Six Flags Entertainment (SIX) in Bid to Acquire Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN) - Reuters

ohiocoasterfan

Perhaps they’re looking to buy a few parks but not the entire chain? I personally would see this being all that likely considering Cedar Fair has been acquiring parks so selling a few wouldn’t really make sense. I know that I mentioned this earlier but considering Six Flags visited Kings a Island could they be an indication KI could be one of the parks sold?  I don’t see Cedar Fair wanting to give up the 3rd most profitable park in the chain & risking Cedar Point to some serious competition.

• Like 1

I never, ever thought I'd say this.  But I'd probably not attend KI anymore if it fell under Six Flags.  My heart just couldn't take it.

Their operations/upkeep/disregard for history is abysmal.  Every time I have been to a SF park, I literally enter it prepared for the worst - so they have no where to go but up.  Even so, I still leave SF parks disappointed.

I was at Magic Mountain in June - and it is a crime what they've done to that park.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

If Orion gets renamed to Superman...

*RAGE MODE TRIGGERED*

They would take advantage of this quicker than you would ever believe. They don’t even have to paint anything. Some Superman stickers and life is good!

After watching what they did to KK, not interested in any way, shape or form. I had a season pass to KI during the Paramount days— at least to that end, Paramount would spend money in the park and do some stuff. We saw what SF did to KK.

The onus is on CF to publicly state whether they dismiss/reject/entertain this alleged offer. I have not renewed for next year and will hold off until we know more. Not that I won’t eventually but if this travesty is to occur I would certainly rather pay $60 for a SF Gold Pass/Membership that $195 for a CF Platinum. 

Edit: The only plus I can think of is a SF purchase may be our best chance of ever seeing AC in the restrooms.  

9 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

I never, ever thought I'd say this.  But I'd probably not attend KI anymore if it fell under Six Flags.  My heart just couldn't take it.

I completely agree. It sounds dramatic, but I couldn’t watch the park I love become a SIX park. I love to compare the differences between SF Great America and CGA. Two similar parks built by the same people, one now owned by six and one CF. The differences are stark. 

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, Paramount had a long grace period where they had some decisions that rubbed off the wrong way with guests such as getting rid of alcohol and blue ice cream, etc. that they later corrected (I think all 5 park managers got involved in saying Paramount was trying to change too much too fast if I remember the story correctly).  I know this is very optimistic, but I think its possible, however unlikely, that if this happens and the new chain is more SIX oriented than FUN, that they will have the same thing with the new parks and customer bases of those parks.  I will admit this is pretty unlikely.  

I will probably try to go to Kings Island a few times within the first season of this happening just to get a feel for things and make my decision from there whether to continue patronizing the park(s).  

Overall though, as they say in the Star Wars universe- I have a bad feeling about this. 

1 hour ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

This most likely won't happen. Six Flags takes pride in important and iconic rides like any other park. The Beast is probably the most iconic coaster in history.

Ya, when I look at The Beast, I think, "You know what this needs??? A 'SLIM JIM' logo..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Honorarius said:

Ya, when I look at The Beast, I think, "You know what this needs??? A 'SLIM JIM' logo..."

Ehh, if this happens, I had my own Joke:

The Beast- Presented by Snickers

PS: I too hope this does not happen, or if it does Kings Island at least somehow stays at least somewhat similar to how it is now. Though I fear that may be unlikely.

8 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

"Welcome to Six Flags Kings Island: Where Banshee is now Batman: The Ride, Diamondback is now Superman: Escape from Krypton, Orion is now Goliath, The Racer got taken out in favor of a super loop, and The Beast is now Twisted Beast!"

All of that is possible.   My main true concern is that things like Grand Carnivale, the Royal Finale, and things like that aren't really in the vein of what Six Flags offers.  They seem like minimal investments are the way they like to go.  They may not allow the budget for things like that. 

23 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

This would be the death of Kings Island. Six Flags would strip KI of it's identity on the same level as Paramount, maybe even worse. I would probably not return to the park. 

Honestly, I would still go, but only every once in a while. I would probably get rid of my pass and only make a trip or two to the park every year. I really, really hope that Six Flags does not acquire Kings Island. Under Cedar Fair, the park is thriving and amazing. I am not ready for mid-summer ride openings, slow dispatches, and advertisements all over the place.

• Like 4

Something I’ve thought about over the course of the last few hours. Let’s say it goes through. Take LA for example as you have SFMM and Knotts. What happens there?

I’m not sure what other markets besides that one in particular is there an overlap between CF and SIX.

If this has already been discussed, please forgive me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1