Webcam Outage Discussion

JonahWilliamson

1 minute ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I think it’s now clear why these are down. After the weather bug (or whatever the camera name on I Street) was turned off, and what six just said, I don’t think Kings Island wants pictures of Orion at the moment. 

I don’t understand this strategy at all. 

@Fishleehooker if that was the case, I don’t think a camera would be directed toward construction on the first place. 

Yeah I've said now 3 times I don't think that is the case. Only that it is a possibility. You don't think that's possible? I give it a 5% chance myself.  Anyway...who really cares!? :) I need to figure out if Orion is included in next season's fast pass!?  

• Thanks 1

The park doesn't owe you an explanation of what they do. Why are enthusiast so entitled and think that they are the only ones who visit the park? Maybe they want to have it topped as a surprise this weekend? Either way stop acting like you guys know what's best for the park. They have got it covered. The coaster is gonna be there one way or another, so is it worth it to complain and make the reputation of this site worse? Be patient. Go outside, and better yet if you need a fix that bad sit outside the park.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

The park doesn't owe you an explanation of what they do. Why are enthusiast so entitled and think that they are the only ones who visit the park? Maybe they want to have it topped as a surprise this weekend? Either way stop acting like you guys know what's best for the park. They have got it covered. The coaster is gonna be there one way or another, so is it worth it to complain and make the reputation of this site worse? Be patient. Go outside, and better yet if you need a fix that bad sit outside the park.

You sure act like you know what is best for the park. :ph34r:

Btw, just think... the GP also watch the cams. Us "enthusiasts" dont have our own private cameras. If we did, your post would be applicable. 

On edit: Look at the amount of GP comments on their social media channels about the cams being down. That's not really a good impression. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Who is saying they know what’s what for the park? I’m just stating the thoughts going through my head. Trust me I’m not in the fetal position refreshing the webcam. It doesn’t bother me. I just find it odd. 

Also not saying I know what’s best, I frequently say I don’t know much at all on topics discussed on this site. 

I have a life and a lot of activities in my life, but also one of my hobbies is this. So insinuating we should go outside makes you look like a fool. 

• Like 1

Just now, spooky21 said:

Again. And i cant stress this enough...

Easyyyyyy spooky boi. Easssyy now. You getting that upset over us complaining about the issue is the exact same thing. Breath brother. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Gotta be careful speaking for The Park, , if it aint official it aint uttered, gotta be unified. /s

I'm upset you guys can't start your own post about a camera. Filling this thread with your thoughts and opinions is clutter. Just like this post, but apparently no one sees that. How many times can we talk about a camera or a crane and not get updates about actual construction. Go through the last 5 pages and see how much on here relates to actual construction and then how much is nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spooky21 said:

I'm upset you guys can't start your own post about a camera. Filling this thread with your thoughts and opinions is clutter. Just like this post, but apparently no one sees that. How many times can we talk about a camera or a crane and not get updates about actual construction. Go through the last 5 pages and see how much on here relates to actual construction and then how much is nothing.

Well until we have a camera or the park is open we have zero updates about construction. Would you rather everyone sits in silence till this weekend? And then what after the park closes for the year? Can't post pictures that were taken via legal means to update the construction. I guess the only option is to watch Instagram waiting for an "official" update. 

Don't know about y'all but I am super hyped. /s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

Well until we have a camera or the park is open we have zero updates about construction. Would you rather everyone sits in silence till this weekend? And then what after the park closes for the year? Can't post pictures that were taken via legal means to update the construction. I guess the only option is to watch Instagram waiting for an "official" update. 

Don't know about y'all but I am super hyped. /s

There have been several post since the cameras have gone down that have shown construction progress and there will continue to be photos of construction with or without the camera. There’s no need to keep beating this dead horse & flooding this thread complaining & debating about the camera. If you want to keep doing that then it’d be better in my opinion to create a thread and discuss it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

I'm not speaking for the park. I'm stating they know how to handle this.

IMHO I am not sure they know how to handle this. Having some PR background silence is the worst thing they could do. This is prime time to sell passes for next year. They should be wanting to hype this coaster up, but instead its silence.  They have one of their most loyal groups upset, the people who spend all day watching webcams and looking at blue prints are the same people who tell their friends and family about this awesome new coaster. "Hey look how big this coaster is! It even drops into a ravine and follows the terrain just like Beast!" Instead it is "Yeah they are building something new, but I can't show you it since it all has to be done in secret. But check out this awesome video from another park of how they built there new giga." "Yeah I know it is weird all the other parks had webcams and didn't suffer the same blackout, but it might be an "update" or maybe just a power outage, don't know cause the story keeps changing"  Which one is going to do more to build hype and sell passes? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Don't you guys have anything else of interest to do while waiting for the cams to go back up?  Is asking for patience too hard to ask for? 

These 2 questions are both rhetorical and genuine questions. 

I get wanting to watch Orion go up, but I also get I could be doing anything else when I know I can't watch them besides berate the park and the mods.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Don't you guys have anything else of interest to do while waiting for the cams to go back up?  Is asking for patience too hard to ask for? 

I get wanting to watch Orion go up, but I also get I could be doing anything else when I know I can't watch them besides berate the park and the mods.

I think it is more of, people do not like being lied to, especially when it is obvious. Does the park owe anyone an explanation? No, but stop with the excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

Perhaps the contractor or the builder hated it when they did Fury. I HATE when people are staring across my back when I work. Then you add in they are questioning why this why that.  Hey Bob Ross....why ya putting that white in the cloud instead of that white? It takes you out of your zone a little.   I don't really think that is why, but its certainly possible.

Skyhigh coasters also did not put up Fury. It was Mosley Erecting

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

Whats your point?

You said wrong information and I am correcting you.  You said "Perhaps the contractor or the builder hated it when they did Fury. I HATE when people are staring across my back when I work."

That is my point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Someone explain this park lying thing to me because I genuinely don't understand where you guys are coming from.  Nothing the park has said has lead me to believe they are falsifying anything.  

They said the cams were down due to software update, and it would take a few days. It was then posted a few pages ago that they are now saying it is due to the power being shut off on the tower so workers could install lighting.

1 minute ago, kissfan4 said:

They said the cams were down due to software update, and it would take a few days. It was then posted a few pages ago that they are now saying it is due to the power being shut off on the tower so workers could install lighting.

So why can't both be true at the same time?  Like they got a software update in before they shut off power to work on the Winterfest lighting.  That seems very plausible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Because the tower has running elevators and lights on at the top of the tower. 

And....what?

You guys need to walk this whole thing from point A to point B for me, because so far, these arguments hold no water.  Go for long posts, make all of what you guys think are the 'logical' connections.  I got the time. 

• Like 1

Kings Island has been dropping the ball a lot lately in terms of PR. Just tell people what your doing, if it’s because of liability with the contractor or something out of their hands just say that but no software update in the history of software takes a week or more. Now it’s a power outage? How about a battery backup? It’s clear they don’t want the GP watching the construction so just say that.

It’s entitlement to complain about getting a $30 million investment, it’s not entitlement to complain about Vortex getting removed with only a few weeks of notice and to simultaneously desire people to be hyped for Orion but then not let us see it being built like the last few rides have. That’s a failure in expectations that they themselves have set.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1.  Does the tower have separate power sources for the elevator and lighting since the lighting is additional?

2. Can't they go up the elevator, turn off the power, do what they need to, turn on the power, go down the elevator, etc?

EDIT: 3. Aren't there stairs?

• Like 1