I’m Writing the First KI History Book!

KIghostguy

9 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

I just read about the delay and I'm still very much looking forward to it! I just hope to get all the other books I plan to read done before it's out lol. But even if I don't, I'm still planning to buy it whenever it comes out! :D

Thank you! It may have been delayed, but the final book is going to be way better than if it was still following the original timeline.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Yes, I would love to get a signed copy as well. 

Will you be at an event somewhere signing books when released?

I love history books and especially those on amusement parks.

I’d love to do a book signing, but it’s a little difficult to arrange one given that I’m not sure at the moment if it will even be sold at the park.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

I’d love to do a book signing, but it’s a little difficult to arrange one given that I’m not sure at the moment if it will even be sold at the park.

Just set up a table in the parking lot and have people bring their copy with them. I'm sure the park won't mind at all

14 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

I recommend calling some bookstores. The one I worked for enjoyed having local authors promoting their work in the stores. The current situation might affect such things, but you should still give them a call. Community art and activity centers might be accommodating , as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Sounds like a great idea to have at park.   Sure they would love it.

I interviewed multiple people at both the park and corporate levels and they have been very supportive of the book. But the merchandise director has the final say, and although he said he was interested, I haven't heard back from him since January.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mikejenkins1 said:

I read on twitter yesterday he had issues with his publisher and now looking for a new one.    Sorry to hear.    Make sure to post lots when you get that deal and when the book will be for sale.

Thank you for the sympaththy. I'll keep everyone posted once there are more developments. 

• Like 3

On 9/4/2020 at 1:45 PM, jimlaheyscar said:

How much for a PDF copy? I want to read it. 

The standard retail price would have been $17.95 for a physical copy. However, that deal fell through, so I’m not sure what it will end up being. I will say that there are several parties that are currently interested.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

Might want to try Cincinnati Book Publishing as well if you haven't. They've published several local history books (Good Samaritan Hospital, the old Terrace Plaza Hotel, etc.) so they might be interested, especially given that they're local.

Thanks, I’ll be sure to check them out!

• Like 2