Webcam Outage Discussion

JonahWilliamson

55 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Agreed.  If that happens, I'd take every statement from KI PR with a grain of salt forever.

You should always take any corporate statement with a grain of salt, not limited to just KI.  A statement is likely true at that exact point in time, but they are under no obligation to issue corrections to that statement as situations change.  Also a statement not a deposition.

Remember after Dino closed the park said there were no future plans to use that area.  However not sure how that squares with the often touted on this forum 5 year planning timeframe for a coaster.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I am also surprised Kings Island hasn't been more active on their social media with pictures of the construction progress. I gave the park the benefit of the doubt about the webcams being down, assuming it was out of their control (probably foolishly so). But if I were them, you best believe I would be active on social media sharing the progress.

Have to admit I am a little disappointed with the effort it appears they are putting in from our perspective. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I am also surprised Kings Island hasn't been more active on their social media with pictures of the construction progress. I gave the park the benefit of the doubt about the webcams being down, assuming it was out of their control (probably foolishly so). But if I were them, you best believe I would be active on social media sharing the progress.

Have to admit I am a little disappointed with the effort it appears they are putting in from our perspective. 

Its a "Giga" no need to create excitement. They gave us what we wanted why should they do anymore? /s

1 hour ago, PilotDude said:

Its a "Giga" no need to create excitement. They gave us what we wanted why should they do anymore? /s

Im not throwing a fit over it, but I assumed they would be more present online. Even for their own sake, more publicity = hopefully more sales for them.

And from a marketing standpoint, there is always more excitement to be built up. The whole point of Orion is to make money. I guarantee you next year Kings Island's commercials will feature Orion, and based off you statement, that wouldn't be necessary. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

Well...when I looked at the Weatherbug camera early this morning I saw all kinds of power going to it. Weird huh? <_<

And it wouldnt explain last year. Cams were always on. And software updates wouldnt take this long, unless they are on a system from the 1800's. Cant KI just be honest with us? Something still smells funny...

• Like 5

Entitled KI enthusiast: We want a giga!

KI: Orion coming 2020

Entitled KI enthusiast: it's not a real giga.

KI: Starts construction

Entitled KI enthusiast: yes omg let's name cranes.

KI: shuts down webcams

Entitled KI enthusiast: KI dropped the ball...

SMH your really going to complain over a webcam? The park shut it down for 1 of these 3 reasons.

1. Tower lighting

2. System upgrades

3. Safety

Get over it.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

The park shut it down for 1 of these 3 reasons.

Source?

3 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

SMH your really going to complain over a webcam?

It's some users only way to enjoy/view the construction. 

4 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Get over it.

Exactly. We are allowed to politely voice our annoyances. Get over it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KingsMills79 said:

This is all very perplexing, Carowinds uses the Skytower for their Christmas tree lights and that is "exactly" where the Fury 325 cams were positioned, yet they were never out (not even once) during the entire build of 325.:angry:

Perhaps the contractor or the builder hated it when they did Fury. I HATE when people are staring across my back when I work. Then you add in they are questioning why this why that.  Hey Bob Ross....why ya putting that white in the cloud instead of that white? It takes you out of your zone a little.   I don't really think that is why, but its certainly possible.

6 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

Perhaps the contractor or the builder hated it when they did Fury. I HATE when people are staring across my back when I work. Then you add in they are questioning why this why that.  Hey Bob Ross....why ya putting that white in the cloud instead of that white? It takes you out of your zone a little.   I don't really think that is why, but its certainly possible.

Doubt it. Skyhigh coasters actually put out a picture of the base of the lift hill (below) then removed it after it was shared. . I asked them if they wanted it removed or if KI wanted it removed. No answer. Seems like KI doesnt want good pics out of Orion unless THEY do it. 

Screenshot_20190923-232432_Discord.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

We have different construction workers from Fury. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonahWilliamson said:

We have different construction workers from Fury. 

Then that almost makes more sense though.  This contractor might hate it. He or she might also hate the idea of a worker getting hurt on camera.  

I think its just bad timing and not some conspiracy though conspiracies are fun. 

I think it’s now clear why these are down. After the weather bug (or whatever the camera name on I Street) was turned off, and what six just said, I don’t think Kings Island wants pictures of Orion at the moment. 

I don’t understand this strategy at all. 

@Fishleehooker if that was the case, I don’t think a camera would be directed toward construction on the first place. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Doubt it. Skyhigh coasters actually put out a picture of the base of the lift hill (below) then removed it after it was shared. . I asked them if they wanted it removed or if KI wanted it removed. No answer. Seems like KI doesnt want good pics out of Orion unless THEY do it. 

Screenshot_20190923-232432_Discord.jpg

I doubt it too, thats why said it twice! :) But I do know that I hate when someone, even family, watches me too much while working.  It feels weird for some reason.  

• Like 2