Vortex's Replacement?

SonofBaconator

Vortex  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I was thinking more along the lines of 170-175ft. Also Vortex was 3,800ft in length so they could possibly beat out Dominator for longest if they make the lift higher and have bigger elements.

Funny im responding to you. Ha Im looking at the SOB removal forum and you are in there alot.

Also

Rip the Bengals season.

RIP our O-Line

Rip Andy since we have no o-line

11 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Funny im responding to you. Ha Im looking at the SOB removal forum and you are in there alot.

Also

Rip the Bengals season.

RIP our O-Line

Rip Andy since we have no o-line

Oh yeah we'll get a good spot in the draft in the post season for sure. I think Taylor is going to cleansweep his O-line for next season and hopefully push for a new QB. All these teams are getting new, younger QBs and Dalton, imo, has exceeded his use with us.

Also SOB was announced to be removed around the same time the Son of Baconator was announced at Wendy's. Its a conspiracy

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I do like the idea of the world's tallest, fastest, longest floorless coaster.  The drawback to something like Copperhead Strike is that it is so short height wise.  Something that shows up in the skyline is a nice fitting tribute to Vortex 

Plus it would be a record that they could hold for a long time. I don't think a lot of people were expecting an Invert for 2014 at the time, not until they got a look at the blueprints anyway. 

Getting a record breaking floorless coaster would really throw fans for a loop

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Plus it would be a record that they could hold for a long time. I don't think a lot of people were expecting an Invert for 2014 at the time, not until they got a look at the blueprints anyway. 

Getting a record breaking floorless coaster would really throw fans for a loop

I would love a floor less coaster addition especially a record holder. So far the recent B&M additions have been record breakers. Banshee being the longest invert, and Orionback having the longest brake run and longest drop for a hypercoaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Just curious is it possible to launch a B&M dive train. 

Can that be my vote? 

Launch B&M Dive 

Coming to Kings Island in 2069

Up or down?  Up would be rather pointless.  Down on the other hand.....?   Blackout City.  Sign me up!   Now add a 100 degree drop.  :o

• Like 1

I don’t think there’s a commitment to this level of theming currently, but something along the lines of Baron 1898 would be great for that spot. 

If I’m remembering correctly, this spot was at one point rumored to potentially be the new home for the proposed Adam’s Family coaster way back when. 

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Ah, but dive coasters are reliable, have high capacity, and feature many marketable gimmicks. 

Plus, Cedar Point has a hole punch card where if you build three, the fourth is free. 

Not to mention compact and tall. I always see them as clickbait on YouTube.

"OMG LITERALLY THE TALLEST ROLLER COASTER EVER:lol:"

"TOP 10 SCARIEST COASTERS IN THE WORLD"

"WOULD YOU RIDE THIS FOR $1 MILLION?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think my preferences that are somewhat possible would be any type of RMC or any type of Mack launched ride.  I would probably say for an RMC a ground-up I-Box would be my favorite, but a ground-up topper track would be sweet too.  For the Mack coaster something a bit bigger than Copperhead Strike and with a top hat would be pretty sweet (see something like their Blue Fire model).

Things I would also like, but are much less likely IMO are an Intamin multi-launch or an S&S ride similar to Steel Curtain.  Pantheon looks amazing and having something like that at KI would be insane.  The S&S ride seems like a near perfect replacement for what Vortex offered; not crazy intense, tons of inversions, and pretty tall and fast, but I don't think S&S has ever built a coaster for Cedar Fair before.

9 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

I think my preferences that are somewhat possible would be any type of RMC or any type of Mack launched ride.  I would probably say for an RMC a ground-up I-Box would be my favorite, but a ground-up topper track would be sweet too.  For the Mack coaster something a bit bigger than Copperhead Strike and with a top hat would be pretty sweet (see something like their Blue Fire model).

Things I would also like, but are much less likely IMO are an Intamin multi-launch or an S&S ride similar to Steel Curtain.  Pantheon looks amazing and having something like that at KI would be insane.  The S&S ride seems like a near perfect replacement for what Vortex offered; not crazy intense, tons of inversions, and pretty tall and fast, but I don't think S&S has ever built a coaster for Cedar Fair before.

As far as I know S&S have only ever worked on the power tower models in the chain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

As far as I know S&S have only ever worked on the power tower models in the chain. 

I’m also pretty sure that those were also purchased while the company was still S&S Power/Worldwide, not the current S&S-Sansei that also owns Vekoma. It will be interesting to see if that makes any difference. 

• Like 1

I personally don't see us getting anything ground breaking like Pantheon, Steel Vengeance, etc. We used to break height, length, and speed barriers back in the day but the only record breaker we've gotten recently has been Banshee. Orion makes it into the top 10 tallest drops but I don't think people would call it a record breaking coaster.

So I saw that BGW gave tours of the Pantheon site. WOW i gotta say that coaster looks amazing. I can't wait to ride it. I hope CF execs will go catch a ride as well!  There is a crazy outward banked turn that looks so good. It kinda looks like RMC and Intamin teamed up lol

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

So I saw that BGW gave tours of the Pantheon site. WOW i gotta say that coaster looks amazing. I can't wait to ride it. I hope CF execs will go catch a ride as well!  There is a crazy outward banked turn that looks so good. It kinda looks like RMC and Intamin teamed up lol

Can you link that? I want to see it.

9 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Can you link that? I want to see it.

https://www.coaster101.com/2020/01/24/behind-the-scenes-of-pantheon-construction/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR17bJAWHnAg0rebvptp_8UVjeIP-sAzZRNCZrgkKiuu3dUO0QV_vzBZx4I

Let me know what you think! Sorry to get off topic here. Its what I would like to replace Vortex.