Six Flags Great America 2020

Good morning, 

Hope this isnt a thread already if it is then please move it to where it needs to be, so i am thinking about getting a Six Flags pass or membership for 2020. As SFGA is the closest to where i live. Any tips or tricks for this park? Any rides must ride first? 

Thanks! 

That is one Six Flags park that I am hoping to get to soon.  I have been to SFMM, SFoG, Six Flags St. Louis, and Six Flags Great Adventure.

I would say enjoy the park.  Six Flags parks are definitely different than Cedar Fair parks.  This park has a great collection of rides.  I am sure there is someone on here that has been to the park and can offer some better insights.

You will have to let us know what you think of the park once you make it there!

• Thanks 1

I went about a month ago and really liked that park. We went in and went to the left for we thought the B&M flyer would get a long line and have slow loading times like Firehawk, and that was not the case. Good load times and throughput. 

If I were to do that trip over, I would have went to the right first and rode Maxx Force first. Do ride their Kiddie coasters for they are good too. Whizzer was a lot of fun and a don't miss.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

We went 2 years ago and thought it was the most un Six Flags park we had been to.  What I mean by that is the ride ops were good, the food wasn't bad, the park looked good and the employees seemed to care.  Needless to say we were very impressed and had a great day. 

There are more coasters there than you might think at first.  The original Batman the Ride was great, Joker is pretty unique, X-flight is my second favorite wing coaster after Thunderbird.  The wooden racing coaster was the surprise for me.  It was lots of fun.  Raging Bull has gotten lots of hate but i thought it was a smooth, powerful and fun ride, just a little light on the airtime.  Also Whizzer was very unique and a great family ride.  The park does have several clones they they are all fun rides.

We stayed at a hotel across the street.  It looked like you could walk to the park if you wanted.  Also at the same highway exit is a Giordano's pizza so you cant go wrong there!  Just time your drive to avoid Chicago rush hour traffic.  Its awful.

Have a great time!

50 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

That is one Six Flags park that I am hoping to get to soon.  I have been to SFMM, SFoG, Six Flags St. Louis, and Six Flags Great Adventure.

I would say enjoy the park.  Six Flags parks are definitely different than Cedar Fair parks.  This park has a great collection of rides.  I am sure there is someone on here that has been to the park and can offer some better insights.

You will have to let us know what you think of the park once you make it there!

6 minutes ago, goettablitz said:

We went 2 years ago and thought it was the most un Six Flags park we had been to.  What I mean by that is the ride ops were good, the food wasn't bad, the park looked good and the employees seemed to care.  Needless to say we were very impressed and had a great day. 

There are more coasters there than you might think at first.  The original Batman the Ride was great, Joker is pretty unique, X-flight is my second favorite wing coaster after Thunderbird.  The wooden racing coaster was the surprise for me.  It was lots of fun.  Raging Bull has gotten lots of hate but i thought it was a smooth, powerful and fun ride, just a little light on the airtime.  Also Whizzer was very unique and a great family ride.  The park does have several clones they they are all fun rides.

We stayed at a hotel across the street.  It looked like you could walk to the park if you wanted.  Also at the same highway exit is a Giordano's pizza so you cant go wrong there!  Just time your drive to avoid Chicago rush hour traffic.  Its awful.

Have a great time!

16 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I went about a month ago and really liked that park. We went in and went to the left for we thought the B&M flyer would get a long line and have slow loading times like Firehawk, and that was not the case. Good load times and throughput. 

If I were to do that trip over, I would have went to the right first and rode Maxx Force first. Do ride their Kiddie coasters for they are good too. Whizzer was a lot of fun and a don't miss.

Have fun!

thank you all very much!! really appreciate it.