Six Flags Entertainment (SIX) in Bid to Acquire Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN) - Reuters

ohiocoasterfan

1 hour ago, bjcolglazier said:

I'm gonna assume that was a joke.  Anyway, a lot of folks are making assumptions that this is a Six Flags buyout, whereas my understanding is it would be a merger.  What's the difference? Well, potentially a lot of personnel at FUN would be retained---even at high levels of the newly merged company. If Six Flags is willing to learn how to run things better by keeping the good folks that FUN employs, this could work. The "good" parks would stay good, and other parks that need to be better might become so.

Just a thought!

No, it wasn’t 

https://themeparkuniversity.com/theme-parks-101/lego-company-set-to-own-legoland-parks-merlin-entertainments/

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

But don’t forget CF just dropped the bottom out on CP passes with the $99 Gold including parking and CPS.  Tons of people bought Platinum for just those two perks and the increase in attendance has been HUGE. 

This M&A talk might shed some light on the timing of the CP pass fire sale. My hope is that cheap passes this fall proved that the Six Flags model of giving away the gate to fill the park doesn't necessarily work as well on the Cedar Fair side of things. Especially with CP, families accustomed to paying $300/night to stay at Breakers are likely to demand much more from their vacation than guests used to paying $59.99 for an entire season at their local Six Flags park, with all the other SIX parks included free.

Kings Island, Cedar Point, Carowinds, Knott's Berry Farm, Canada's Wonderland and Schlitterbahn really deserve to remain premium destinations regardless of who owns them.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

But don’t forget CF just dropped the bottom out on CP passes with the $99 Gold including parking and CPS.  Tons of people bought Platinum for just those two perks and the increase in attendance has been HUGE. 

Admittedly, I'm not much into marketing. Really tough decisions. Do you let them in cheap and then take all their money, or do you take all their money and then let them in and go crazy?  For sure "I", this guy, has no idea!

8 minutes ago, malem said:

Kings Island, Cedar Point, Carowinds, Knott's Berry Farm, Canada's Wonderland and Schlitterbahn really deserve to remain premium destinations regardless of who owns them.

I'd add Kings Dominion to that list, just because I love that park so much.  haha

Wonder when we’re going to eventually see a statement from either party, hopefully it’s before they release their Q3 earnings report & conference call.

1 minute ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I'd add Kings Dominion to that list, just because I love that park so much.  haha

I mean Busch Gardens Williamsburg is really the premium park for that market so I feel like a Six Flags model could potentially work out well for that park. If Cedar Fair were wanting to sell a few parks I wouldn’t be surprised if KD was one of the ones up for consideration.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Wonder when we’re going to eventually see a statement from either party, hopefully it’s before they release their Q3 earnings report & conference call.

I mean Busch Gardens Williamsburg is really the premium park for that market so I feel like a Six Flags model could potentially work out well for that park. If Cedar Fair were wanting to sell a few parks I wouldn’t be surprised if KD was one of the ones up for consideration.

That's very sad to me.  I'd hate to see such a charming park leave the family.  I know emotions aren't considered in financial decisions, but to see KI and KD separated would be hard to take for me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

That's very sad to me.  I'd hate to see such a charming park leave the family.  I know emotions aren't considered in financial decisions, but to see KI and KD separated would be hard to take for me.

I think it’d be sad if any former Paramount Park left the chain, the improvement these parks have seen is pretty major in some cases. It’d be sad to see a lot of the positive changes be reversed.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I often thought the same thing. "Six Flags Virgina." Paramount did a lot of damage to that park that was kinda hard for Cedar Fair to undo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, malem said:

This M&A talk might shed some light on the timing of the CP pass fire sale. My hope is that cheap passes this fall proved that the Six Flags model of giving away the gate to fill the park doesn't necessarily work as well on the Cedar Fair side of things. Especially with CP, families accustomed to paying $300/night to stay at Breakers are likely to demand much more from their vacation than guests used to paying $59.99 for an entire season at their local Six Flags park, with all the other SIX parks included free.

I agree! I honestly don’t want Kings Island’s pass rate lowered if that means a lower quality park. I rather have them remain higher than the current Six Flags parks and remain higher quality. Anyways, the current prices of Kings Island Gold Passes seem to be okay because many people are buying them.

1 hour ago, malem said:

I guess that will be the “Vibranium+ Elite VIP” level SIX membership.  Oh wait.....wrong cinematic universe....

• Haha 1

Thank the dear Lord in Heaven.

I hope all the grief shared by the general public, and park enthusiasts, over the thought of a Six Flags takeover cut them to the quick.  Every post/article I read came with an ONSLAUGHT of negativity about SF park operations and overall bad management.  Surely the overwhelming amount of criticism towards SF parks rings a bell.  They need a strong wake-up call.  They are raping the villagers - and the villagers are fighting back.

• Like 8