Vortex's Replacement?

SonofBaconator

Vortex  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, purdude86 said:

Mack just makes what they're directed to. The ones in the US are weaker but they have shown that they can make the fast intense ones too. Coasters like Blue Fire and Helix would be great additions. I would love an Intamin Blitz like Maverick but I don't feel they have improved their record enough but could with their new installations but can't see CF going back to them just yet when they have other options. Hagrid had a lots of issues and downtime when it opened (though that's to be expected with all the systems in play and working out the bugs), but if it can sustain it's operational capabilities now as well as Pantheon and the Velocicoaster perform well I could see them possibly become a viable option again.

I would like to ride a few Mack launched coasters or bigger ones. There just isn't too many here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Even though Ive been talking about an RMC or Mack multi launch, now that I think about it, A B&M dive would be a great fit for the park. The GP would love it 

ugh not another dive coaster. sorry i am just not a fan of those too much. If they did go with another B&M. I hope its a flyer...nothing around here like it. Hope it could be like Tatsu.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

ugh not another dive coaster. sorry i am just not a fan of those too much. If they did go with another B&M. I hope its a flyer...nothing around here like it. Hope it could be like Tatsu.

It would be cool if they did get a B&M flyer in Vortexs plot of land and renamed it Firehawk

10 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Even though Ive been talking about an RMC or Mack multi launch, now that I think about it, A B&M dive would be a great fit for the park. The GP would love it 

Since they announced its closure I felt the same. Think a nice size dive in that spot with the lift in the same spot and the drop looking out towards the front. Could have the initial loop up come up where the batwing was. Agree it would be a gp crowd pleaser and think it would look great in that spot too to keep the picturesque nature of that spot. Most of the other ideas I’ve seen I think would be great but would t provide the same skyline view that Vortex had.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After seeing the pictures of the cleared land, I can't even begin to imagine what's running through the park's head. I'm sure covid-19 pushed back future spending for a lot of parks and I doubt Kings Island has ordered anything prior to the virus spreading. I think if they can save as much money as possible when it comes to a potential coaster they'll do it. As big of a park as we are I personally don't see us spending Banshee type money if they can help it but maybe im wrong. I think it's safe to say that if they do indeed replace it with a coaster it will be themed very well. 

A lot of potential for this spot, whatever is coming down the road I personally want it to be big.

In theory, you could fit a 200fter in that spot but the jury's out on the possibility of that happening.

Personally I'd like to see the following elements come to KI: a Sea Serpent, a zero-g stall, and a banana roll. Ironically the aforementioned elements can be found on Steel Curtain which is an S&S coaster that hits 200ft in height. I know I've been adamant about the park getting a B&M floorless coaster for quite some time but I also think it would be fitting if S&S came in given their history with Arrow. Plus we could a decent chunk of inversions out of it.

Screenshot_2020-06-30-14-48-40.png

(Screenshotted from Ohio Valley Coasters)

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 6:06 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

^Also, think of what could happen if the Junkyard coaster was relocated to either Action Zone or sent to another park.  Think of what a massive, iconic and fun roller coaster than could take up those two plots.

The best part of that would be to see the track passing over the midway there between the two areas. It would be awesome.

They could probably keep the track mostly to half that plot as well leaving room open for additional attractions or stuff on the other side behind the Eiffel Tower. And if crossing over there wouldn't likely need the entire Vortex plot to allow another flat or two to be built there as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I Noticed that the ride with the second most votes was a dive coaster. We've already gotten four GP crowd pleasers (Mystic, Tropical Plunge, Antique Autos, and I kind of Orion). Personally, I would never want a dive coaster to replace The Vortex. The coaster that I would want to replace The Vortex would be a Mack multi-launch coaster. Or maybe an Intamin blitz coaster, something like Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Kings Island hasn't had a launch coaster since the 2000s with The Italian Job Stunt Track, now known as the Backlot Stunt Coaster. Also it has to have at least a 48in. height requirement. Vortex was the first roller coaster I rode that went upside down, since the other roller coasters in the park that went upside down either had a height requirement of 52 or 54 inches. That means Vortex was the park's only looping family coaster. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 10:27 PM, DiamondBeast said:

Guys, I found it! I found the perfect replacement for Vortex!

Yeah...I think this would be a great addition to Kings Island.

I can just see people faces when one of the trains just soars through the air on no track. Its like God gave up on Physics on this coaster...lol

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My vote would be for either a Mack multi-launch (I honestly have never ridden one but I have heard nothing but good comments on Copperhead Strike) or next-gen Vekoma looper since they really improved their design and have come a long way since their using Arrow's track design. I hope Vortex's successor isn't a B&M especially since we just got our third, but if it ends up being one then I won't complain about it since it would be better than having nothing in that spot at all.

As long as it has inversions and at least one element that interacts with the midway in some way (like Vortex's batwing did), I will be fine with whatever Vortex's successor ends up being. Bonus points if it breaks a record.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I have a feeling the name "Vortex" might be used again

Personally I don't see that happening. Naming a new coaster after an old, demolished coaster may cause confusion among guest. Also renaming a new coaster Vortex would also make it harder to market the new ride.

• Like 4