Kings Island October 12 2019 (10-12-2019) with VortexBFForever

Daisy1380#

I know I am writing this trip report a little bit later, but I have been extremely busy with college at Murray State University in Murray Kentucky, and I finally have a break to write this.

When I last visited Kings Island in August of 2019 (I went with my best friend VortexBFForever on that trip and all other trips to Kings Island), we both agreed that I need to go back for the fall season, but with Vortex closing after this season, I had to go back. I decided to go back to not only ride Vortex a couple more times, but to support VortexBFForever, as she has ridden Vortex over 1,000 times (she will miss Vortex greatly).

It was a long journey to get to Kings Island from Nashville, it took me about four and a half hours, and traffic to get into the park was horrendous (I got to the park around eleven thirty and was able to park at about eleven forty five). Parking was such a nightmare that I told my dad that I had never seen parking be this crazy at any amusement park in my life, which includes Disney world. I was given instructions to message VortexBFForever when I got into the park, which I did, and I was concerned when I didn’t receive an answer. I was also worried that Vortex would not run, as I didn’t see it running when I parked, but thankfully both things I was worried about were fixed quickly (I have general anxiety disorder so I worry easily but I am medicated for it).

After waiting about five minutes for a message, VortexBFForever messaged me saying she would be one of the first rider of Vortex that day, and I hurried to Vortex expecting a short line. When I got to Vortex, I didn’t see VortexBFForever (how did I miss her and a dragon named Toothless), and the line extended to the gate near The Vortex line. I messaged her saying I would wait near the exit of Vortex, where I quickly realized she was near the front of the gate I mentioned earlier, and we talked before her Vortex train went off. When she got off Vortex, I let her get her funpix photo, and then gave her a massive hug. She really enjoyed that hug, along with me telling her I’m sorry, as I know you will miss Vortex a lot.

For the uninitiated, VortexBFForever has ridden Vortex over 1,000 times, and it was her first coaster with a loop in it. She conquered a fear of going upside down on it, she made it my first ride at Kings Island on October 28 2018, and I am forever grateful for Vortex and VortexBFForever. Vortex holds a special place in my heart, but it is extremely important to VortexBFForever, and I am devastated by the removal of Vortex.

After the hug, we headed to the front to get our Fast Lane plus, which she had won for winning a contest at work with all the crews of Kings Island. We then rode Vortex first, which I was nervous until the first drop, and then I had an amazing time! I sat in the first train second row on the left side for my first ride of the day on Vortex, which was rougher than the very front, but it was still fairly smooth. The rest of The Vortex rides of the day went wonderful as well, but I actually lost count of my Vortex rides, but thankfully VortexBFForever kept track (as she always does with her phone that she then transfers to an excel spreadsheet).

One of the main reasons other than Vortex that I am writing this trip report is for conquering a fear of heights on roller coasters, as I rode Diamondback for the first time, and I have one word to describe it: EPIC. I never thought a coaster over 200 feet could be so much fun!

After riding many rides that day, I had to head home, and VortexBFForever had to work. I told her at the end: “I know I am five and a half hours away from Mason Ohio, but I am ready to drive to you if I have to, and I hope everything gets better for you.” The final photo I took of the day made me tear up, it showed Vortex dwarfed by Diamondback, but it showed the skyline will be completely different at Kings Island.

To quote some Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear: “And on that bombshell it is time to end.” Here’s to the memories of Vortex, I always dedicated shots of alcohol to memories of the lost, and Vortex will be included in the list. Attached to this post are the photos I took that day.

Thanks, Daisy1380#.

99c68fd9a03f006f443fe4f6d07282fd.jpg

355f6425d5100ed63c3860c2e3e4dd21.jpg

92eeb888c1910f6502e1b29605c460b9.jpg

41409b6d403fd0ae738cf842f978b5f7.jpg

90e34017bb52971277138067aff7d5ba.jpg

df4506a6edc9e196c147d34cbb81c003.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5