Webcam Outage Discussion

JonahWilliamson

Please guys, on both sides of the argument, I mean this respectfully..

If you really want the forum to be like old times, stop shaming newer members for not being like former members. Stop trying to control other people's responses and opinions. Stop telling people that if they don't like it to get out. Most of all, please just stop adding to the discourse. This isn't healthy. 

If you want things to change, set an example. Be the member you want other members to be. 

Joshua, who just wants people to have fun and enjoy the webcams while also not caring at all about the webcams himself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

When did I say it would be with a firearm? 

Technically speaking I think you are potentially bogged down with legal expenditures off the charts regardless. Currently---for right or wrong---drones trump your privacy/trespassing rights. I could see that changing, but might want to a have a big GoFundMe ready to go if you are planning to starting bringing drones down in your neighborhood.

I'm not even against you here, but I hear a lot of folks give the ole, "I'd just shoot it down" argument. Sounds legit. Don't blame them. But the legality of that is very/overly problematic right now.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Technically speaking I think you are potentially bogged down with legal expenditures off the charts regardless. Currently---for right or wrong---drones trump your privacy/trespassing rights. I could see that changing, but might want to a have a big GoFundMe ready to go if you are planning to starting bringing drones down in your neighborhood.

I'm not even against you here, but I hear a lot of folks give the ole, "I'd just shoot it down" argument. Sounds legit. Don't blame them. But the legality of that is very/overly problematic right now.

Exactly but let's move on please. Were here for webcams I guess? Not drones lol

• Like 1

Just curious of all the talk of original users . . when did this site start?  who were the original designers/mods?  are they still around?

And not to knock on other sites, but why didn't a more "extreme" forum take off like this one?  It seems like for a very good forum too, just not much posting there.

For me, I discovered this forum when I wanted to find out what the heck was going on with SOB back in 2009.  I just remember going earlier that year and SOB was running, and then just stopped with no announcements.  So I wanted to know why . . I guess that is still a record breaking forum.

• Like 1

It is probably safe to say the cams will be down through the whole lift process. Keep eyes on that weather bug. When the cams come back we will see its height and I think that will help with the perspective with it being almost eye level with the cams. Just keep playing that waiting game. Hey this for the fans not the mods. Im not doing any kissing ass. But wanted to say sorry for the arguing on my side of things last week. Lets hope these cams come back this week and lets not rip each each others throat out. Whatever your opinions are about the cams, mods, Orion itself. We gotta chill out. This is my first year on here and I'm really hoping to meet some of you in the spring and catch rides with some people and make new friends. I dont want me or anyone else here to meet up with some KIC people and realize someone you fought with is there and have to have an awkward apology or awkward visit to the park. That goes both ways. ****ed off webcam people need to be reasonable but so do the people throwing out the "Entitled" thing. Its cool we have this place to talk and in todays age have technology to meet up and talk. Lets start benefiting from this instead of getting mad at people THAT HAVE THE SAME INTEREST. Hope everyone has great week wherever you are in the country and whatever you do for work or school. Kings Island closed for a bit and this is all we got. So arguing doesnt do us any good. So lets get back to a dope forum and quit the bickering for just a little while. 

• Like 7

Well the webcams are still down, just in time for the big finish on the lift. The sad part is for very little money the park could of put up another feed. A hotspot with unlimited data, cheap webcam on Flight of Fears building and we could of had a view. It wouldn't even have to be live video, do something like the weather bug camera if you had to for bandwidth. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PilotDude said:

Well the webcams are still down, just in time for the big finish on the lift. The sad part is for very little money the park could of put up another feed. A hotspot with unlimited data, cheap webcam on Flight of Fears building and we could of had a view. It wouldn't even have to be live video, do something like the weather bug camera if you had to for bandwidth. 

Like I said before, the web cams are there for a reason, and it ain’t just to be nice to you.

With that being said, they are probably incredibly low on the priority list of things that need to be fixed.  They’ll come back sooner than later, but I don’t think the urgency is there to buy another camera and set up a hotspot and whatnot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Like I said before, the web cams are there for a reason, and it ain’t just to be nice to you.

With that being said, they are probably incredibly low on the priority list of things that need to be fixed.  They’ll come back sooner than later, but I don’t think the urgency is there to buy another camera and set up a hotspot and whatnot. 

I guess different strokes for different folks.  From a marketing standpoint the camera is well worth the cost. Spend $200 bucks on the set up and sell two passes and you would break even.   They advertised they had a webcam and made a big deal about them on social media, then they go away. It isn't a good look for the park at all and they are throwing money away IMHO but I can see how your view as well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

I guess different strokes for different folks.  From a marketing standpoint the camera is well worth the cost. Spend $200 bucks on the set up and sell two passes and you would break even.   They advertised they had a webcam and made a big deal about them on social media, then they go away. It isn't a good look for the park at all and they are throwing money away IMHO but I can see how your view as well. 

Oh, I agree that it doesn’t look good. But my thought is that if they have to choose between the web cams working and the SP portal working (which isn’t wasn’t working properly this weekend) you’d better believe that they’ll put their efforts into getting that portal up!!

• Like 2

I wonder if they are going to move the Diamondback webcam just a little, so we will not be able to see Vortex coming down. That would be mean. I know the webcams are down for other reasons though, so they should remain where they are currently positioned.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:18 PM, sixohdieselrage said:

Walmart has public cameras? You must be one of them Walmart enthusiasts I've heard of, to know if they have public came

Am i the only one who got  excited and searched for the Walmart public cams?   I have a feeling they would be very interesting to watch...lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Understand, the park wants the webcams up. There is no secret agenda on them being down.

I work in IT. And I don't believe there is some secret agenda to the webcams being down. But I find it odd they are all down. Is their entire network blown to bits? I could see both tower cams down at once---makes perfect sense, but AND the random camera atop the big box is down, too?  Could happen. Is happening. Bad timing for the park is all I can say. And I've been there, done that... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

I work in IT. And I don't believe there is some secret agenda to the webcams being down. But I find it odd they are all down. Is their entire network blown to bits? I could see both tower cams down at once---makes perfect sense, but AND the random camera atop the big box is down, too?  Could happen. Is happening. Bad timing for the park is all I can say. And I've been there, done that... 

I'd say there's a fairly good chance the whole circuit is down for the work they're doing on the tower.

9 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Sorry Brad, one does not get to name the location Area 72 and then claim there are no secret agendas.  It is against the rules.  :P

Maybe the Rivertown Freestyle was open and they didn't want us to see it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3