Webcam Outage Discussion

JonahWilliamson

On 10/24/2019 at 9:33 AM, sixohdieselrage said:

Source?

It's some users only way to enjoy/view the construction. 

Exactly. We are allowed to politely voice our annoyances. Get over it.

Also, I’d love to see management at Macy’s or Best Buy say, “Entitled customers! Always coming in on Tuesdays and buying their stupid CDs and movies! They are so entitled that they even camp out in front of our store on Black Friday!” Yeah, that would get some heads rolling.

Seems like this Kinzel-era attitude of, “its your privilege to spend money at our park” was injected once again when they restructured in late 2017. Sorry if I trigger anyone, but it’s very Tony Clark-esque. Notice how Tony got brought back and then a year later they were all of a sudden not the world’s greatest theme park? In fact, they fell to third. How was PS the word’s best kids area for decades, but now it isn’t? How was last year’s Haunt (the worst year for Haunt) the best theme park event according to USA Today and now (when it’s much better) it’s third? What changed? The parks didn’t. The personnel did.

Unfortunately both have burnt their bridges so much with enthusiast groups that people are clearly voting against them, and in turn, the business suffers.

Don’t forget that the only enthusiast outlet that was invited to Haunt’s media day was one intended to get invited to media days and in order to do this they literally audit, disapprove, or delete anything that is not exceptionally pro park.  

So I agree - don’t buy into the “entitled enthusiast” narrative that some within the park ignorantly push. They’re a business not a charity. Visit the park, follow the rules, take advantage of the meal plans and whatnot. All of those things are there for a reason. Even Coasterstock, Gold Pass ERT, and ride nights aren’t just there to do something nice for passholders. They need something from you. This is their way of attempting to purchase it. Never forget that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

Guess them chores aint getting done.

Just unplugging the WAN port on my router works in my house.   They don't go near that rats nest to know any better.  "darn good for nothin' cable company!, well lets go get the lawn mowed I am sure it will be back up soon."

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

I may be incorrect about this, but doesn't KI have wifi in the park, so if the webcams are still down tomorrow if there is no wifi that would make sense if they are doing a whole system upgrade/maintenance. Just a thought.

That makes sense. How did you find out they dont have wifi.

5 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

That makes sense. How did you find out they dont have wifi.

Maybe I just worded my post incorrectly, but I was meaning to say that if they don't have wifi tomorrow then that would make sense with people saying they are doing system upgrades/maintenance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Also, I’d love to see management at Macy’s or Best Buy say, “Entitled customers! Always coming in on Tuesdays and buying their stupid CDs and movies! They are so entitled that they even camp out in front of our store on Black Friday!” Yeah, that would get some heads rolling.

Seems like this Kinzel-era attitude of, “its your privilege to spend money at our park” was injected once again when they restructured in late 2017. Sorry if I trigger anyone, but it’s very Tony Clark-esque. Notice how Tony got brought back and then a year later they were all of a sudden not the world’s greatest theme park? In fact, they fell to third. How was PS the word’s best kids area for decades, but now it isn’t? How was last year’s Haunt (the worst year for Haunt) the best theme park event according to USA Today and now (when it’s much better) it’s third? What changed? The parks didn’t. The personnel did.

Unfortunately both have burnt their bridges so much with enthusiast groups that people are clearly voting against them, and in turn, the business suffers.

Don’t forget that the only enthusiast outlet that was invited to Haunt’s media day was one where the sole reason the administrator runs the avenue is to get invited to media days and in order to do this they literally audit, disapprove, or delete anything that is not exceptionally pro park.  

So I agree - don’t buy into the “entitled enthusiast” narrative that some within the park ignorantly push. They’re a business not a charity. Visit the park, follow the rules, take advantage of the meal plans and whatnot. All of those things are there for a reason. Even Coasterstock, Gold Pass ERT, and ride nights aren’t just there to do something nice for passholders. They need something from you. This is their way of attempting to purchase it. Never forget that.

Oh spicy!!!

Side not Dollywood dumped a ton of money into their new kids area. Have yet to see it in person but it looks like it blows Planet Snoopy out of the water. As for the rest I think you make some very valid points.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Power must be back on because the eyes at the top of the tower were on when I paced by, or that wasn't the problem at all.

It’s not the problem. Not sure who but someone  mentioned the eyes in addition to the elevator and spot lights. 

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Start posting pictures of her in tears to social media tagging Chad and Don.  

Should have saved the video of her singing "Hard Knock Life" doing laundry :lol:. Math teacher already has her doing worksheets with amusement park word problems since she won't shut up about KI. 

She'll be happy to see lights on the Eiffel Tower though. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JubJester said:

Power must be back on because the eyes at the top of the tower were on when I paced by, or that wasn't the problem at all.

Some even say the power has been on the entire time evidenced by the elevators going up and down the entire time. It's a mystery.

10 hours ago, Coaster Head 1980 said:

OMG!! Did anyone notice the webcams are down?!

What!?!!? While they are doing the most important park of the most important construction in the history of Kings Island.  Nah, just refresh your browser or something. It was just an update a week ago, must be your side that is broken. 

Day 5 of The Great Web Camera Blackout of 2019. Thousands of homes in disarray across the region. Families split over discussions of footage and rights of enthusiasts. This conflict has escalated quickly since Kings Island shut the cameras down Sunday evening during one of the largest construction projects in park history.  In a statement released from the Whitehouse today, President Trump did not rule out using military action to resolve this conflict that has risen along the banks of the Little Miami River in Southeast Ohio. We go live to John Matarese who's been standing by at the treaty talks to see if the camera's will indeed get back online today. John.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

19 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

The GP comments on alot of social media says alot though. 

Sure they do-But much of the sentiment from the GP on social media when they announced it was in the veins of:

'No loops-lame!'

'Just like Diamondback-boooring'

'I hate roller coasters, they need more family rides'

'No way I'd wait 5 hours to ride that thing'

etc., etc.

With social media coverage you open yourself up for criticism as much as promoting your project. If I was KI, I'd sit  back and let the actual ride knock people's socks off when it arrives. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

What if we get our Platinum Pass from CP?

Speaking of those.. off subject, but I feel CP screwed alot of their passholders off with the execution of it. 

@silver2005 Again, my issue isnt that they so much "lied", it's their transparency of the whole thing. 

Let me get this straight... Kings Island is building a $30 million giga coaster, they also moved one of their webcams to film construction. That webcam has been down a couple of days, so you're now mad enough that you want to get a pass still but in a way that will look less beneficial to Kings Island? You come off extremely entitled and whiny.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Delirium13 said:

Let me get this straight... Kings Island is building a $30 million giga coaster, they also moved one of their webcams to film construction. That webcam has been down a couple of days, so you're now mad enough that you want to get a pass still but in a way that will look less beneficial to Kings Island? You come off extremely entitled and whiny.

Yet you comment here as well? #FunnyHuh?

• Like 1