Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

30 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

A high capacity ride like raptor or GateKeeper at cp has lines out the rear end the biggest part of the day in the summer.  You can walk on Banshee basically at anytime.

Both of those coasters eat through lines, and after park opening, the lines decrease significantly because people venture toward the back where the lower capacity, less reliable rides are located.

21 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe I heard someone say that they heard Alan Schilke say that he doesn't like doing vertical loops. If true, don't expect a vertical loop on an RMC.

Yup. Wyatt Lassiter at RMC told me that. The track and trains are completely capable of performing a vertical loop, but Alan just finds them boring. Comes from doing the exact same loop over and over again for years at Arrow. 

• Like 1

Pine trees get MASSIVE in a short amount of time. In like ten years, those trees could easily be over 15 feet tall and fairly wide, blocking mostly all views from The Beast’s station which I like. I think they will keep these trees even after they replace Vortex.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Pine trees get MASSIVE in a short amount of time. In like ten years, those trees could easily be over 15 feet tall and fairly wide, blocking mostly all views from The Beast’s station which I like. I think they will keep these trees even after they replace Vortex.

Yes, but hopefully they don't cause riders to get hurt by the needles lol. JK

• Haha 2

Does anyone know what type of pine trees those are and what we can expect them to look like in the next several years? I've done some research and some pine trees can grow up to 3 feet each year, but takes up to 25-30 years to reach it's full height. 

Source: https://bloggingheros.com/how-fast-do-pine-trees-grow/#:~:text=It takes about 25-30,more the value of wood.

• Like 2

Can't tell specifically from the picture, but they might be arborvitae, which are a good screening evergreen.  They grow at  medium rate, have shrub like thickness at the bottom.  They are in the cedar family I think.

Then again, they might be fir trees.

It looks they are planted on the service road to provide screening of The Beast roller coaster.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

They were also used to build the Son of Beast. Really makes you think. owo

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Does anyone know what type of pine trees those are and what we can expect them to look like in the next several years? I've done some research and some pine trees can grow up to 3 feet each year, but takes up to 25-30 years to reach it's full height. 

Source: https://bloggingheros.com/how-fast-do-pine-trees-grow/#:~:text=It takes about 25-30,more the value of wood.

We planted a few pine trees in our backyard like 15 years ago. When we planted them, the pine trees were like 4 feet tall. Nowadays, the pine trees are like 30 feet tall.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I wouldn’t say that. I think they are creating a patio. It gets quite congested on the walkway between Vortex and Backlot.

I don’t know. A new patio would be nice, but there is no big restaurant nearby that is a big draw. Jukebox Diner is decent, but it never really gets long lines. Maybe if they give Jukebox Diner the Miami River Brewhouse treatment, it will need more seating, but I don’t know if they will do that. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 12:10 PM, coaster sally said:

A high capacity ride like raptor or GateKeeper at cp has lines out the rear end the biggest part of the day in the summer.  You can walk on Banshee basically at anytime.

Banshee had up to an hour wait today at KI. Not always the case you can walk on it

Not going to lie, I wish they planted more pine trees around The Beast to reinforce some of that wooded vibe they had. Maybe even bring back the lake if they could do some minor construction around the turn around. We definitely have a decent area to work with in The Vortex plot, the terrain change that they have there could be great for a Dive or launched coaster. I personally would like to see a steel coaster that could hypothetically work in the Winterfest season, as I think something like that would work to expand the capacity and line up for that season. 

• Like 6