Webcam Outage Discussion

JonahWilliamson

23 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Weird nobody was arguing untill yall showed up....

You keep bringing it up and defending it as if you think I'm just going to take what you say at face value.  I don't agree with your stances on this and I am choosing to voice that as I think you guys spreading the park lying notion are in fact spreading the bad information.   I don't think you realize how much anyone can pick this stuff apart and find giant logical holes in this.  I'm having you spell it out on purpose so I can show how bad this argument is.  

At this point, I just think we're going to agree to disagree.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BeeastFarmer said:

Does anyone here remember if the park cut the power to the tower in order to transform it to a 314' Christmas tree in '18 or '17?

I do not know personally, but I do not see why they would do that because:

1. they need power to use the elevators to get to the 265ft level; and

2. they are stringing lights BELOW the cams....the cams are located above the cage on the 275ft level.....

But that's just my thoughts about it....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

You keep bringing it up and defending it as if you think I'm just going to take what you say at face value.  I don't think you realize how much anyone can pick this stuff apart and find giant logical holes in this.  I'm having you spell it out on purpose so I can show how bad this argument is.  

At this point, I just think we're going to agree to disagree.   

Dude. Its just speculation. Nobody here has a solid answer. POINT and CASE. Why cant we speculate without being told "Relax" Isnt the point of this thread to speculate and talk with people who have the similar interest. I dont have an answer thats right or wrong. Its all just a thought. Literally nobody was arguing till someone said relax youll live. No ****.  Maybe you cant take things at face value either. Do you know where we can sign up for classes on how to learn that?

• Like 2

I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone who is following this project to be disappointed in the webcams being down.  This is Kings Island's longest, tallest, and fastest steel coaster.  Kings Island may never build another coaster of this magnitude.  Sometimes we (myself included) take a lot of these larger coaster installations for granted.  We've had Diamondback (a world-class hyper), Banshee (a world-class inverted), Mystic Timbers (a world-class wooden coaster) and Orion (what will be a world-class giga) all within a just over 10-year timeframe.  How many other parks can we think of that has received these kinds of installations within that same timeframe?

The economy has been a tailwind during that time, but there's absolutely no guarantee that will continue to be the case moving forward.  Cedar Fair has already come out and said that these larger installations are likely going to slow down.  Kings Island is very unlikely to see this kind of marquee installation again for a LONG time, and as such, this is going to be their flagship coaster for a LONG time.  Missing out on seeing the progress of a coaster that we've all been (1) waiting for a long time to be built, (2) were overjoyed to have announced, (3) is currently under construction, and (4) may not see an equivalent scale coaster built at this park ever again is definitely disappointing.  The construction work being done now is literally the first or second thing that most Kings Island guests will see as they approach the park next year and for years to come thereafter.  Regardless as to how you feel about the coaster this is a milestone moment in the park's history.  

Is it worth organizing a protest and start picketing around Kings Island because of this situation?  Of course not.  This is a hobby of ours so we want to make sure and keep things in the proper perspective.  But in the context of our hobby this is absolutely an incredibly exciting time, and to be missing out on some of this for whatever reason the webcams are down is a bummer.  Hopefully we'll continue to have those charitable posters continue to post pictures from publicly-accessible areas to satisfy our curiosity!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, gad198 said:

I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone who is following this project to be disappointed in the webcams being down.  This is Kings Island's longest, tallest, and fastest steel coaster.  Kings Island may never build another coaster of this magnitude.  Sometimes we (myself included) take a lot of these larger coaster installations for granted.  We've had Diamondback (a world-class hyper), Banshee (a world-class inverted), Mystic Timbers (a world-class wooden coaster) and Orion (what will be a world-class giga) all within a just over 10-year timeframe.  How many other parks can we think of that has received these kinds of installations within that same timeframe?

The economy has been a tailwind during that time, but there's absolutely no guarantee that will continue to be the case moving forward.  Cedar Fair has already come out and said that these larger installations are likely going to slow down.  Kings Island is very unlikely to see this kind of marquee installation again for a LONG time, and as such, this is going to be their flagship coaster for a LONG time.  Missing out on seeing the progress of a coaster that we've all been (1) waiting for a long time to be built, (2) were overjoyed to have announced, (3) is currently under construction, and (4) may not see an equivalent scale coaster built at this park ever again is definitely disappointing.  The construction work being done now is literally the first or second thing that most Kings Island guests will see as they approach the park next year and for years to come thereafter.  Regardless as to how you feel about the coaster this is a milestone moment in the park's history.  

Is it worth organizing a protest and start picketing around Kings Island because of this situation?  Of course not.  This is a hobby of ours so we want to make sure and keep things in the proper perspective.  But in the context of our hobby this is absolutely an incredibly exciting time, and to be missing out on some of this for whatever reason the webcams are down is a bummer.  Hopefully we'll continue to have those charitable posters continue to post pictures from publicly-accessible areas to satisfy our curiosity!  

This guy gets it. Its our hobby we were all just talking. Then the arguers came in. And usually i dont argue that hard but i find it incredible we get told to relax the webcams arent that serious. On a free thread that isnt that serious... I apologize to everyone sifting through and the mods they will probs have to clear out. 

