Webcam Outage Discussion

JonahWilliamson

4 minutes ago, Delirium13 said:

Are you even serious? So no ride in the past without a webcam has had hype? No rides at Universal or Disney have construction webcams. I don't think Hershey Park has a cam for their new coaster. It's called advertising. They're doing it and still posting pics on social media. 

So, what was the purpose of the camera being moved in the first place then? If they didn't want hype, they could have kept it on Banshee.  Lol

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Delirium13 said:

Get over yourself. I've criticized the park plenty of times when deserved. This isn't a big deal. But I'm done. I'm not changing any minds. My mind is not changed. This has been a nice reminder of why I and many other members have stopped frequenting this site. Enjoy your Microsoft paint roller coaster drawings!

Ok this is where I draw the line ( with Microsoft paint).

Don't be rude. You don't need to make fun of people like myself who put time in to make those. I don't care about the cam argument you folks are in but when you talk crap about people's art work. That's enough. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

So, what was the purpose of the camera being moved in the first place then? If they didn't want hype, they could have kept it on Banshee.  Lol

LOL! Clearly they're using it to market the attraction as a fun feature on their website. But your argument that there would be no hype over this without it or that you're entitled to it is ridiculous. But, not surprising.

17 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Ok this is where I draw the line ( with Microsoft paint).

Don't be rude. You don't need to make fun of people like myself who put time in to make those. I don't care about the cam argument you folks are in but when you talk crap about people's art work. That's enough. 

You're right. Removed.

• Like 1

Cedar Fair chose to make webcams a routine addition to their marketing campaigns.  Banshee, Mystic Timbers, Fury, Copperhead Strike, Valravn, etc. all had construction cams.  Kings Island promised one for Orion.  They provided one.  Then, in the middle of construction, just before the highlight of the entire thing, they take it down without absolutely any official word on why they were doing so.  Again, this is THEIR fault.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Delirium13 said:

Are you even serious? So no ride in the past without a webcam has had hype? No rides at Universal or Disney have construction webcams. I don't think Hershey Park has a cam for their new coaster. It's called advertising. They're doing it and still posting pics on social media. 

Your right but the issue is KI does have cameras. They made a point to say watch the construction unfold from the camera. Then they restrict access when the greatest part of the ride is being built. I am sorry but that is a problem. That is KI’s problem. They dropped the ball. Are they going to miss out on passes being sold I doubt it.  

Look at Disney and galaxy edge I saw everywhere that it was a failure because it didn’t have 8 hour waits (I think it was a success) or that they didn’t advertise enough. Now they have a plane wrapped in a galaxy edge advertisement. I am not implying they listened to the criticism but to think that a GIGA coaster is going to sell itself is very foolish. A picture a day on all social media accounts should be the minimum to keep awareness at its highest for Orion. Honestly then with the cameras on once a week. It’s crazy but even the GP enjoys seeing pictures of the coaster being built. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Delirium13 said:

Frustration is fine, but people are treating this like it's a huge deal. It's not.

Cool.

Nobody has talked about season pass sales. But the giant ride their building will take care of that. Nobody (reasonable) is buying their season pass based on a webcam.

I have talked about season passes. Also have friends who live up on the lake who decided to buy platinum this year based off the webcam and how cool Orion looked.   Showed them the POV and it was cool, showed them the webcam and it was "wow, that is way bigger then it looks"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Good point. I edited that post. Thanks. 

To be fair, whether the web cams are turned off intentionally or they really are taking almost a week to do an "upgrade" during the most crucial time of construction... it's a screw up.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Better than clog the other threads with criticism towards a screw up. But, hey, what else do we talk about?

I mean, you could always just accept the reasoning you were given and move on? 

Why does my posts keep appearing an a different thread than I posted in? This is the second time in under an hour. First time I thought it was my mistake but now I know it wasn't. If somebody is moving them then why not just delete them. Since when moved they become pointless to the new thread. As they were intended for another one. Not this one. Moving it would just be confusing and make me look like an idiot.

1 minute ago, scoriell said:

Well I mean, someone has to keep you on your toes...

haha yep.

Also, I have been around a long time and I can tell you that when it comes to KI's "reason" vs KIC's "hearsay" it typically comes out that KIC is the more accurate bunch.  The park has an agenda but KIC is a network of a ton of people that all know people who may have info and don't care about the park's agenda. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Ah yes, we should never question anything in society.  If a superior authority tells us something...it's always the gospel truth!

Yeah you're right, honestly we should riot over this free service provided by a private business. Can you bring the torches?

Just now, sixohdieselrage said:

Clearly, it isnt working. Nice try buddy. 

If you say so, yet here you are.

• Like 1