Vortex's Replacement?

SonofBaconator

Vortex  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree. I'd love to see a Mack multi-launch/Intamin blitz style coaster as I love them, but I think a Gerstlauer infinity coaster would be the best fit. It matches the boarwalk style feel of the section and can pack in the inversions to truly replace Vortex too. Plus as mentioned having a compact foot print can allow other attractions in that area as well, whether Coney or Rivertown.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2021 at 9:53 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I wouldn't call Coney Mall a "boardwalk" feel, but rather a more old timey carnival feel. 

I agree it has more an old-time amusement park theme and feel with classic flat rides and an old wooden rollercoaster, The Racer. I think Vortex worked perfectly in Coney Mall with its mess of track and supports and old steel rollercoaster look. I think something like a Mack multi-launch coaster or a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster would look good in Coney Mall because with both of these rollercoaster types, it looks like a mess of track, and they are both very aesthetically pleasing . I think something like a B&M would look way too modern for Coney Mall. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

I really don’t think this means anything, but there is a picture of a MACK Rides multi-launch coaster when you first launch the Kings Island app.

353D6461-4D9C-49E2-8520-3E133FF72EED.png

Apparently somebody behind the scenes doesn't know what Kings Island's current lineup is, because that almost looks like Helix at Liseberg or ICON at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Edit: I meant the app devs. Didn't mean to sound rude.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:23 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree it has more an old-time amusement park theme and feel with classic flat rides and an old wooden rollercoaster, The Racer. I think Vortex worked perfectly in Coney Mall with its mess of track and supports and old steel rollercoaster look. I think something like a Mack multi-launch coaster or a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster would look good in Coney Mall because with both of these rollercoaster types, it looks like a mess of track, and they are both very aesthetically pleasing . I think something like a B&M would look way too modern for Coney Mall. 

Yeah, honestly, that sounds about right. Lately though, I've noticed parallels between specific groups of major Cedar Fair parks: Kings Island versus Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds (three B&M gigas), Cedar Point versus Kings Dominion (two RMC hybrids), Cedar Point versus Knott's Berry Farm (two Intamin Accelerators) and I would dare say Knott's Berry Farm and Carowinds might be paralleling one another in the next fifteen years or so (no direct correlation other than coasters that are chain-wide, that one is just my hunch). If you were to go by the parallels alone, two options come up for KI that the two parks it's closest to (in terms of lineup) have: the B&M dive machine, and the Mack multi-launch. With what you said about the aesthetics of the coasters you had in mind, there's hardly any contest.

P.S.: I'm sorry if I've posted the same thing elsewhere, I haven't been on in a few months; college is nuts.

• Like 1