Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

1 hour ago, rhyano said:

More than likely it's for overseas, or it's dive coaster track for Emperor at Seaworld San Diego, normally domestic track doesn't show up outside until around July or August. Yukon was an exception because of the work they had to do around Vortex and take out sections of track to fit and lower pieces of track into that tunnel.

The track is too thin and light colored for Emperor. It would make sense that it is for something else. Now I don't think it is for Kings Dominion because the volcano replacement is going to be themed to something like an African savanna, based on the teaser. Nothing African would be blue/purple This could very well be for KI 2021. They would want to get Vortex replaced as soon as possible.

19 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I know we just got Orion and this is most likely Kings dominions Wing coaster track but here is some mystery purple track , could it be Kings Islands? Most likely not but just an idea

Maybe it is just the picture but it looks damaged.  The rails bend way too sharply at the end, maybe it was dropped or something hit it.

It has likely been there for a while and will continue to be until they arrange for a semi to take it to get recycled.  Reminds me that a piece of Yukon Striker was dropped during construction and I am pretty sure that piece was sent back to Clermont, I doubt that is the piece of track we are looking at though.

I really doubt it's for Kings Island, as said previously via Kings Island's twitter, the park has no plans as to replace Vortex immediately, and B&M track isn't made overnight, they have plenty of work in China, I would suspect that the track piece is for a China project rather than a domestic. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I'm working on this smaller RMC as the next coaster coming to KI. I originally made it to replace Vortex but they layout probably fits better up front when our boomerang and big ole log ride get the axe. Here is a pic of the WIP: 

rmcfrontgateconcept.png

Image result for surprised face gif

Tell me you have a pov.... I WANNA SEE THIS!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

I'm working on this smaller RMC as the next coaster coming to KI. I originally made it to replace Vortex but they layout probably fits better up front when our boomerang and big ole log ride get the axe. Here is a pic of the WIP: 

rmcfrontgateconcept.png

Question: why not make the first drop go all the way to the ground?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coney_man said:

Would s&s sansei possibly wanna use that new concept coaster in they just made????

Possibly, but I don’t see Cedar Fair spending a lot of money on a prototype at one of their major parks. I’d personally prefer the great safe investments we’ve been getting. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I'm hoping for something like a dueling Premier or Mack Rides launch. I would prefer Premier because their launches are more forceful and they can do tons of weird elements.

If we are going launch I’d rather go intamin with a beyond vertical drop. That start to maverick has you standing up in your seat. Especially compared to the catastrophe that was west coast racers. Not opposed to any of the three but that is my preference.  

• Like 2