This. Is. just. a. ****ing. forum. Not a thing on here that ive ever posted mattered when i get off the computer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Dude. Its just speculation. Nobody here has a solid answer. POINT and CASE. Why cant we speculate without being told "Relax" I dont have an answer thats right or wrong. Its all just a thought. Literally nobody was arguing till someone said relax youll live. No ****.  Maybe you cant take things at face value either. Do you know where we can sign up for classes on how to learn that?

I don't get why you think I'm not relaxed.  I'm simply building my points of speculation from another side of this and voicing my opinions as well.  

And don't act like you haven't been tense in your opinions either.  You're the one defending building the case with the claims of the park lying in the first place.   You can't say that isn't drama. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I don't get why you think I'm not relaxed.  I'm simply building my points of speculation from another side of this and voicing my opinions as well.  

And don't act like you haven't been tense in your opinions either.  You're the one defending building the case with the claims of the park lying in the first place.   You can't say that isn't drama. 

Silver.... Its all speculation. Nobody needs to relax. Cause if you arent relaxed while on here you got a problem. Im sitting in a chair typing. Not mad. im laughing mostly. This is a thread. 

• Like 2

The only drama I see here are the ones coming in complaining about those that are disgruntled with KI PR's handling of this whole issue.  It's been a complete clusterf**k.  There is not one person who can come here and say with complete honesty that Kings Island's PR staff didn't completely botch this week up.  If the park indeed installed software upgrades, and are having electrical issues due to Winterfest, SAY IT.  Communicate with your customers!  Give us video and photos of the progress!  Go the extra mile since we can't watch it ourselves.  Instead, we have NOTHING.  So for those that viciously defend KI's PR team like they can do nothing wrong - give it a darn rest.  It's ridiculous.  They screwed up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

The only drama I see here are the ones coming in complaining about those that are disgruntled with KI PR's handling of this whole issue.  It's been a complete clusterf**k.  There is not one person who can come here and say with complete honesty that Kings Island's PR staff didn't completely botch this week up.  If the park indeed installed software upgrades, and are having electrical issues due to Winterfest, SAY IT.  Communicate with your customers!  Give us video and photos of the progress!  Go the extra mile since we can't watch it ourselves.  Instead, we have NOTHING.  So for those that viciously defend KI's PR team like they can do nothing wrong - give it a darn rest.  It's ridiculous.  They screwed up.

What do average customers have to benefit from that information?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

What do average customers have to benefit from that information?

I mean, if I dont communicate correctly and truthfully to my customers, they wont be my customers for very long, and may not trust what is said in the future. And trust is a very hard thing to earn back. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I mean, if I dont communicate correctly and truthfully to my customers, they wont be my customers for very long, and may not trust what is said in the future. And trust is a very hard thing to earn back. 

Based entirely off of how they're handling the webcams?  You're kidding, right?   There are many other areas that the park could screw up which that would be true.  The webcams aren't one of those issues.  

I think most of you are stuck in the enthusiast social bubble.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

Based entirely off of how they're handling the webcams?  You're kidding, right?   There are many other areas that the park could screw up which that would be true.  The webcams aren't one of those issues.  

While enthusiasts make up a very very tiny percent of customers, they are a very vocal set of customers, a set that it is usually not wise to mishandle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you aren't stuck in it, or on the subject for that matter. Why you still here?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Okay im literally spelling it out.

They said they needed software updates.

Ive worked for live tv, video studios, music studios. Ive never seen a 6 day update. Kinda weird right... Well shiney grey as Billie Mays once said "WAIT THERES MORE"

They then change the story up to shutting off power. The elevators have been running. The lights at the top of the tower are on. AND NOT JUST THE AVIATION FLASHY LIGHT THING (Six what are those called. Btw) The actual lights. Now i dont know how your electric works but when mines off the lights dont usually come up right.

KI also has a track record of taking cams down of any risk so nothing gets caught on video. This is what i think is happening. But last but not least

we wish the park would just come out and say that. Theres the string you following like a cat now?

Aviation flashy light thing is good enough.

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@JonahWilliamson

Obstruction Lights.

@LovinMeSomeBanshee I am a fly-around poster... not a fly-by. Although, we have flown by once....

Better be careful flying by, don't want to upset anyone over being in the airspace above them.  Next thing you know we will end up like Disney having to tell ATC on the radio we are buzzing the tower/castle.  

57 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Weird nobody was arguing untill yall showed up....

I've been a little argumentative at times. Sorry y'all I will try to get my passion under control.

37 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

In my great and unmatched wisdom, I called it this morning.

Eh it was way more spicy the other day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

What a disappointment and lost opportunity.

No offense, but 'opportunity' for what? The GP doesn't care until the thing is operational, and after the lukewarm excitement from enthusiasts and GP alike at the announcement of a mega-project, the last thing I'd care about is providing footage of every minute of construction. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

No offense, but 'opportunity' for what? The GP doesn't care until the thing is operational, and after the lukewarm excitement from enthusiasts and GP alike at the announcement of a mega-project, the last thing I'd care about is providing footage of every minute of construction. 

The GP comments on alot of social media says alot though. 

• Like 1