Vortex Picture Contest!

IndyGuy4KI

So I went a bit overboard than I expected and took about 200 photos of Vortex on its last day of operations (and a few of Orion- when in Rome....).  I took some of the more typical photos, but I also went around the entire park and took photos from spots we see it and take it for granted.   There are some GLORIOUS spots that most people don't think of.  I'll post my money shot here, but I will be posting them elsewhere as well.  It was a real labor of love to really try to capture the ride in its relation to the park and its incomparable place in the park skyline.   I hope you enjoy them and reminisce well in viewing them.

Here's my favorite view- looking at Vortex at sunset as a train flies up the 2nd hill.  

P1100379.JPG

• Like 13

This is not an entry but thought I would share it. I was standing with Mike Koontz and Don Helbig on the Fast Lane bridge during the last public trains when I took this. This is the last public train after it was cleared and the crew did one final check. I think the photo expresses the moment pretty well. 

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

90289d69ba95acb31e091589e89d8318.jpg now just a memory from waking down the midway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my business Quality of a picture is important. But a feeling, or story back the photo all the way. And this my friend is a great picture. The sadness and calmness behind this pic is perfect man! Would you mind if i edited this and made it Black and White and make The Vortex sign in color? 

• Like 3

In my business Quality of a picture is important. But a feeling, or story back the photo all the way. And this my friend is a great picture. The sadness and calmness behind this pic is perfect man! Would you mind if i edited this and made it Black and White and make The Vortex sign in color? 

Sure. Go ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/10/2019 at 12:25 PM, TOPGUN1993 said:

GYUM2707.jpeg

With 47 Votes, @TOPGUN1993 is the winner of the Send Off Vortex picture contest! Congratulations.

Thanks to all who submitted their Vortex pictures. Vortex was one of the most photogenic coasters in the park and we will miss being able to get future shots of the ride.

• Like 7

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic