Webcam Outage Discussion

JonahWilliamson

Just now, silver2005 said:

1.  Does the tower have separate power sources for the elevator and lighting since the lighting is additional?

2. Can't they go up the elevator, turn off the power, do what they need to, turn on the power, go down the elevator, etc?

That's a lot of stress on the breakers, so unlikely.

I do think it's funny when I go by every morning, there are 4 bright spot lights on the top of the tower, plus the "eyes" are on.  Might be a different power circuit from the uplighting and webcams, but I would think they would want all of the power off, but I'm just an armchair construction individual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

There have been several post since the cameras have gone down that have shown construction progress and there will continue to be photos of construction with or without the camera. There’s no need to keep beating this dead horse & flooding this thread complaining & debating about the camera.

Hey. We need to get this thread above 287 pages before the lift hill is topped off...

• Like 2

The cams are down, so they are down. Its just a coincidence that its at the same time as the lift hill erection and KI is not hiding anything. Recall they said construction was actually ahead of schedule due to the dry weather, so when KI had the planned outage of the cams for Winterfest preparation they probably assumed the bulk of the lift hill would be being placed after Winterfest prep on ET is done and the cams are back up. So no one in their right mind would tell the contractor (any contractor) to hold off a bit on the erection a week so it can be captured on the webcams --- any ammunition for the contractor to file a claim for delay later should be avoided at all costs.

To the comments that the contractors do not like being watched by the cameras? they absolutely do not care. The real watchers are on site and the construction is being well-documented.  If they screw up during the erection process --- in comes OSHA

(EDIT:  The park probably wants more folks to buy 2020 passes after 10/27 when the prices go up, so that is what the lift hill topping was pegged for early Nov)

2 hours ago, spooky21 said:

Entitled KI enthusiast: We want a giga!

KI: Orion coming 2020

Entitled KI enthusiast: it's not a real giga.

KI: Starts construction

Entitled KI enthusiast: yes omg let's name cranes.

KI: shuts down webcams

Entitled KI enthusiast: KI dropped the ball...

SMH your really going to complain over a webcam? The park shut it down for 1 of these 3 reasons.

1. Tower lighting

2. System upgrades

3. Safety

Get over it.

Who are you to tell us to get over it?  You're no more important than any of us, nor does your opinion matter more.  So stop acting like you are.  Quit worrying about everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

You said wrong information and I am correcting you.  You said "Perhaps the contractor or the builder hated it when they did Fury. I HATE when people are staring across my back when I work."

That is my point.

OK. Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a gold star. 

Even if the park did make a miscalculation on this, what does this really affect?  How many people outside enthusiasts, which aren't even 1% of their demographics, does this really bother?  

A vast majority of non-enthusiasts are okay with those explanations.  There's a lot of unfounded anger from you guys with this as you really aren't seeing the large picture, mainly because there is no large picture because we're doing all this over a few webcams, which are pretty low on the park's priority list.  I guarantee if you take this to an average person or the media, they'll scoff at the notion.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

OK. Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a gold star. 

Well someone has to make sure wrong information doesn't spread like wildfire. So yes thank you I will pat myself on the back. It's not hard to use google btw!

• Thanks 2

This ****'s hilarious.  

You have those of us who actually pay attention to the construction cam complaining about it, and rightfully so because of the conflicting information we're getting/seeing, and then you have three fly-by posters that very rarely contribute to this thread, complaining about the posters complaining.  Get over it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Yeah, there's stairs on the Tower.....but its quite a hike up to the top!

And its not like the maintenance crews routinely go up and down stairs all the time.

Oh wait...

I think I made my point in there being a lot of holes in these lie accusations towards the park.  No one can really string all these separate parts together it seems.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

This ****'s hilarious.  

You have those of us who actually pay attention to the construction cam complaining about it, and rightfully so because of the conflicting information we're getting/seeing, and then you have three fly-by posters that very rarely contribute to this thread, complaining about the posters complaining.  Get over it.

You’re not entitled to it and yet your posts are nothing but complaining about it. Some of us don’t post a lot but we read nonetheless. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

This ****'s hilarious.  

You're right. This whole thread is a joke. 90% is useless info. Fly by posters huh? You guys crack me up. Taking this way to seriously. Might be best for some of you to get a life, if your so worried about seeing it topped off then drive there.

Just now, silver2005 said:

And its not like the maintenance crews routinely go up and down stairs all the time.

Oh wait...

