IndyGuy4KI

Vortex Picture Contest!

From 2011, I loved the new view of Vortex's lift hill that the WindSeeker area allowed you to see.  Someone probably has a much better, unobstructed shot like this...

IMG_0512.JPG

• Like 6

Here's one taken by your's truly in January of 2002...

img458.jpg

Not sure where I got this next one - but its incredible... (Not taken by me)

DyLJcQMXcAACK44.jpg

• Like 33

On 10/12/2019 at 12:17 AM, GregKelly71 said:

It is an awesome shot, but not sure how that’s fair. I guess “fair” is irrelevant since it isn’t in the rules. 

That's one reason I haven't posted my aerial pictures of Vortex. Wouldnt be fair to anyone. 

• Like 2

Taken yesterday. I will certainly miss the visual of Vortex. The ride experience? Not so much.

B68C1159-4C32-4FB7-9B9C-34573BF31C70.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

I took this in October 2018. I remember thinking it was the best sunset I’d ever seen at the park. 8f71b8521bcac4905a45ce5877afe8e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 17

Here is my second submission from this summer.   It is so strange that I felt the need to photograph Vortex this season, as there wasn't anything new about it.  

It's not the first time I've suddenly felt the urge to photograph something whose removal announcement followed soon after (swan lake, and the parking tolls come to mind).

If I post any obscure pics next season, you might want to pay attention!

IMG_2959.jpg

• Like 11

Photo request- if anyone could get a shot of a Vortex train flying up near the crest of the 2nd hill silhouetted against the sunset, I'd be very appreciative.  Preferably from the angle around Juke Box and The Vortex queue by the brake run.

I'll be bringing my good camera to its last day, so I may get it myself.  I also want some shots of it swooping by RT LaRosa's.  

• Like 4

Luckily, sunset will be occurring before the park closes on the 27th, so I'll be able to get some shots of it at sunset before it leaves.

• Like 1

26429275171_13c3fafbca_o.jpgAnd of course my favorite part of the entire ride. Back of the train is the place to be. Best drop in the park!

• Like 8

I believe this was taken in the Summer of 2012.  I was practicing photography using a "Tilt-Shift" technique with my camera.  I took photos from all angles on the Eiffel Tower that day with a lot of happy results.

This is my Vortex Photo I'm submitting.  

RIP Vortex.  

inbound2137107011191234793.jpg

• Like 16

Photo I got of Vortex ONLY THE BEST ARROW LOOPER in August. The ops were perfect for this great photo. You can see the iconic train going through the Batwing, but another train is in the second vertical loop!

63BDFF20-DA7F-4BE9-87AF-060BB746D021.jpeg

• Like 14