Orion and Fast pass

Fishleehooker

So I am thinking of getting either a Season Fast Pass Plus or a All Parks Season Fast Lane plus. I contacted the park to get info and they were very quick and very helpful. But the person did not know if Orion was gonna be on Fast pass or Fast pass plus.  Then she mentions supplies are running out fast. LOL  This is likely all true. But IF they do not put Orion on Fast pass, Orion would take so much of the lines for the other rides like Banshee, DB, Mystic, or Beast that getting a Fast pass that doesn't include Orion would almost be pointless.  If the season fast pass sells out, that just means I am sure not to visit as often and would feel like I could go do a visit to Holiday World, Dollyworld and the like. If I have a fast pass for the season at KI or all Cedar Fair, then you know I won't be going to any non Cedar Fair parks this season.   Its a conundrum.  I feel its in Cedar Fairs best interest for money to figure this one out. I would think Orion is gonna be included in that, but how can they sell next seasons product on Fast Lane without this key bit of info?  Any ideas or info that might help here?  The idea of a season FLP pass to ride Orion whenever really strikes my fancy.  This would mean a LOT of La Rosas too. 

That is what I am thinking too. I just can't believe that they haven't decided or announced it yet.   I am really kinda wanting the Cedar Fair wide one, but not sure if I would go to the others all that much with KI offering such great rides, and much better waits than Cedar Point.  I would like to visit Carowinds and/ or Kings Dominion though.  And I am sure I will go to Cedar Point 1-5 times, depending on those lines and my fast pass decision.  And of course, like most things, I am way overthinking this.  Also...when does KI usually open for the year and do we all anticipate Orion's first day close to that opening?  I know some of those will just be guesses of course. Thanks for the help so far!

Peronally think they would just add Orion and leave KMAA. If they bump it to Fast Lane it cuts out visitors under 48" from needing Fast Lane+ because it's the only ride for under that height unless the waterpark is open. Then it only works for kids over 40". Financially it's more $$$ for the park.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Peronally think they would just add Orion and leave KMAA. If they bump it to Fast Lane it cuts out visitors under 48" from needing Fast Lane+ because it's the only ride for under that height unless the waterpark is open. Then it only works for kids over 40". Financially it's more $$$ for the park.

As someone who works in a department that sells Fast Lane in the park it is very rare for someone to buy a Fast Lane plus for someone under 48, 9 times out of 10 they buy them the regular Fast Lane

How much is the All Park Fast Lane + season pass?  I don't remember seeing it as an add-on when I upgraded to the Platinum passes last month.  Figure if I go to Cedar Point a few times next year it's kind of a necessity. Wait time on Steel Vengeance even with Fast Lane + is ridiculous. 

48 minutes ago, Glassjaw said:

Ah I found it on Cedar Points website. $849 a pop.  Hot diggity dog that's steep.  

It really is...I'm crunching the numbers and keep coming up with just getting the season fast plus at KI and getting Fast Lane plus for fast line prices whenever I go to CP, which likely will be 2-3 times. If I go 3 times it almost makes sense, but even then its kind of a push.  

Cedar Point Fast Lane Plus is $150 on Saturdays. I think Kings Island is close to a 100 and I think Carowinds was 95. So the All Season pays for itself fast if you go on weekends a lot like I do or plan on making a lot of Haunt trips. With that said I feel like I get a much better value for my money everywhere but Cedar Point. They sell too many of them and even Steel Vengeance FL+ can be over an hour. Next year with the new gold and all chain passes it may be worse. Kings Island and Carowinds Fast Lane lines were short all year when I went on weekends and holidays.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Cedar Point Fast Lane Plus is $150 on Saturdays. I think Kings Island is close to a 100 and I think Carowinds was 95. So the All Season pays for itself fast if you go on weekends a lot like I do or plan on making a lot of Haunt trips. With that said I feel like I get a much better value for my money everywhere but Cedar Point. They sell too many of them and even Steel Vengeance FL+ can be over an hour. Next year with the new gold and all chain passes it may be worse. Kings Island and Carowinds Fast Lane lines were short all year when I went on weekends and holidays.

Yeah thats another part I am weighing on too.  I usually avoid Saturdays at KI and definitely will at CP.  I tend to do Fri or Sun or even weekdays.  Those Fast Lane passes are easier to swallow.  My Fast Lane plus ride wait time at CP was right under an hour. It wasn't terrible but not great either. Not like at Kings Island. 

Last spring I bought all season Kings Island Fast Lane for $550. I used it 10 times. In Aug I bought all season Fast Lane for the whole chain at $849. I bought 2 sat fast lanes at Cedar Point and 1 at Carowinds this year. My days off are Friday and Saturday so that combined with Orion makes it worth it to me.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

849 is the price I paid through Kings Island. So if that is the Wonderland price too then there is no discount.

There is though because a US dollar is worth 1.31 Canadian. That's a pretty hefty savings even with the sales tax being more than double what it is in Mason.

• Like 1