Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

3 hours ago, tks944 said:

FYI the Google Maps satellite image has finally updated. No more Vortex, just empty space. :( 

I think that happened a couple months ago. At least Orion is complete now.

I'm just upset they reverted my correction to Tom & Chee's location. <_< 
EDIT: looks like they accepted the change again. I'm so relieved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoomPlague said:

I think that happened a couple months ago. At least Orion is complete now.

I'm just upset they reverted my correction to Tom & Chee's location. <_< 
EDIT: looks like they accepted the change again. I'm so relieved.

Yep, happens a lot on Google Maps for some reason.  Outside the park, a store will relocate, for instance, and the street address will be changed.  I'll go in and move the marker to the new location.  It gets (even automatically sometimes) approved.  I look at the map later, and it's back to the old location.  So expect Tom+Chee to keep bouncing back and forth as it keeps getting reverted to the erroneous location.

• Like 2

A little update from today: so nothing too much, but I did notice a bunch of trucks going in and out of there as well as people going in and out of the gray trailers. Obviously it could just be maintenance, but I don't know. Also, I noticed in the area where the station was, there was a small section of dirt moved around a little making like a large square shape. Idk if that means anything. Also, the station area is the only area they mowed.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Set your expectations high.  I caught wind of something at Coasterstock…

Shaggy

How to set people up for disappointment 101. Considering people were disappointed over Orion, a 31 million dollar giga coaster I think it’s better to set reasonable expectations here.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

How to set people up for disappointment 101. Considering people were disappointed over Orion, a 31 million dollar giga coaster I think it’s better to set reasonable expectations here.

How can we set our expectations for anything, though? We know nothing and nothing has been teased, but I guess @Shaggy heard something.

@disco2000, is Kings Island just using Vortex’s plot of land to launch the drones?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Is WindSeeker not a Tower?

Plus depending on perspective, that location could be to the right of all 3 towers in the park (not including cell towers).

At 8:31 of this video.  With him saying International Street I take that as ET.

For what it's worth I'd be very surprised if we got our next coaster before CP, Wonderland, and Carowinds but with the chain being desperate to sell passes anything is possible.

• Like 3

I stand by my post LOL.   

From where he said to observe, this spot is to the right of the Eiffel Tower.   

Do you think he meant literally launched from the right of Eiffel Tower - like maybe from where Chick-Fil-a is LOL

He also said the fireworks are from the left of the Tower - so are the moving the current spot and launching it from the Merry-go-round LOL?  No, because standing in front of the fountains, the fireworks are to the left of the tower, but also back a couple thousand feet, just like the drones will be launched a couple thousand feet away from the Tower and will be to the right based on the location perspective he referenced.

You took his comment too literally.  Not too many places they can launch from....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

At 8:31 of this video.  With him saying International Street I take that as ET.

For what it's worth I'd be very surprised if we got our next coaster before CP, Wonderland, and Carowinds but with the chain being desperate to sell passes anything is possible.

Wow, I had no idea that Rozzi also did drones as well as fireworks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I stand by my post LOL.   

From where he said to observe, this spot is to the right of the Eiffel Tower.   

Do you think he meant literally launched from the right of Eiffel Tower - like maybe from where Chick-Fil-a is LOL

He also said the fireworks are from the left of the Tower - so are the moving the current spot and launching it from the Merry-go-round LOL?  No, because standing in front of the fountains, the fireworks are to the left of the tower, but also back a couple thousand feet, just like the drones will be launched a couple thousand feet away from the Tower and will be to the right based on the location perspective he referenced.

You took his comment too literally.  Not too many places they can launch from....

It is also my understanding that The Vortex site is for the drones. 

23 minutes ago, KIEagle33 said:

Wow, I had no idea that Rozzi also did drones as well as fireworks.

They do… now.

I’m sure it’s subcontracted. 

Also, the flames that they are advertising for the show are not the same flames they use for Haunt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

I don’t know if you are hinting something or trolling but I noticed this picture has Vortex in it. Are we supposed to notice something else?

I don’t troll, let’s make that crystal clear.

The picture represents the former location of Vortex.. which when viewed from International Street was to the right of the Tower.

Im pretty sure what’s going on at the site is obvious by now.  

If this thread were a movie, it would win the Golden Rozzi.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

I don’t troll, let’s make that crystal clear.

The picture represents the former location of Vortex.. which when viewed from International Street was to the right of the Tower.

Im pretty sure what’s going on at the site is obvious by now.  

If this thread were a movie, it would win the Golden Rozzi.

Plus… I’ve heard drones can kinda fly to where they are supposed to go. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DoomPlague said:

I did wonder the other day: What are big gray shipping containers (or are they trailers? or something else?) on The Vortex-plot for?

I'm not sure how to feel about Shaggy saying to have high expectations. Now I'm scared.

I assume now that those shipping containers are for setting up the drone show based off other comments. I think @Shaggy was just trolling with saying he caught wind of something and to set our expectations high. He was probably alluding to the Vortex site being the launch area for the drone show as others have indicated.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FUN&amp;ONLY! said:

I assume now that those shipping containers are for setting up the drone show based off other comments. I think @Shaggy was just trolling with saying he caught wind of something and to set our expectations high. He was probably alluding to The Vortex site being the launch area for the drone show as others have indicated.

That's what I assumed. The high expectations was a tease about the drones since they fly up high and seem to be having their launch site set up at The Vortex plot.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I doubt Shaggy was trolling, he's known for what he's talking about with KI. I think we will see something new here in 2024. These last few years for KI have really been something! 

2023 doesn't seem unreasonable based on the gap between the last few coasters.

Banshee: 2014

Mystic Timbers: 2017

Orion: 2020

??: 2023

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DiamondbackFan said:

2023 doesn't seem unreasonable based on the gap between the last few coasters.

Banshee: 2014

Mystic Timbers: 2017

Orion: 2020

??: 2023

I don’t think it will be in 2023, Cedar Point hasn’t had their new coaster yet, I think they will receive one first. Either Planet Snoopy and Soak City is next up I feel. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I doubt Shaggy was trolling, he's known for what he's talking about with KI. I think we will see something new here in 2024. These last few years for KI have really been something! 

I think @Shaggy was referencing the location of the drone launch not a new ride though.

• Like 2

Gotta love good old fashion speculation and rumors. Whatever Cedar Fair does at Kings Island, one of their top 3 in the chain, will be over the top. 

Whether that be a bunch of new flats or a new coaster, it'll be a good addition. I hope to see either a mix of flats, new middle-ground coaster, and theming like what we're seeing in Jungle X-Pedition at KD and the rumored Carowinds crossroads expansion. 

I think Cedar Point will get a new coaster, or even a new kid area expansion, before we get another major investment, and whatever mysterious stuff is happening over at WoF, but we're on the list probably around Kings Dominion 50th anniversary I would imagine.

• Like 4