Great Wolf Lodge Mason undergoing $8 million renovation

It definitely needs a modern facelift to get rid of the tan colors on the interior and give it a refresh.

We were just there before they closed for a week of “maintenance”. I hope they worked on the water park. Several things weren’t working correctly and needed some TLC and the paint was looking rough in places.

They did remodel most of the restrooms since last year, so they look good and are more functional.

• Like 2

It's good to see the guestrooms being refreshed. They were still pretty nice, but they were definitely due for a remodel considering the price they sell for.

1 hour ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Hoping this renovation involves getting rid of the bedbugs...

Bedbugs affect all types of hotels, from Motel 6 to Four Seasons. Part of the risk of having different guests bring their stuff into the rooms every night. The first thing I do when entering any hotel room is to check the mattresses and behind furniture for signs of bedbugs.

GWL follows industry best practices for detecting and eliminating infestations.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

It definitely needs a modern facelift to get rid of the tan colors on the interior and give it a refresh.

We were just there before they closed for a week of “maintenance”. I hope they worked on the water park. Several things weren’t working correctly and needed some TLC and the paint was looking rough in places.

They did remodel most of the restrooms since last year, so they look good and are more functional.

Fixing water park stuff is a big thing for their shutdown week. Unfortunately it doesn’t have an off-season like most water parks so many things that break over the course of the year have to wait until shutdown week when the pools and pumps are drained to be fixed.

3 hours ago, malem said:

It's good to see the guestrooms being refreshed. They were still pretty nice, but they were definitely due for a remodel considering the price they sell for.

Bedbugs affect all types of hotels, from Motel 6 to Four Seasons. Part of the risk of having different guests bring their stuff into the rooms every night. The first thing I do when entering any hotel room is to check the mattresses and behind furniture for signs of bedbugs.

GWL follows industry best practices for detecting and eliminating infestations.

For the record, also, Great Wolf Lodge Mason has never had a bed bug problem that is on a larger scale than the typical challenges for a 400+ room hotel.

To say they follow “best industry practices” is an understatement. They have a full time exterminator on staff to ensure that any issue they have does not get out of hand.

Rumors surface every few years of a massive bedbug problem but these always surface when people see dumpsters full of mattresses in the parking lot, in which all of the mattresses are replaced cyclically anyway. 

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

Was going to make a new thread but I found this one...

When we last visited Great Wolf Lodge in early December 2022 the Hydro Plunge water coaster was closed for good and about half of it ripped out.

There was signage all over the waterpark about a new attraction coming to replace it in spring 2023.

Has anyone heard anything about this project or can share pictures?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zac2211 said:

When we last visited Great Wolf Lodge in early December 2022 the Hydro Plunge water coaster was closed for good and about half of it ripped out.

There was signage all over the waterpark about a new attraction coming to replace it in spring 2023.

Hopefully another water coaster cause that ride was fun. Two good drops and got some speed at the end. Id be fine with the exact same layout. What sections were ripped out? Was it just the lift hills? They could be just rebuilding the lift sections if so.

• Like 3

I’ve heard that the new installment will be gravity driven, so it may or may not be a water coaster in most peoples’ eyes. The good news is that the new addition could be coming sooner than later, as in, by the summer. Don’t hold me to this, it’s just what I’ve heard. 

Their water coaster will be missed. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cedarAfairs said:

Supposed to open this Spring but still no announcement of what's going in. We should know pretty soon. Hoping it's done by Coasterstock as we're staying there during the event. But wouldn't be surprised if it's not. 

IMG_0729.jpeg

When during Coasterstock will you have time to go? It is a full days event.

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 8:23 AM, zac2211 said:

IMG_2047.jpeg

IMG_2048.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 12:26 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

I’ve heard that the new installment will be gravity driven, so it may or may not be a water coaster in most peoples’ eyes. The good news is that the new addition could be coming sooner than later, as in, by the summer. Don’t hold me to this, it’s just what I’ve heard. 

Their water coaster will be missed. 

My family & I are staying this weekend (8/4-8/6) and we definitely miss the water coaster! Its replacement sucks… nowhere near as fun as the original. :(