Vortex's Replacement?

SonofBaconator

Vortex  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, tuxedoman52 said:

Gemini at CP? Racer at Kennywood?

Granted, these are both very old coasters, especially Racer.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo but I think there is a distinction between racing and dueling. Racing coasters follow pretty much the same layout and the tracks and trains stay pretty much side by side for the whole ride.* Dueling coasters have different layouts for each side while still running at the same time. Examples of this would be West Coast Racers, Twisted Colossus, Dueling Dragons (or Dragon Challenge) and Lightning Racer at Hersheypark.

*with the exceptions of getting to the lift and the brake runs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zader said:

Maybe I'm just a weirdo but I think there is a distinction between racing and dueling. Racing coasters follow pretty much the same layout and the tracks and trains stay pretty much side by side for the whole ride.* Dueling coasters have different layouts for each side while still running at the same time.

How about a dueling launched S&S Axis??

My guess is that if not this season, then next, the land will be used for the Monster trucks like Cedar Point had this year. Look for this to stick around 3 seasons or so, and then possibly our next coaster going in there at the end of that run.  I wouldn't mind the B&M floorless that has been suggested or even a B&M looper like Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa.  Something photogenic with lots of inversions that is a worthy replacement for Vortex

• Like 1

Bring back the canoe ride.  :)    It was a central theme in the Brady Bunch episode.  I think there was even a hiking trail that went back behind the lake.  I don't remember exactly.

But seriously I would like something like Copperhead Strike.  But a B&M Dive is more in line of being a proven people eater that King's Island seems to go after.  I would like either one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Please no. I do not think KI needs a Ferris Wheel. We need a coaster to replace Vortex.

I have to disagree with you there. If you remember, Kings Island had a ferris wheel in Oktoberfest awhile back, and Kings Island needs some more family rides in that general area of the park. So a ferris wheel would be a great addition. But I do agree we need a replacement for Vortex.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I have to disagree with you there. If you remember, Kings Island had a ferris wheel in Oktoberfest awhile back, and Kings Island needs some more family rides in that general area of the park. So a ferris wheel would be a great addition. But I do agree we need a replacement for Vortex.

IMO, a small one would be fine, but we do not need a giant wheel. We have 3 rides that give great views. No need for a Chance Giant wheel, but that is just me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

IMO, a small one would be fine, but we do not need a giant wheel. We have 3 rides that give great views. No need for a Chance Giant wheel, but that is just me.

8 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

CP kinda needs a Ferris Wheel because of the lake side views and the lack of observation rides aside from WS. 

KI doesn't really need a Ferris Wheel unless you put it along the Coney Mall midway. At that point I'd rather bring back the skyride.

I agree Kings Island doesn't need a giant ferris wheel, since Cincinnati kinda has one. But a small one returning to Oktoberfest would be amazing!

I guess I would like an RMC like this one.  The one is a 200ft coaster so we can still get a good size one with the inversions RMC offers.  I like the looks of it too . . still miss seeing the large wooden structure of SOB.  So I think it would look great back there and maybe move the entrance down by LaRosa's so it can be part of Rivertown.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I would hope the entrance would be across from the BLSC entry area. This accomplishes several things. 1. No exit by WS which can get congested. 2. Having a plaza in the middle means more interaction and photo ops with the ride. 

Something else to note: Rivertown Expansion.

If SR&R and BLSC are considered Rivertown, who's to say that a replacement coaster might encourage an overall retheme of that small midway?

BLSC gets rethemed to something less GTA V, (the horse idea that I've been preaching for eons), the land surrounding BLSC gets reworked to accommodate newer additions, and the sections become more defined.

• Like 2

I like the Junkyard coaster. But I hate the theming. Modify the fiberglass shell, make the area more richly landscaped, and retheme to a runaway ore cart. Before the second launch could be a dynamite accident. That would tie it into the whole lumber and mining theme of Rivertown.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My question would be is would Kings Island actually want to retheme it?

Possibly if they want to have a filler coaster without actually building a coaster.

If they can't change the trains, at least paint them a different color and change the theming a bit.

It still screams Italian Job to me

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My question would be is would Kings Island actually want to retheme it? They could make it a part of Coney Mall or they could add some car themed attractions around there and make it kinda a car themed area between CM and RT.

I think BLSC should be a part of coney Mall. Personally, I never think of it as being a part of Rivertown. It's in a weird, transitional spot where Rivertown's theming, which seems to stop at the LaRosa's, has faded away and CM is fading in.

• Like 2

I would take the opportunity to update the midway or create something new. Like I said, BLSC's plaza doesn't need to be that big. They could really open that area up and add at least one flat ride. They could even rework the BLSC entrance to face Diamondback (by the restrooms) and rework that whole plaza to maybe accommodate more changes as well as parts of Vortex's old turnaround behind LaRosa's.

I'm thinking either Rivertown expansion where they work around the land surrounding BLSC facing Diamondback and the old Vortex land like CP's Frontier trail

cedar-point-park-map-1970s-frontier-trail.jpg

https://www.themerica.org/blog/2018/12/23/cedar-point-03

or creating something new like the Gemini Midway at CP

mid.jpg

http://www.placeworkshop.com/project/cedar-point-gemini-midway/

• Like 5