I’m Writing the First KI History Book!

KIghostguy

Haven't logged on in a while, so I just saw this...

Would just like to say that I'm excited as any, and have pre-ordered my copy!

Truly special to see the park's storied past finally done justice, and chronicled as thoroughly and comprehensively as it seems this book does.

Can't wait to take my Ride Through Time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2021 at 5:03 PM, CoastersRZ said:

That is when mine is expected to arrive as well.  Found it odd that it shipped from PA and was at a USPS distribution center in NJ, only to come back to Ohio!

Mine went to NJ first, too, but my ETA is 4/13. I can't wait!

Really glad to hear people have been receiving the book and enjoying it! Really exciting for me to see my book leap off a Google Doc and onto printed pages.

Check out the latest Coaster101 podcast to hear what it was like to write Kings Island: A Ride Through Time!

https://www.coaster101.com/2021/04/05/the-coaster101-podcast-kings-island-a-ride-through-time-with-author-evan-ponstingle/

• Like 2

My book arrived this week. Probably going to save it to read on vacation next month, but two big surprises: 

1.) This is a good-sized book. I anticipated maybe a short, 100-page quick read. This is fairly hefty, and browsing through it, it's comprehensive and very well written. Which led to my second surprise...

2.) @KIghostguyis super young! I always assumed he was someone who was around my age, who'd been involved with the park for decades. But he's a kid! And he wrote a good-sized book! I have a master's in communication and toiled over a 100-page thesis last year; he has a nearly 400-page history on Kings Island! I'm impressed! 

Major kudos, and I look forward to reading this! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cdubbs727 said:

My book arrived this week. Probably going to save it to read on vacation next month, but two big surprises: 

1.) This is a good-sized book. I anticipated maybe a short, 100-page quick read. This is fairly hefty, and browsing through it, it's comprehensive and very well written. Which led to my second surprise...

2.) @KIghostguyis super young! I always assumed he was someone who was around my age, who'd been involved with the park for decades. But he's a kid! And he wrote a good-sized book! I have a master's in communication and toiled over a 100-page thesis last year; he has a nearly 400-page history on Kings Island! I'm impressed! 

Major kudos, and I look forward to reading this! 

I’m glad I was able to surprise you. I hope the book’s contents are surprising as well!

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

It was so amazing to see my book on TV this morning! What a crazy feeling.

• Like 1