, I'd be 100% okay with it. I'm not that great with these coaster simulators so I wouldn't be able to do it that well. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It depends on which side. It actually sits along the hillside that goes down into the valley by Beast's station. The right side is a little lower off the ground than the left side since the right side is at the top of the hill and the left side is at the bottom. If someone wants to bring this rendering to life in Nolimits2 or Planet Coaster, I'd be 100% okay with it. I'm not that great with these coaster simulators so I wouldn't be able to do it that well. 

I might work on something close to your design in my free time. Only thing is it may not be exact due to some of the elements being hard to see and also just some creative process style changes.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

I might work on something close to your design in my free time. Only thing is it may not be exact due to some of the elements being hard to see and also just some creative process style changes.

That'd be great! The way this layout works is it goes up like 108 feet and has a 95 degree drop and goes into a sharp left turn and then an airtime hill and dips down into a right turn and then whips you into a left turn and then a quick right turn and then another airtime hill and dives down into a right turn into the horseshoe roll and then after the horseshoe roll it whips to the right and then to the left going into the second launch tunnel and then it launches out and goes quick to the left and up a quick section of straight track to burn off some speed (similar to Maverick) and then twists down to the right and then goes on a long quick s curve to the left and then to go up and banks sharply to the right in a stengel dive element and then a quick little hump and then a heartline roll (similar to velocicoaster) and then jumps into the brake run. This is the best way I can describe the layout for you. Feel free to add elements or take away elements. Whatever works best for you. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

That'd be great! The way this layout works is it goes up like 108 feet and has a 95 degree drop and goes into a sharp left turn and then an airtime hill and dips down into a right turn and then whips you into a left turn and then a quick right turn and then another airtime hill and dives down into a right turn into the horseshoe roll and then after the horseshoe roll it whips to the right and then to the left going into the second launch tunnel and then it launches out and goes quick to the left and up a quick section of straight track to burn off some speed (similar to Maverick) and then twists down to the right and then goes on a long quick s curve to the left and then to go up and banks sharply to the right in a stengel dive element and then a quick little hump and then a heartline roll (similar to velocicoaster) and then jumps into the brake run. This is the best way I can describe the layout for you. Feel free to add elements or take away elements. Whatever works best for you. 

Sounds good. I am doing a little now and will update you on progress. Like I said I am not the best at this but I can do a decent job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

So this is what I have so far. The track is a little hard to follow but I hope you get the idea. 

Tophat is 115ft and requires a 60mph launch to start the ride. It also only descends at 80degs coming out of it. To clear a top hat that tall you end up having a lot of leftover speed and it is nearly impossible (without trims) to keep the forces in check and pull tight elements. I took your original idea and kind of spun what I could with it. 

First half (before second launch) is around 33 seconds. Very similar to Maverick's first half.

2021-04-25 20_30_13-.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

So this is what I have so far. The track is a little hard to follow but I hope you get the idea. 

Tophat is 115ft and requires a 60mph launch to start the ride. It also only descends at 80degs coming out of it. To clear a top hat that tall you end up having a lot of leftover speed and it is nearly impossible (without trims) to keep the forces in check and pull tight elements. I took your original idea and kind of spun what I could with it. 

First half (before second launch) is around 33 seconds. Very similar to Maverick's first half.

2021-04-25 20_30_13-.png

A couple more images of the work in progress. Almost feel like a lower speed blitz with more low to the ground turns and terrain elements would fit better in this plot. 

Or an RMC..... shhhhh nobody heard me say that.

20210426171551_1.jpg

20210426171604_1.jpg

• Like 1

I love it! However, I don't think purple track would fit well in Rivertown. In my concept above, I have yellow track and brown supports. In terms of the first launch, I don't think it would launch right out of the station, but maybe roll out into another building with some effects before you launch (like Copperhead Strike and what Velocicoaster will do).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I love it! However, I don't think purple track would fit well in Rivertown. In my concept above, I have yellow track and brown supports. In terms of the first launch, I don't think it would launch right out of the station, but maybe roll out into another building with some effects before you launch (like Copperhead Strike and what Velocicoaster will do).

I can definitely switch it in the next update. And another building would be nice but to fit in the launch before The Beast, it would most likely have to turn a bit left or move the station back closer to la rosas, meaning a final break run running parallel to the walkway through the trees.

3 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

And another building would be nice but to fit in the launch before The Beast, it would most likely have to turn a bit left or move the station back closer to la rosas, meaning a final break run running parallel to the walkway through the trees.

I actually sorta changed my mind on that after thinking about it. I watched some POV's of Cheetah Hunt at BGT and when you roll out of the station and immediately hit that first launch, that looks like a pretty awesome experience. Imagine that, but with a more powerful and faster launch. I can only imagine the looks on people's faces when riding for the first time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I actually sorta changed my mind on that after thinking about it. I watched some POV's of Cheetah Hunt at BGT and when you roll out of the station and immediately hit that first launch, that looks like a pretty awesome experience. Imagine that, but with a more powerful and faster launch. I can only imagine the looks on people's faces when riding for the first time. 

I agree, its an amazing feeling. Right now the launch is set to 1.6Gs which is the same as accelerator at Knotts.

7 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

I agree, its an amazing feeling. Right now the launch is set to 1.6Gs which is the same as accelerator at Knotts.

Does it launch right out of the station like FOF or does it slowly roll out and then launch? Also the top hat sorta looks more like an outer bank turn like on Pantheon than a top hat

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Does it launch right out of the station like FOF or does it slowly roll out and then launch? Also the top hat sorta looks more like an outer bank turn like on Pantheon than a top hat

It rolls out slowly into a launch. And yeah it's definitely an outerbank. With how steep it is I would definitely consider it an outer-banked top hat though.

2021-04-26 22_20_59-KI_vortexRepalcement_blitz.nl2park - NoLimits 2.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

A couple more images of the work in progress. Almost feel like a lower speed blitz with more low to the ground turns and terrain elements would fit better in this plot. 

Or an RMC..... shhhhh nobody heard me say that.

20210426171551_1.jpg

20210426171604_1.jpg

Ok it is INDISPUTABLE that, clearly, the best part of this ride is that the track just straight up ENDS. You don't go back to the station. The ride ends before its over!:lol: 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Woooosh it’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on this forum haha, well anyways it’s good to be back. Was on the Kings Island app today and noticed when the screen loads a quick picture pops up of what seems to be a Mach or intamin, but disappears and changes to a picture of Orion. Probably just a glitch from their other apps but hey, maybe a hint :ph34r: a little early to be thinking anything but hey it’s fun to talk about

C291471E-F484-4F37-BED0-96AACE42E97D.png

I shared this before, its a Mack Blue Fire clone at a park overseas

https://rcdb.com/12340.htm

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Ok it is INDISPUTABLE that, clearly, the best part of this ride is that the track just straight up ENDS. You don't go back to the station. The ride ends before its over!:lol: 

It's an experience unlike any other, that's for sure!!!!

• Like 1

I know it would never happen but I personally would love to see a rapter or t-rex track coaster in Vortex's spot. I doubt it because of capacity but I feel like it would be a photogenic ride and also able to have those inversions come back that we have lost.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1