Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I'd be all for bringing back the lake on the first turn on Beast, but I would hope its something that can be kept clean as a problem with the original as well as the KCKC lake was the lake scum and smell.  

I would love to see the water return but I highly doubt that is going to happen for the reason you mentioned.  Keeping it clean.  Sadly it would be mostly the guest fault the lake wouldn't stay clean.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I would love to see the water return but I highly doubt that is going to happen for the reason you mentioned.  Keeping it clean.  Sadly it would be mostly the guest fault the lake wouldn't stay clean.  

This is true. Just look at how much filth accumulates underneath the queue line as it is.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

^The problem with that is that D-back's splash is out of public access.  Jeff Gramke stated at Coasterstock that the reason the water was drained at The Beast was because people threw trash in it.  The queue goes right by where the water would be.

Which is a sad comment on the people that go to KI. Have you seen how close water is to many paths at the zoo? At Dollywood? If it can be done other places and not here it’s clearly the customer base they have, which is ridiculous. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

^The problem with that is that D-back's splash is out of public access.  Jeff Gramke stated at Coasterstock that the reason the water was drained at The Beast was because people threw trash in it.  The queue goes right by where the water would be.

The queue for Maverick at CP goes over water.

• Like 2

It is somewhat ironic also that the roof of Diamondback's brake run is covered with bracelets, etc.  Millennium Force also had a similar issue when it first opened, as part of the queue was very close to a wall.  That wall became a "gum wall" and shortly afterward, that section of the queue was almost never used.

People will mess up anything if they are stuck waiting somewhere and have the opportunity.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

It is somewhat ironic also that the roof of Diamondback's brake run is covered with bracelets, etc.  Millennium Force also had a similar issue when it first opened, as part of the queue was very close to a wall.  That wall became a "gum wall" and shortly afterward, that section of the queue was almost never used.

People will mess up anything if they are stuck waiting somewhere and have the opportunity.

And you clean it off. There’s no reason the park leaves areas like this, like this. Simple lack of maintenance. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

The Beast has it worse. I always thought the park didn't clean them off to encourage re-ridership. You leave a bracelet on one visit and you go back to see if its still there later. 

Aw bacon man my dude!!!!! So like on Diamondback how????? I saw a flip flop there does somebody just throw it on the floor????? 

On 9/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

You simply install a video camera in the area and install huge signs that say trash throwers will be ejected. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

If they are not going to eject line jumpers, cell phone users on rides and smokers(up until 2020), I doubt they would eject trash throwers.

Ive turned in a fair share of smokers and most are just asked to put them out and move on unfortunately. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 5:12 PM, BB1 said:

Not going to lie, I wish they planted more pine trees around The Beast to reinforce some of that wooded vibe they had. Maybe even bring back the lake if they could do some minor construction around the turn around. We definitely have a decent area to work with in The Vortex plot, the terrain change that they have there could be great for a Dive or launched coaster. I personally would like to see a steel coaster that could hypothetically work in the Winterfest season, as I think something like that would work to expand the capacity and line up for that season. 

I definitely agree with more trees, but I don't really want the lake to return. When I ride The Beast, a lot of times I see a bunch of groundhogs in the grass patch in the middle of turn out of the station. I always think it's cool to see. But, if the lake returns, I don't think we would see them as much.     

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Pantheon is an intamin multi launch going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The reason it isn't likely to happen at KI is Cedar Fair's relationship with intamin.

What's an intiman?  Do they make roller casters?  I hope if they do they are mean like Daimonbdack!!!!! 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, DiamondBeast said:

@dbackdreams 

Thanks my dude!!!!  But this roller caster looks boooooorrrrriiiiinnnnnnggggg.  Dad said we may go to bush garden if this stupid virus ever goes away.  

I think it is so cool that an old president of the county of the united states opened up his own theme park. Was it the dad president or the son president???

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, dbackdreams said:

Thanks my dude!!!!  But this roller caster looks boooooorrrrriiiiinnnnnnggggg.  Dad said we may go to bush garden if this stupid virsu ever goes away.  

I think it is so cool that an old president of the county of the united states opened up his own theme park. Was it the dad president or the son president???

I don't think you are going to like the answer to this question....lol

• Haha 3