Sesame Place San Diego to Open in 2021

There is a new Sesame Place park opening in 2021 called Sesame Place San Diego and it will have various rides, shows, and other fun attractions. More details will be released soon.

https://sesameplace.com/san-diego/about-the-park/

I will update on this in the future and if any of you find any updates, please post them!

So bizarre to have adult/teen water slides themed to Elmo. I’m curious if they see a decline in those markets, I just have a hard time seeing teenagers say “let’s go to Sesame Place and ride the Cookie Monster!”. Maybe I’m over estimating how much of a market share that group of people currently represent.

Of course, a lot of little kids in the Sesame Street demographic probably have older brothers & sisters, so it may help even out the offerings for them.

In full disclosure, I do work for the company and these are just my thoughts—not representing those of the organization

On one hand, I think building out this park with rides along with the Sesame Street brand could be a really successful endeavor.  On the other hand, I think it's really strange that they are dropping rides into the existing park instead of adding an additional area.  Not sure how that's going to work.

https://sesameplace.com/san-diego/about-the-park/

SPSD Aerial Image 660x330.jpg