Cedar Point 2020 visit thoughts?

We are looking at Cedar Point as our 2020 vacation. Right now we have gold passes for KI and will upgrade to platinum if things still look good for vacation. We are going back and forth on how many days to spend, because husband likes to take "breaks" midday (read as sleep). So far I plan to stay at Breakers so it's easier on him and 11yo likes water parks so that's a day itself IMO. We will be checking in July 10th so part of it will be during the weekend no matter how many days. Is 4 days enough if we want multiple coaster rides? I've seen ppl say 2 days, but we spend 2 days at KI with breaks and it doesn't seem enough lol.

May seem early to plan but I have to put vacation requests around January if I want guaranteed approval at work. :unsure:

A lot of it depends on what time of year and what days in the week you're going.  I usually go 2 days when I do CP and I try to go in early June in the middle of the week for the more relaxing crowds where the lines are short and you can take your time.  With breaks, I could probably say that 3 days would be ideal- you can get in what you want to do and take your time with breaks and you don't spend more time than you'd want, at least as an estimation.  There's a lot of good beaches along Lake Erie that are good to relax at.  

July is when CP starts to get really busy but isn’t terrible most weekdays.  4 days should be plenty to get multiple rerides in and have some waterpark/beach time considering you will have 1 hour early entry with the PP.  When we drive up for the day and want waterpark we typically get to CPS at 10:30 for early entry and then leave about 2 and chill in the car for an hour then head to the dry park.  IMO CPS is not as good as SC@KI except for the Action River.  

Personally I would rather stay off-site and put that $200/night savings into FL+ for Saturday especially as you will have a PP and at CP you can get FL+ for FL price.  After hearing how bad service has fallen this year at Breakers $300/night for dirty rooms would really cheese me off. (they can’t properly staff it).  Having a close by room for naps would be nice however the car with AC is good enough for me. 

You will walk a lot more at CP than KI so make sure you family practices proper foot care and gets moleskin on any hotspots immediately.  Carry some with you and know where the 2 First Aid stations are located.  4 days of 8-10 mile days is a lot.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

July is when CP starts to get really busy but isn’t terrible most weekdays.  

Having a close by room for naps would be nice however the car with AC is good enough. 

Only reason I've picked July is I want to celebrate my 40th birthday there since I've never done celebrations for myself lol

As far as the hotel, being within walking distance means he won't push himself too much and have an asthma attack because he's too stubborn to go rest because of us.

I recently had to start back up with asthma meds after being off for 8 years, the allergies are starting get back bad for me again.  FA will store any meds for your husband, you just have to pick which one.  :)

Try and budget FL+ for Saturday or if you are considering a beach day do it then.   If you can’t pull that off, Saturday would be good time for your daughter to do the quests at Forbidden Frontier.  My boys spent several hours doing that.  

Cedar Point doesn't have as many buildings to cool of in hot weather. Kings Island has the theater, Boo Blasters, Flight of Fear, Festhouse and 3 water rides in the dry park to Cedar Points 2. If its hot and busy get a fastlane so you are not standing in lines getting overheated. Get a Drink pass.

Also AC in the car isn't an option for me since I drive a stick and the e-brake does not hold the car in neutral. I also have a nasty rattle in neutral due to the car being old and the bearing being worn out.