Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

Rivertown currently has four coasters (Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, The Beast, Backlot) I think the main issue with Rivertown is that it doesn't offer much outside of those four coasters besides WWC and the train. I think what Rivertown needs is a new flat ride or two to better round out that section of the park.

Right now, the only coaster that's present in Coney Mall (unless you want to count Area 72 as a part of Coney Mall) is The Racer, so I think whatever goes in The Vortex plot should be a Coney Mall addition to give that area a second coaster.

• Like 5

I agree. II always thought a Screamin' Swing where Flight Commander was would be amazing. (Since my beloved Flying Eagles didn't make it there). That is one flat ride that I look forward to every trip to Cedar Point.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I have one stipulation to add about me wanting a RMC in Vortex's spot- not Topper Track.  I think I've seen Wildfire as well as Outlaw Run both having structural issues involving their track in a way where at least OR may need to be converted.  Lightning Rod is another culprit.  I've also seen Wonder Woman at SFFT already needing new trains, so their single rail design is also a no-go for me. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I have one stipulation to add about me wanting a RMC in Vortex's spot- not Topper Track.  I think I've seen Wildfire as well as Outlaw Run both having structural issues involving their track in a way where at least OR may need to be converted.  Lightning Rod is another culprit.  I've also seen Wonder Woman at SFFT already needing new trains, so their single rail design is also a no-go for me. 

Given that RMC has started to build ground-up Ibox coasters and doesn't even list Topper Track on their site anymore, I highly doubt we're going to see any more Topper Track RMCs built anytime soon.

If Kings Island decides to build an RMC (and that's a big if), it will most likely end up being a ground-up Ibox similar to Zadra or Arieforce One. I've heard that Arieforce has a structure that's entirely made of steel, so maybe that would help alleviate any potential structural issues that could be an issue like it's been with Steel Vengeance.

Again, I would still bet on something like a B&M or Vekoma being our next coaster, but it would be interesting to see Cedar Fair work with RMC again despite the issues they've had with them. (If what I've heard about a specific Cedar Fair 2025 project ends up being true, then maybe this idea won't be as far-fetched as we think)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

Given that RMC has started to build ground-up Ibox coasters and doesn't even list Topper Track on their site anymore, I highly doubt we're going to see any more Topper Track RMCs built anytime soon.

If Kings Island decides to build an RMC (and that's a big if), it will most likely end up being a ground-up Ibox similar to Zadra or Arieforce One. I've heard that Arieforce has a structure that's entirely made of steel, so maybe that would help alleviate any potential structural issues that could be an issue like it's been with Steel Vengeance.

Again, I would still bet on something like a B&M or Vekoma being our next coaster, but it would be interesting to see Cedar Fair work with RMC again despite the issues they've had with them. (If what I've heard about a specific Cedar Fair 2025 project ends up being true, then maybe this idea won't be as far-fetched as we think)

I think Vekoma and B&M are definitely on the table for our next coaster. However, I would keep a very close eye on what manufacturer Canada’s Wonderland decides to go with for their next coaster as it seems to not be B&M or Vekoma. 
With Valleyfair being the only park rumored for a new coaster in 2026 I think that will be our year and 2025 will be a Soak City expansion.

6 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

I think Vekoma and B&M are definitely on the table for our next coaster. However, I would keep a very close eye on what manufacturer Canada’s Wonderland decides to go with for their next coaster as it seems to not be B&M or Vekoma. 
With Valleyfair being the only park rumored for a new coaster in 2026 I think that will be our year and 2025 will be a Soak City expansion.

I also wouldn't rule out Carowinds for 2026 as that will be 7 years since Copperhead Strike. Even though they are rumored to get a clone of Snoopy's Racing Railway next year, but that would be a cheap cookie cutter addition and more a kids addition than the next big thrill coaster addition. 

Also according to Amusement Insiders (who has been fairly reliable in the past) the big rumor for Wonderland is surprisingly Intamin. Obviously I'll believe it when I see it, but if true and coupled with what Eltororyan said awhile back about CF executives being rumored to have checked out Velocicoaster and was impressed and are looking into potentially doing multiple Intamin LSM projects (again ill believe when I see it), maybe Vortex replacement could be Intamin after all, but obviously not getting my hopes up. 

45 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I also wouldn't rule out Carowinds for 2026 as that will be 7 years since Copperhead Strike. Even though they are rumored to get a clone of Snoopy's Racing Railway next year, but that would be a cheap cookie cutter addition and more a kids addition than the next big thrill coaster addition. 

Also according to Amusement Insiders (who has been fairly reliable in the past) the big rumor for Wonderland is surprisingly Intamin. Obviously I'll believe it when I see it, but if true and coupled with what Eltororyan said awhile back about CF executives being rumored to have checked out Velocicoaster and was impressed and are looking into potentially doing multiple Intamin LSM projects (again ill believe when I see it), maybe Vortex replacement could be Intamin after all, but obviously not getting my hopes up. 

I think there is still a possibility for Carowinds in 2025 but Canada’s Wonderland opened Snoopy’s Racing Railway in 2023 and their next major coaster addition looks to be 2025 so it would make sense for 2027 to be the year for Carowinds. 

29 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

I think there is still a possibility for Carowinds in 2025 but Canada’s Wonderland opened Snoopy’s Racing Railway in 2023 and their next major coaster addition looks to be 2025 so it would make sense for 2027 to be the year for Carowinds. 

If anything Hurler receives Titan-track. GCI has a better track record with CF.

The best comparison is to Thunder Run at Kentucky Kingdom which has a similar layout to the Hurler twins (I've ridden both), but TR has tighter corners, higher and better shaped bunny hop and camelback hills thus having better lateral and negative Gs and better pacing.  The Hurler twins are too drawn out and forceless. 

• Like 1