Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Klabergian Empire

Made another blitz concept. Ik it's getting tiring for some of you, but I just can't stop making these as they are fun to imagine. Trust me, I'll start making coaster concepts other than Intamin blitzes soon! This one I spent a lot of time trying to do theming details for what I'm going for. The queue starts in the arcade building that would be gutted out for this and snakes up to the station going down into the valley like other concepts I've made. The exit is on the side of Beast's station and I tried my best to draw western style fencing and a photo booth and if you look closely I tried my best to draw those hanging Lanterns that you see in Cracker Barrel. In my vision, the coaster would use those style of lanterns in the station. I even put water with a fountain near the stairs to the station. Also in my vision, but I didn't put in because it would've looked messy is the hill going down by the station would have rockwork on it maybe even a small waterfall. Remember, this is just my idea. I have no inside information whatsoever on what the park may be planning. This is just my imagination. The name of this coaster is Stallion

KI intamin blitz concept.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

This time I made a Mack launch concept for the plot. I have it themed basically after the Miami River Brewhouse and I have the station basically themed to a Brewing house (ie Sonder Brewing) basically the backstory is similar to Copperhead Strike with the moonshine, but this time it is themed around Lager and how something happened in the brewhouse causing the brewhouse to be abandoned (kinda like Mystic/Twisted Timbers story line. I also relocated the gliders to where Vortex's station was to give Coney Mall a ride there and renamed it Flying Eagles to pay homage to the original ride. Not in this picture, but like in my Rivertown concept in that thread, a new building would go where the basketball game and the current pathway to backlot currently stand and a new path to Backlot would go by Jukebox and the basketball game would be relocated to Action Zone or where the ladder game is by Hanks. The plot where Gliders sits now would be the new home of Linus Launcher and the flume would be readded to Rivertown and a new stage would go where Linus is currently. This is just a concept and I don't speak for the company in any way and have no inside information. 

KI Mack launch.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I love the backstory of matching it with the brewhouse. 

The Brewhouse will morph into something else when craft brewery fad ends.  I like the idea too, but it's better to use timeless theming than today's fads.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

And moonshine?

Did someone say... moonshine? Dangolshoot! You know, there was a great show at the park this past year that mentioned [Coca-Cola Freestyle!].

-MDMC, an avid fan of Busker Jam :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

And moonshine?

Moonshine is booze.  The OP was talking about theming the story to the MRB.  This eatery will be rethemed eventually, so to me, why theme a ride to it?  And if you are theming with something that goes into RT, it just comes across as odd.  But then again, in a sister park, you had an avalance next to a volcano, with a wrecked space ship and nascar race nearby, followed by a giant snake and a hollywood movie set, all in a jungle area.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Moonshine is booze.  The OP was talking about theming the story to the MRB.  This eatery will be rethemed eventually, so to me, why theme a ride to it?  And if you are theming with something that goes into RT, it just comes across as odd.  But then again, in a sister park, you had an avalance next to a volcano, with a wrecked space ship and nascar race nearby, followed by a giant snake and a hollywood movie set, all in a jungle area.

And if I'm not mistaken, moonshine's peak was during prohibition, which is obviously long gone at this point. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure moonshine is still quite prolific in old school rural/country theming. Things may pass their prime, but they seldomly go away.

If I can be perfectly honest here, I would find it hard to believe that KI would annex this area for RT. It already is a pretty lopsided part of the park in terms of coasters and for them to add another filler/new thrill coaster to it would completely screw up the feel of the park in my opinion. I think in all honesty, they should keep the Coney Mall theming, focus on the classic feel that they want in that part of the park and work with it.

There's no doubt in my mind that they could work on creating a new experience with a company like Vekoma to create a coaster at least similar in thrills to Vortex. They have the make up, they have the technology, build something better with modern technology. Which mind you, I would love to see The Vortex name or at least some form of weather phenomena used for the name as I think it worked really well with the park.

I would not advocate for a B&M Dive however. In my opinion it's way too compact, which defeats the idea of a Dive.....unless you make it go under the walk way and finally get rid of the eye sore that is the 3 Point Shoot Out aka the headache that took out our treasured and priceless Flyers. That would be a beautiful view to see and would definitely put the park back on the map for having revolutionary concepts mixed with park theming. (And totally not due to the fact that I hate the basketball games and the pop music they play that gives me headaches)

• Like 3