SonofBaconator

Vortex's Replacement?

Vortex  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/14/2020 at 4:27 PM, KIBeast said:

I personally think it would be the perfect spot for a coaster such as Steel Vengeance. Plenty of land to have a rather large layout. Adding wood topper track to an existing coaster would not give them the most wood track in a park record, so I don't follow you there. 

I meant a ground up topper track RMC like Lightning Rod or Outlaw Run

• Like 1

^I completely agree with you there. I would like to have a ground up RMC, but on a larger scale, more like SV.

• Like 1

^I completely agree with you there. I would like to have a ground up RMC, but on a larger scale, more like SV.
I don't see that happening without a much quieter lift hill. All 4 RMC coasters I've been on are really loud.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I don't see that happening without a much quieter lift hill. All 4 RMC coasters I've been on are really loud.

Per RMC at IAAPA, the issue of loud lifts *should* be able to be resolved with new rubber tips on the anti-rollbacks. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure it really matters anyway. I've seen plenty of long lines for Steel Vengeance. I do remember how Son of Beast had a loud chain lift and that never deterred me from riding it. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure it really matters anyway. I've seen plenty of long lines for Steel Vengeance. I do remember how Son of Beast had a loud chain lift and that never deterred me from riding it. 
It's not the rider experience, it's the neighbors at KI who would object to the noise an RMC makes.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:18 AM, KIBeast said:

I think Zader is talking about the distinction between the two different kinds of ground-up RMCs, Lightning Rod and Outlaw Run being topper track wooden coasters, which technically count as a woodies, and SteVe being a steel I-box hybrid coaster, which doesn't. So if they built a ground-up RMC, a topper track model might be a nice addition because they could count that as wooden track and add to the record.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned but something like Taiga at Linnenmaki Finland would be a really neat coaster. I’d rather have a traditional lift like maverick and a beyond 90 degree drop though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortex's spot is also well at the back of the park and further away from the residential areas around KI.  
The neighbors who complained were evidently near Soak City and were complaining, I assume, about Diamondback's first drop and the mcbr. They are fearful about Orion, which is even further away from them. A loud coaster in The Vortex spot is absolutely something they would complain about.

• Like 2