Upgraded platnium pass question

pkifreak23

Hello,

This year my family upgraded to a Platnium pass for the first time from our Kings Island gold pass and i had a question. Mainly to someone who might have done the same thing and has tried to use it at a different park other than your home park. We are wanting to take a trip up to Cedar Point next weekend for the halloweekends but we are worried we will get up there and be told that we cant get in. We have called several people through customer service at both parks ( Kings Island( where we upgraded through) and Cedar Point) and have gotten multiple answers and I dont know what to believe. I just want to know if anyone else has done the same thing and renewed their 2019 gold pass through Kings Island but upgraded to a 2020 platnium pass and tried to go to another Cedar Fair park this year and it worked. We just dont want to drive 3 and a half hours up to the park if we cant even get in. I know we cant get our  2020 meal plan or drinks or anything like that.
 Thanks everyone for your help!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pkifreak23 said:

Hello,

This year my family upgraded to a Platnium pass for the first time from our Kings Island gold pass and i had a question. Mainly to someone who might have done the same thing and has tried to use it at a different park other than your home park. We are wanting to take a trip up to Cedar Point next weekend for the halloweekends but we are worried we will get up there and be told that we cant get in. We have called several people through customer service at both parks ( Kings Island( where we upgraded through) and Cedar Point) and have gotten multiple answers and I dont know what to believe. I just want to know if anyone else has done the same thing and renewed their 2019 gold pass through Kings Island but upgraded to a 2020 platnium pass and tried to go to another Cedar Fair park this year and it worked. We just dont want to drive 3 and a half hours up to the park if we cant even get in. I know we cant get our  2020 meal plan or drinks or anything like that.
 Thanks everyone for your help!

I just did this as well and it worked for me. I just used my gold pass and when you get to the gate, the employee gave me my platinum pass. 

• Like 1

HalloWeekends Sundays haven't been bad so far this season. Fridays have been pretty busy, and Saturdays have been nuts (with the parking lot filling to capacity on good-weather days).

Gold Passes are new at Cedar Point for 2020, and the introductory price of $99 is drawing lots of people to the park.