Who Would YOU Want to Own Kings Island?

KI Guy

It’s fun to imagine if the late Will Koch (Holiday World) could have owned KI.

I remember reading an interview that he loved KI, and that Beast inspired his love of wooden coasters +woods+terrain.

Combine his enthusiasm, service values, and wooden coaster operations* with a park the size of KI...

*Not knocking KI's wood coaster operations...they are better than most In my opinion. But my first trip to HW in 2000 and then riding Voyage in 2006 opened my eyes to what wooden coasters could be.  When I rode Legend and Son of Beast in their opening months, I immediately realized that HW got the far better wood coaster that year.

• Like 2

I'd honestly love to see Hershey take a swing at another park, I know they aren't really an amusement park centered company, but I love the park. It is so well maintained and the atmosphere is great. Not only this, but Hershey really seems devoted to keeping its classic rides in tip top shape. We've seen Comet getting its crooked lift hill fixed (although I kinda liked it). Sidewinder got new trains. Sooperdooperlooper got new trains and kept with the lapbars. Wildcat got new trains. If you look at then as a whole they haven't removed a coaster in decades. I love that dedication. I hate going to a park with all new rides I love having a wide variety of classics and new rides it enhances the experience. This is part of the reason why I used to love Great Adventure, but in the past decade I have lost faith in the park. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bdd127 said:

I'd honestly love to see Hershey take a swing at another park, I know they aren't really an amusement park centered company, but I love the park. It is so well maintained and the atmosphere is great. Not only this, but Hershey really seems devoted to keeping its classic rides in tip top shape. We've seen Comet getting its crooked lift hill fixed (although I kinda liked it). Sidewinder got new trains. Sooperdooperlooper got new trains and kept with the lapbars. Wildcat got new trains. If you look at then as a whole they haven't removed a coaster in decades. I love that dedication. I hate going to a park with all new rides I love having a wide variety of classics and new rides it enhances the experience. This is part of the reason why I used to love Great Adventure, but in the past decade I have lost faith in the park. 

I would LOVE to see this happen, Hershey Park is my 2nd favorite park. They just did so many things well with that place. Great food, great looking park & great rides.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

ok how do I actually post a gif here? lol

That requires a Premium Membership.   Cheapskate.

(the easiest way is to download the image and use Clippy)

Besides don’t you want KI to have the first multi-stage rocket launched coaster?  He would make Orion so much better.

In an ideal world I would choose an independent to run KI as their only business. No one treats a business better than an independent operator who would treat the park as his or her baby.

If I had to choose an existing amusement park company it would either be Herschend or Busch Parks/Sea World. I would probably lean towards Herschend since I believe their parks are more similar to KI than Sea World/Busch's parks are.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Mike Brown...

I hope people on here understand sarcasm

I've had fantasies about owning the Bengals and having the single-minded focus of championships while smashing the Steelers into irrelevance. Kinda like Jerry Jones except I'd bring in the best football minds to run the actual team...become the best community partner ever, etc. 

This thread makes me realize that I would love to forge KI in my own vision as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Highly confident we can assume @Maverick44 would choose Intamin.  

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Intamin Parks!

That sounds like a lot of downtime lol but high thrills lol.

I think id like if Busch Parks would take interest they still work with Intamin lol

Cedar Fair has my vote. I do NOT want DC themed anything.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

I've had fantasies about owning the Bengals and having the single-minded focus of championships while smashing the Steelers into irrelevance. Kinda like Jerry Jones except I'd bring in the best football minds to run the actual team...become the best community partner ever, etc. 

This thread makes me realize that I would love to forge KI in my own vision as well. 

Bengals win superbowl

Andy Dalton "Im going to Kings Island"

*misses*

• Like 1