Webcam Outage Discussion

JonahWilliamson

Just now, scoriell said:

Yeah you're right, honestly we should riot over this free service provided by a private business. Can you bring the torches?

If you say so, yet here you are.

Again, it's not a "free" service per se.  They run a business, not a charity. They have those things for a reason, and it ain't to be nice to you.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sixohdieselrage said:

We enjoy watching you crawl out of your cave just to be a troll in a thread. 

Yes you are clearly the better man here, I'm sure everyone here loves to watch you complain about not having your way. I know I do!

3 minutes ago, scoriell said:

Yes you are clearly the better man here, I'm sure everyone here loves to watch you complain about not having your way. I know I do!

That's funny. You are aware I can just hop in a plane and go see it from above for myself? So, what's that about "not having my way" over webcams? I'm speaking up for those who rely on them and cant view the construction. maybe reading through this topic would be beneficial to you. 

3 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Which people?  Because it appears the only people arguing or stirring up crap are the ones trying to perpetuate the "KI can do nothing wrong" agenda.

Oh I can definitely admit they can do wrong. For instance, the removal of Vortex IMO is a bad move that absolutely deserves more discussion. The temporary removal of a webcam? Not a big deal.

2 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

That's funny. You are aware I can just hop in a plane and go see it from above for myself? So, what's that about "not having my way" over webcams? I'm speaking up for those who rely on them and cant view the construction. maybe reading through this topic would be beneficial to you. 

Why don't you go "hop in a plane" and get some pictures for those poor folks then? Clearly they would appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scoriell said:

Why don't you go "hop in a plane" and get some pictures for those poor folks then? Clearly they would appreciate it.

Easy there cave dweller. That's been done by me. But, I'm not a park. Again, read previous posts here by me. You'll figure it out. 

On second thought, no, you wont. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, scoriell said:

Oh I can definitely admit they can do wrong. For instance, the removal of Vortex IMO is a bad move that absolutely deserves more discussion. The temporary removal of a webcam? Not a big deal.

The vast majority of us that are critical of the park are critical because of their communication (or the lack of it) and their transparency into the reasons of taking the webcam down.  Not that the webcams are actually down.  First it was "software upgrades" - those don't take a darn week, nor do they necessitate downtime in order an upgrade.  Then it was electrical issues for preparation of Winterfest - but the tower lights, elevators, etc. have been running and no evidence of power issues exists.  And if it IS power issues, that doesn't explain why the Mystic Timbers webcam is down too - that cam is nowhere near the Eiffel Tower.  And to this minute, the park is still completely mum on the subject - they're hunkering down and refusing to budge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, scoriell said:

Well, I'm sure he doesn't just "hop on a plane."  I'm sure he has to be inside it.  And probably only certain planes. 

• Haha 1

Just now, sixohdieselrage said:

Easy there cave dweller. That's been done by me. But, I'm not a park. Again, read previous posts here by me. You'll figure it out. 

On second thought, no, you wont. 

Oh are you afraid you'll get banned again if you post anymore unauthorized photos? I'm very familiar with your work and envy your ability to sit in a plane.

We don't have access to aircraft here in my cave...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, scoriell said:

Oh are you afraid you'll get banned again if you post anymore unauthorized photos? I'm very familiar with your work and envy your ability to sit in a plane.

Actually, I wasnt threatened to get banned over any of my pictures. The mods and Dane were very supportive of my pictures. I am very thankful to/for them for those issues. I'm not sure if you are properly aware of those circumstances. As well, dont be too envious. Rough rides suck. 

A cave could also be considered a hanger...

• Like 3

We are fine with everyone having an opinion and being passionate about your thoughts. What we don't want is people arguing back and fourth and going to far.

Be respectful of each other. It is okay to have different opinions, and don't forget that we are all here to enjoy our hobby.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Just now, IndyGuy4KI said:

We are fine with everyone having an opinion and being passionate about your thoughts. What we don't want is people arguing back and fourth and going to far.

Be respectful of each other. It is okay to have different opinions, and don't forget that we are all here to enjoy our hobby.

I can say from reading the above comments that probably won't happen. 