I think I made my point in there being a lot of holes in these lie accusations towards the park.  No one can really string all these separate parts together it seems.  

Okay im literally spelling it out.

They said they needed software updates.

Ive worked for live tv, video studios, music studios. Ive never seen a 6 day update. Kinda weird right... Well shiney grey as Billie Mays once said "WAIT THERES MORE"

They then change the story up to shutting off power. The elevators have been running. The lights at the top of the tower are on. AND NOT JUST THE AVIATION FLASHY LIGHT THING (Six what are those called. Btw) The actual lights. Now i dont know how your electric works but when mines off the lights dont usually come up right.

KI also has a track record of taking cams down of any risk so nothing gets caught on video. This is what i think is happening. But last but not least

we wish the park would just come out and say that. Theres the string you following like a cat now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wish I lived close to the park or i'd be there and try to live stream for a bit. The advantage of having unlimited date! If someone wants to contribute who lives closer and go live stream lol I won't be mad at ya!

We will overcome this! #KICSTRONG :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JonahWilliamson said:

Okay im literally spelling it out.

They said they needed software updates.

Ive worked for live tv, video studios, music studios. Ive never seen a 6 day update. Kinda weird right... Well shiney grey as Billie Mays once said "WAIT THERES MORE"

They then change the story up to shutting off power. The elevators have been running. The lights at the top of the tower are on. AND NOT JUST THE AVIATION FLASHY LIGHT THING (Six what are those called. Btw) The actual lights. Now i dont know how your electric works but when mines off the lights dont usually come up right.

KI also has a track record of taking cams down of any risk so nothing gets caught on video. This is what i think is happening. But last but not least

we wish the park would just come out and say that. Theres the string you following like a cat now?

But why are you framing it as 'changing the story'?   Both those events can happen one after the other.  

The park knew they'd shut down the webcams eventually for the tower plans, so they upgraded software before they turned off the power, so they did and said they did both. 

The part that you said you don't know all about how electrical things work makes me take your argument with a grain of salt, so all this speculation on a lie is just that- speculation.  You have no proof beyond what you think you know, to which even you admit isn't enough to come to a conclusion.   You guys are getting in a fuss about speculation with no solid proof.  This notion should be dead in the water.  

And again, even if the park miffed this up- who does it affect that this would hurt the park.  Only enthusiasts are watching the cams and keeping up with this stuff to even have a single iota of what is going on.  

You guys are just stirring up a drama pot at this point.    

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

You're right. This whole thread is a joke. 90% is useless info. Fly by posters huh? You guys crack me up. Taking this way to seriously. Might be best for some of you to get a life, if your so worried about seeing it topped off then drive there.

Bro Bro you are upset about us talking about the cams. Are you fr? Like look what you saying please. Guess what my guy you taking it just as serious if you need to tell us to stop cause your precious thread has "90%" useless info. Life? Lets talk life spookster Im doing great. Just got a really big company i have to shoot videos for and run there media. But like thats life the serious things. OUTSIDE THE THREAD None of this thread will effect life. Talking about the cams or not. You sir. Need to maybe re evaluate what life is cause it aint on here. but i guess us talking about the cams effecting your life so bad maybe its best we all do that so this dude does has a seizure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

But why are you framing it as 'changing the story'?   Both those events can happen one after the other.  

The park knew they'd shut down the webcams eventually for the tower plans, so they upgraded software before they turned off the power, so they did and said they did both. 

The part that you said you don't know all about how electrical things work makes me take your argument with a grain of salt, so all this speculation on a lie is just that- speculation.  You have no proof beyond what you think you know, to which even you admit isn't enough to come to a conclusion.   You guys are getting in a fuss about speculation with no solid proof.  This notion should be dead in the water.  

And again, even if the park miffed this up- who does it affect that this would hurt the park.  Only enthusiasts are watching the cams and keeping up with this stuff to even have a single iota of what is going on.  

Weird nobody was arguing untill yall showed up....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Only enthusiasts are watching the cams and keeping up with this stuff to even have a single iota of what is going on.  

That explains why the GP is commenting about the camera's being down... :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

You are helping stir it as well by commenting. 

Edited by sixohdieselrage
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but there was a time where you would just go to the park to see the progress from day-to-day (or in this case week-to-week). I know for the most part everyone is excited for Orion and want to see it topped off on the cams, but I guarantee that you’ll live if you don’t.

In the words of Aaron Rodgers: R-E-L-A-X. Relax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1