What kind of giga supports do you like?

BoddaH1994

Which type of giga supports do you like?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just for fun...

I was having a fun debate as to which type of structure looks better for a giga's iconic first hill.  

Orion:

Orion.png

Notice the simple A-Frame supports.  The top seems like it's floating in the air.

Millennium Force:

Millennium Force.jpg
Truss work makes for an imposing structure. 

Which one do you prefer?  

• Like 2

While I think both styles look cool in their own right, I picked other being Steel Dragon, which appears to be even more imposing than Millennium Force due to having even more trusses and latices make up the support structure.

The Arrow and Morgan hypers always seemed the most awe-inspiring for this reason, and Steel Dragon just takes it to whole different level.images (2).jpeg

Just look at this thing.

3f3936d9178241975c3408a2fabf6a66.jpg

• Like 5

I think I like Millennium's just a bit more than Steel Dragon's which is awesome too.  That being said, I think the B & M ones are super cool and more park friendly as they can straddle things as is the case with Diamondback.  Nothing can go beneath Millie or Steel Dragon.  But they looks cool lit up, so I do slightly prefer them.  

To me, Steel Dragon 2000 is the steel structure equivalent to SOB in terms of massiveness (better designed obviously).  Its ridiculous due to the earthquake proofing (which is why it got a nice $50 million price tag, too).  

I think I prefer the minimalist approach of I-305.  Its a radical departure from normal supports which gives it a unique and maybe even an unorthodox look.  You don't expect a coaster so tall to have so few support beams.  It helps that its color scheme makes it pop more than the other gigas, too. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BeastForever said:

While I think both styles look cool in their own right, I picked other being Steel Dragon, which appears to be even more imposing than Millennium Force due to having even more trusses and latices make up the support structure.

The Arrow and Morgan hypers always seemed the most awe-inspiring for this reason, and Steel Dragon just takes it to whole different level.images (2).jpeg

Just look at this thing.

3f3936d9178241975c3408a2fabf6a66.jpg

Man...put that anywhere but a parking lot and it would look so much better. Still....I'd love to try that one out. 50 mil?? Wow!

• 10 months later...