14 minutes ago, scoriell said:

Im not familiar with your work... what do you do...Six at least gets us pics. He might complain but at least he benefits us. I envy your ability to type on a roller coaster forum...

Sorry your cave doesnt have aircraft... That sucks.

4 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Im not familiar with your work... what do you do...Six at least gets us pics. He might complain but at least he benefits us. I envy your ability to type on a roller coaster forum...

Sorry your cave doesnt have aircraft... That sucks.

Oh I don't claim to do anything here, I just long for the days when this forum was enjoyable and not a season-long *****fest.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, scoriell said:

Oh I don't claim to do anything here, I just long for the days when this forum was enjoyable and not a season-long *****fest.

You're fully capable of leaving this thread and finding something else to read.  Don't act like you're not subjecting yourself to it.  Such a victim.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, scoriell said:

Threads like this don't have to be like this.

The only reason they get like this is because people like you get worked up over stuff.

Period.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, scoriell said:

Fun fact, in WWII Hitler moved vital production into mines and caves.  The Messerschmitt Me 262 was one of the most famous things built in these caves. Maybe you just need a new cave because it certainly can be done. 

2 hours ago, BBN said:

It sure looks like a few people just come on here to just argue and stir crap up, wow

Welcome to the internet where the points are made up and none of it  matter anyways. Fun fact- Al Gore invented pants. Source: the internet

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, scoriell said:

People coming into threads, calling out other members, and whining about how the forum used to be better is not only making things worse, but also doing the very thing you're complaining about. The more we talk about how fun things used to be, the less fun we'll have now. 

• Like 2

There is nothing wrong with being disgruntled about something, then voicing that disgruntledness over an internet forum. It's quite simple, @scoriell. If you don't like it, you're free leave. No one forced you to read this thread. You clearly find satisfaction in bringing other people down. Which reminds me of a quote my grandmother used to tell me:

"Those who are trying to bring you down, are already below you." 

• Like 3

I think the problem with how the forums are going, and it particularly pertains to this thread, is that people on the different sides of the issue don't know how to counter argue respectfully, don't know what the counterarguments are, and in general come to their conclusion without stepping back and trying to see others' point of view and don't allow their viewpoints to change when presented with new information.   Its easy to come to your own conclusions in your head and rationalized it to be true, but once presented with new points of view, its important to try and see things from those new perspectives.  I think there's a growing lack of that in this forum as a whole and its centered right now on this webcam topic.   If you really want to see the forums be something productive and engaging, you have to be able to do that.  Everyone has different points of view and perspective, even on topics you think are cut and dry, black and white.  Saying for people to just not read is pretty poor choice in words.  Its been difficult to veer from that as a lot of members continue to post with the mindset of those criticisms and the way they project them onto other threads.  Its hard to escape one thread's points because often members still post that on other threads despite other members' and mods' best intentions to 'stay on topic'.  The whole webcams thing has become a sort of 'Topic A' right now with how much its being brought up.  For those who've been here a while- remember how every thread used to always bring up SOB?  Its happening again (albeit more subtle and less widespread) with this webcam thing, and it did when the whole b***** giga thing was brought up, too.  Its because tangents can be on topic as well- showing different examples of something happening and looking for similarities and differences in events and theories is natural to see different perspectives.  There still needs to be a focus, but going off of tangents is a perfectly normal thing to do in conversations and shouldn't be frowned upon as being 'off topic'.  I think a lot of us have different ideas of how far you can go on tangents and be 'on' or 'off' topic.  

Its also been commonplace here lately to see people brush aside and be dismissive of others' arguments as well, and people overreact in groups to one person having a 'dissenting' viewpoint to where the person having that different viewpoint feels the need to get overly defensive because a lot of unfair and untrue criticisms get flung around (ex. members pointing out that someone is being 'preachy').  And I think the whole term 'argument' has been misunderstood and mischaracterizatized as well.  There are different types of 'arguments'.  There are the ones that most people know of where they just disagree and don't come to a disagreement, but there is also the way where you see the varying viewpoints, most of the time are in disagreement, but you then take information from those varying sides and come to a conclusion based on the entirety of the viewpoints.  Its a very common thing in college writing, especially when it comes to providing counterarguments for criticisms.  That's one of the first things you get taught in writing courses.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2