I’m Writing the First KI History Book!

KIghostguy

Just got my email yesterday saying the book was shipped,  can't wait!   I wonder how does this compare to other amusement and theme park books out there,  like the one's for Carowinds and Kings Dominions?   I listened to the podcast about the book and Evan said CP has one that ends in the 60's,  is that the only one for CP?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

I listened to the podcast about the book and Evan said CP has one that ends in the 60's,  is that the only one for CP?  

I would personally recommend Always Cedar Point by H. John Hildebrandt. It's an excellent memoir covering the author's career: 1974-2013. The Dick Kinzel biography is good as well, and covers his career at Cedar Point and Cedar Fair (1972-2012).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

The book came today, been reading it for awhile at page 63, enjoying it a lot.   Learning some new stuff about KI,  great book!!

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the book and learning some new information along the way!

• Like 2

I was supposed to receive my copy on the 5th then it said it would arrive on the 9th but didn't. It said it was still in transit. The latest update today said its on its in Cincinnati and should be here tomorrow finally. This has been frustrating but I'm just really excited to get this book. 

• Like 2

I have caved and ordered the book as well via Amazon. It should be here by the 19th according to my tracking. I am excited to read it, and add to my small-but-growing amusement park book collection that I have started (I have The Beast 2 by R.L. Stine and Always Cedar Point by John Hildebrandt already- so this book will be #3...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kyle100991 said:

I was supposed to receive my copy on the 5th then it said it would arrive on the 9th but didn't. It said it was still in transit. The latest update today said its on its in Cincinnati and should be here tomorrow finally. This has been frustrating but I'm just really excited to get this book. 

Mine arrived in Indianapolis on a Sunday, and did not hit my house until Wednesday. I don't know what they were doing with it since the hub is about 5 miles from my house. How packages get to their destination makes no sense sometimes.

13 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Mine arrived in Indianapolis on a Sunday, and did not hit my house until Wednesday. I don't know what they were doing with it since the hub is about 5 miles from my house. How packages get to their destination makes no sense sometimes.

That is weird. I live in the Dayton, Ohio area and even though it said it arrived in Cincinnati I still didn't get it today. Usually when something arrives in Cincy I get it the next day.

32 minutes ago, westcoaster said:

Incredibly well Written photigraphed book...Such a great read. Such an incredible Park that started at Coney and trailblazed into some Fields Noth of Cincinnati... 

Book is great and keep on keeping on ...with this talent. 

Thank you! I’m so glad you enjoyed the book. It’s truly an incredible park.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a copy at the Emporium yesterday in the park.  I don't normally like to read books but this will be a good read. I skimmed through the pages and looks like lots of good details in there. I'll start reading it after this weekend when I get home from my trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished the book today. I was very impressed with the level of detail and depth of the history. You didn't skip anything, you even included the bad things that have happened in the park. I was even more impressed to learn that you are a high school student who did all this work. I hope you got some good school credits for this. Maybe that even counted as your term paper. I'm hoping to attend that virtual event in the previous post. Hopefully maybe you can even do some updated editions in future years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2