Jump to content
Klabergian Empire

Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I saw this and kind of laughed. This would be cool all right, but in reality, it was probably just a couple of employees messing around. Another example of employees trolling enthusiasts was when someone placed the old wood by the Son of Beast gravestone in the midst of all of the Son of Beast RMC rumors.

But an employee wrote 2020 giga in the snow and guess what.... it happened. Not saying you are wrong but its a possibility 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

But an employee wrote 2020 giga in the snow and guess what.... it happened. Not saying you are wrong but its a possibility 

It was a seasonal employee messing around. Yes, they got a giga, but the giga in the snow thing was not written by someone who had an inside source. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 3:50 PM, pkiknex25 said:

^ Nitro at Adlabs Imagica in India in 2013. Though Rougarou and CGA Patriot have been converted from stand up to floorless since then.

Also Firebird for 2019 at SFA.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that is going to be difficult when they demolish Vortex is going to be trying to keep all of the trees that have grown up around it over the years.  Unfortunately, I see most of those disappearing because it would be too hard to work around them.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read this entire discussion, but I do want to give my input. I don't think they will be putting a coaster there. I think they will put a plaza with more flat rides and dining options. A coaster would be hard for them to afford after Orion, and it would likely interfere with the woodlands of The Beast. I don't think they will put another smaller coaster there, either. Back to my plaza point, I think that the Antique Autos mark a new set of flat rides coming. We haven't seen flat rides in a while. They might retheme the area around Vortex. Who knows, that's just my idea.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 6:33 AM, Nutterie said:

I don't think they will be putting a coaster there. 
 

Oh, they are sooo gonna put a coaster there! A big, photogenic one, too!

 

21 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

With signs being a multi-inverting coaster, what elements are you all looking for?

I don't even know, but I hope they surprise us. There's so many ways they could go with that space.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 9:40 PM, Rivertown Rider said:

One thing that is going to be difficult when they demolish Vortex is going to be trying to keep all of the trees that have grown up around it over the years.  Unfortunately, I see most of those disappearing because it would be too hard to work around them.

That seems to be the direction the park has went.  Cut down trees instead of working around them (the land clearing for Diamondback and Orion instead of building the coaster through the trees like The Beast).  Also the tree removal around The Beast the last couple years ( around the station, between the first tunnel and the brake run, and between the brake run and the long 2nd tunnel).

Any bad tree is now cut down and not replaced with the exception of the new trees on I-Street.    Overall, the park is VERY hot when the weather is hot, as there is little shade now on the walkways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, super7 said:

That seems to be the direction the park has went.  Cut down trees instead of working around them (the land clearing for Diamondback and Orion instead of building the coaster through the trees like The Beast).  Also the tree removal around The Beast the last couple years ( around the station, between the first tunnel and the brake run, and between the brake run and the long 2nd tunnel).

Any bad tree is now cut down and not replaced with the exception of the new trees on I-Street.    Overall, the park is VERY hot when the weather is hot, as there is little shade now on the walkways.

The emerald ash borer has a lot to do with the tree removals you see around the park.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Even though I hope this doesn't happen, a dive would actually work and look well in The Vortex plot of land.

 

2019-10-13_16.06.56.jpg

What would you like to see besides a dive, I think that or a wing is best. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know at Cedar Point, they were going to build a monster record-breaking 200 foot B&M floorless coaster, but they went with Maverick instead. This means that B&M is capable of exceeding 200 feet on a floorless coaster, and they could make something record-breaking for Kings Island. B&M could also maybe go for the North America inversion record with ten inversions or even incorporate a launch. I, personally see a record-breaking ten inversion B&M floorless coaster as a good replacement for Vortex and a good way to market the ride to the general public.

Source: https://www.coaster101.com/2019/06/27/7-things-i-learned-about-cedar-point-from-john-hildebtandts-book/

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I don’t know if you all thought about this, but maybe they can add something like a vekoma shockwave.

 

I want to believe  Vekoma is a better company than it use to be. They have done some great things across the world and I would love to see something totally different installed at KI. If we had to get another B&M as our next coaster then a floorless would be my choice. 

I agree with others on that a wing coaster is not in the cards for KI right now with Cedar Point and holiday world so close. As far as a dive coaster I am not really a fan of the B&M dives. I want something more intense than that. Kings Island going forward needs to focus on variety from a roller coaster stand point we all know KI needs more intense flat rides. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm a little concerned on the new vekomas. Mainly because of the older vekomas. But they do look better than the old ones. I hope they are smooth though.

Have you seen the reviews for lech coaster? There is no way they won’t be smooth. I could be wrong, but I think an elite launch coaster with lots of inversions like the new vekomas would be a great fit for KI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:07 PM, SonofBaconator said:

With signs being a multi-inverting coaster, what elements are you all looking for?

Id like to see a Cobra Roll or a Horseshoe Roll.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I know at Cedar Point, they were going to build a monster record-breaking 200 foot B&M floorless coaster, but they went with Maverick instead. This means that B&M is capable of exceeding 200 feet on a floorless coaster, and they could make something record-breaking for Kings Island. B&M could also maybe go for the North America inversion record with ten inversions or even incorporate a launch. I, personally see a record-breaking ten inversion B&M floorless coaster as a good replacement for Vortex and a good way to market the ride to the general public.

Source: https://www.coaster101.com/2019/06/27/7-things-i-learned-about-cedar-point-from-john-hildebtandts-book/

I think this would be ungodly expensive.  haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a little thing here if we were to get one of the newer Intamin launch coasters.

I give you Equinox!

Beyond vertical drop with 7 inversions.

Launch into double vert loops and half way up top hat  and then backward up the spike and through the loop  and over the top hat. A boy can wish this would make it way to the park.

Used the same station as Vortex but reversed.

Enjoy!

 

Equinox.png

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my top 3 models of what I would want to see replace Vortex, whenever it may be.

3.     Though I do not want this this to happen, A B&M dive fits really well here. When I first heard about the removal of Vortex, my mind immediately went to a Dive like Yukon Striker at CW. Not only would this fill the land that Vortex occupies, it would work really well on Vortex's rough terrain.

2.     Intiman launched. Something like a blitz like Maverick or Taron would fit well here and would give Kings Island something they really don't have. Also, one of Intiman's new launched coasters wold be really cool.

1.     RMC. Whether it be a woodie or steel/hybrid, I would love to see something so picturesque and eye catching, take up the most prime land in the park. Extra points if it has a launched lift-hill like Lightning Rod, my #1.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if we got something like Der Schwur des Karnan? It wouldn't have a ton of inversions, but the special elements would more than make up for that. Plus, they could theme the tower really well and it'd stand out against the skyline.

EDIT: Can someone overlay Karnan onto The Vortex plot?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

What if we got something like Der Schwur des Karnan? It wouldn't have a ton of inversions, but the special elements would more than make up for that. Plus, they could theme the tower really well and it'd stand out against the skyline.

EDIT: Can someone overlay Karnan onto The Vortex plot?

 

Karnan.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

Huh. That might actually work if they expand the WindSeeker plaza a bit. Or they could reverse the Karnan layout and adjust.

Changed it up a bit to fit better so they can keep a lot of the trees.

Karnan 2 (1).png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Changed it up a bit to fit better so they can keep a lot of the trees.

Karnan 2 (1).png

Alright, NOW we're talking! That's perfect! One small critique though, I think you might have cut off some of Karnan's station.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...